Who's going to buy the trilogy out Tuesday?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe some of you buddies can pool to buy a set. and then copy the documentary part to distribute? not sure if that will work.

if it does, it will mean spending a lower amount (from sharing to buy a set) for just the documentary.

noelleon69 said:
maybe some of you buddies can pool to buy a set. and then copy the documentary part to distribute? not sure if that will work.

No sure if that would be legal, though... :lol

As the R2 versions aren't out 'till end of September, I'm gonna wait & see wot the general consensus is. Trouble is, I'm weak lol. Watch this space:lol:lol:lol

TC :cool:

I would buy it but I can't find any company here in sweden who sells it.. :(

And that means I gotta order it from another country and have to pay loads in shipping..

First response mirrors those who've posted before me: nah -- I've already got the theatrical AND EE versions of them. Then.....well, maybe. No matter how resolute, I'm sure I'll wind up caving and grab them if I pass by them in a store. I'm just pitiful.:eek:

Calle_Sandell said:
I would buy it but I can't find any company here in sweden who sells it.. :(

And that means I gotta order it from another country and have to pay loads in shipping..

Not that I want to talk you into buying, but www.amazon.com isn't that bad, $ 60.99 for the set and $ 6.98 for shipping to Europe by Standard shipping which usually takes less than 2 weeks. Expedited shipping would be $ 10.48 and you would get it a couple of days earlier.

(That only works of course if you are looking for the Region Code 1 DVDs)

Wow, pretty amazing response in the negative!! I don't think ANY post on this thread has answered in the affirmative which is surprising considering the die-hard nature of the fans on this forum.

Well, I'll be the first I guess. Yes, I will buy it. And I will continue to buy every version they release up to, including, and beyond the HD-DVD and/or Blue-ray versions.

I hate myself for it cause it's people like me that make marketing tactics like this one work. :(

Dennis

Well, as I already have the bootleg, regular and extended versions, why on earth would I stop now? Don't get me started on all the permutations of STAR WARS I've got (and that's including LD, VCD, DVD and plain old VHS --but strangely, no Beta!)

All I can say is, I hope New Line doesn't go the Lucasfilm route and start soaking us every few years with a new edition. I'm just too weak to resist...

dfchang said:
Wow, pretty amazing response in the negative!! I don't think ANY post on this thread has answered in the affirmative which is surprising considering the die-hard nature of the fans on this forum.

I'm as die-hard as anyone but these are in no way better than the EE I have which IMO are some of the best versions of any movie.

I'm buying these just because I'm a LOTR junkie and will buy them just for the new cases/cd's/slipcases etc. The documentary will be cool, the whole raw footage without a narrator is awesome (just wish it was un-edited). But as far as the actual movies go nothing will ever surpass the EE sets, which I think is the best dvd set to ever be released.

Here's the rub. GRanted, NewLine is milking us big time. BUT, all the reviews I've read about those who have seen the new documentaries by Botes (sp?) say it's worth it alone for that. I believe I've seen previews of some of these docus. If anything, they will have behind the scenes and bloopers that we've been clamoring for. I doubt that I will find any rental versions of these anywhere. Not even Netflix . . . As much as I find the temptation to just grab the rip off the net, something in me tells me I'll ultimately want the originals, just cos I'm an LOTR sucker. And for the record, NewLine has only committed to HD-DVD, not Blu-Ray.

On that note, anyone have a copy of the Lost Disc from POTC they can make for me?

Being as I already have two versions I don't think I'll buy these. I think I'll wait for the HD version, but who knows I may cave in.

I forgot to add . . .PJ, being true to his word with his DVD releases thus far (emphasis on "thus far"), has not re-released any bonus material. So, as of now, these docus are not in any other release currently. That's not to say they will not all get merged when he releases his uber-version on HD. Can the same be said of Star Wars?

Back