Who's going to buy the trilogy out Tuesday?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnamiraTook

Freaked Out
Reaction score
$60.99 on Amazon.

Will the additional commentary be worth the price? I'm hesitating, but I'll probably bite. Too bad they won't/can't just let us buy the commentary without another copy of both editions of the trilogy.

In checking the price on DeepDiscountDVD -- its higher -- I saw they list all of the Collector's Editions with sculptures for about $23 each.

Also anyone a fan of Bean as Sharpe. The newly made Sharpe story and "the making of" will be on BBC America next week.

I'm not getting it. It's not worth the expense just for a new documentary. Maybe if I can find them for a cheapo price then I'd be willing to dish out the dough for them. But at that price it's not worth it to me. Considering I have the TE and EE's already.

I just can't justify buying a third set of these movies just for the documentary. At least not at this price. The most I would pay would be $15 each, or about $45 for the set. I almost never pay $20 for a DVD, much less one that I have already purchased twice. They priced these things out of my reach.

Unless Bombadill is included in this new one (which I know he aint) I am happy with what I have now.:cool:

gambit said:
The gift set extended DVD's are the ultimate ones imo and I do not think I will buy any LOTR unless new characters are included.

What is a commentary? no need to pay additional $ for some speech
Unless the reanimated corpse of JRR himself watched these movies and recorded a commentary, I aint interested. :D

The behind the scenes stuff is usually just so stinkin' cool ....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :eek:

I am probably gonna pass. I have the Extended Editions already...

But, of course once I see it on the shelves at Best Buy, I am subject to change my mind.

:lol

Oh well... that commentary... I never finished a film listening to the commentary. Each time I start off with the commentary, and after 10 minutes I get so annoyed with someone constantly blabbering in between the action of the film (which has of course already captured me by that time), ... and I just turn the commentary off.

The only other version of this Trilogy that I'll be purchasing is the HD version.

It's a pass for me. Until the HD versions come out, I can't justify buying them a third time.

I agree with the general opinion.

I'll buy another version when they either extend the extended version or re-release it on HD.

(In the meantime I'll get the new documentaries from the Usenet...:rolleyes: )

Agent23 said:
I am probably gonna pass. I have the Extended Editions already...

But, of course once I see it on the shelves at Best Buy, I am subject to change my mind.

:lol

Yep, me too.

I'm hoping I can rent the bonus discs from Netflix. They tend not to carry new editions of titles (like Pitch Black and Underworld (neither of which I've seen because they don't have the longer versions)), so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I may be able to convince a non-LOTR-owning friend to split the cost, and I'll keep the bonus discs.

this is a strong Netflix, but not buy. Me just want HD versions. Me want HD gandalf. Me want HD Liv Tyler.....

Pass for me. I've got the best versions out so far with the EE. I'll wait till someone I know has it and borrow them to watch the extras.

Are you kidding? I hemmed and hawed over getting a used copy of the original fellowship after I'd gotten my EE's. I might grab these on the re-sale cart a few years from now.

Back