Who's Getting This Bad Boy (HULK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original paint job was done by Danno Cope for a forum member at another forum. IMHO, it's a cool bronze look without the bronze price. (For instance, all of Clay Moore's bronze stuff sells for over 2k. It's just a very time intensive, and therefore expensive, process.) Danno is well known in both the garage kit industry and does a lot of the factory paint masters for Bowen Designs. The most recent issue of Kitbuilders Magazine includes an article by Mr. Cope describing in great detail how he achieved this effect.

El Roranous said:
:lol Well the good news is you couldn't buy it if it were free.

Your opinion is that Bowen statues are junk....why?:confused:

I have several and they are all top quality.

The first part was a joke man.

;)

I have never really liked any of the designs of the majority of Bowen's stuff.

There are a few pieces here and there that I think are cool - Silver Surfer's, Iron Man's, Apoc - but I think thats about it.

In terms of Busts, well, I dislike them by default. Never really thought half-assed statues could be popular.

:monkey1

i like how it looks but i feel like bowen ripped off the guy from statueforums idea. this guy paid good money to get his hulk painted this way and now its a mass produced. i think that is a pretty shady money grab on bowen's part. but people will buy anything.

devlinboy said:
i like how it looks but i feel like bowen ripped off the guy from statueforums idea. this guy paid good money to get his hulk painted this way and now its a mass produced. i think that is a pretty shady money grab on bowen's part. but people will buy anything.
A deal was arranged between all the parties involved and they all agreed on terms before anything was confirmed. :monkey3

El Roranous said:
A deal was arranged between all the parties involved and they all agreed on terms before anything was confirmed. :monkey3

are you sure about that??? i heard different but things could have changed since i last talked to my friend at sf

devlinboy said:
are you sure about that??? i heard different but things could have changed since i last talked to my friend at sf
I am not 100% sure but last time I was there I read some posts about Danno offering the other member free paint jobs and such. The owner of the original statue (idea) was pretty satisfied with how things turned out. I am pretty sure Danno is definitely getting a piece of the pie from Bowen. :):lol

El Roranous said:
I am not 100% sure but last time I was there I read some posts about Danno offering the other member free paint jobs and such. The owner of the original statue (idea) was pretty satisfied with how things turned out. I am pretty sure Danno is definitely getting a piece of the pie from Bowen. :):lol

yeah, thats what i heard. but i just thought bowen would throw something to the original commisioner. i know danno is a super nice dude. thats why he felt bad and offered the free paint up. when i spoke to the commisioner he said that he was never approached by anyone but danno with compensation.

Any pics of the "original"?? (Sorry, not a Statueforum member)

Also does anyone know the edition size of the Bowen Hulk (I couldn't find it)...its already sold out in a few places...

Deadly Dagger said:
Any pics of the "original"?? (Sorry, not a Statueforum member)

Also does anyone know the edition size of the Bowen Hulk (I couldn't find it)...its already sold out in a few places...

its more or less the same exact thing. the pic that bowen is using could even be the pic of the original for all i know. the bronze effect is awesome with the tints of green and purple. danno is def. the paint master

does anyone now if there is or will be places in the uk to order one or a good priced us retailer to import from for this piece?

Would like this piece for my Sideshow hulk and diorama if i go for it

Back