Who would buy 1/6 scale Clone wars animated figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Sideshow would produce Animated style 1/6 Star Wars figures, would you buy them?

• Not interested at all

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I would wait and see the final product before deciding

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • Will probably buy just a handful of character favorites

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Hell yeah! bring em on!! I'll Priority Pre-Order everything

Votes: 13 13.7%

• Total voters
Outlander said:
Count me as another who wants "realistic" versions of the Clone Wars animated characters - which we're already getting with the Asajj Ventress alternate head and Snow Bunny Padme (which reminds me - Sideshow totally ignored the results of its own poll!)

If they only do one other Clone Wars animated character, please let it be Obi-Wan in clone armor!

Well, we have Obi Wan in Clone armour coming this month from Gentle Giant, so as the Gentle Giant statues are in scale with the Sideshow 12" figures I don't see Sideshow to produce a 12" Obi in Clone armour... the Statue is great.

I have no problem buying 1/6 characters from CW, but they have to be in the same style as all the others. Just like how Asajj is and Snow Bunny Padme will be. We have the GG Maquettes for the animated style and they are great. Leave 'em how they are but get us more of both :D

I would at least see what they looked like before deciding for sure but as of now I would have no interest.

Well it didn't work with Asajj and don't get me wrong it does look good but many people didn't like it because something was missing and after watching the cartoon again it hit me..it's the style of the drawing that makes many of them cool,on the other hand a realistic Durge or any jedi in armor is something I will preorder any day.:chew

I didn't have a problem with Asajj. She looked cool this way as will Padme. I like the animated style just done more on statues than 1/6th figures. So SS can continue to do EU/CW Figures just do them in real life styles than the cartoon.

I prefer the cartoony versions. We get tons and tons of real life looking ones, I want something to mix it up. It's boring if everythings the same. That's my thing though. It's like, why not throw in some spice?

I have no clue why Hasbro decided to cancel the animated figures. I guess Lucas (selfish bastard) did not want to have to pay royalties to Gendy for the Clone Wars style.

No chance. I already buy the GG CW maquettes and those are enough for me.

Personally I'd buy a few of my favorites but I wouldn't keep them Animated style. I much prefer the realistic stylings but love the costuming of the CW characters. I'd probably buy a couple of figures from the existing line and place the new CW clothes on them, an expensive Kitbash but its what I prefer. I wouldn't be opposed though to a "Clone Wars Design" addition every now and then like they are doing with Ilum Padme....

anakin1138 said:
Well, we have Obi Wan in Clone armour coming this month from Gentle Giant, so as the Gentle Giant statues are in scale with the Sideshow 12" figures I don't see Sideshow to produce a 12" Obi in Clone armour... the Statue is great.
Well, it's not quite the same as a fully poseable figure. But I guess when SS does Ep II Obi-Wan and a clone trooper, it'll be pretty easy to customize one.

As much as I enjoyed the Clone Wars Cartoons I would pass, I am sticking to actual Movie only figures and characters.

They are neat, but I have no interest. The 4" line serves them best because the style can be easier to present in all plastic.

jpcreations26 said:
I really loved the Animated style of Star wars Clone Wars and was really upset when Hasbro decided to can the assortment with the lame excuse that the product was not in high demand.

Ditto, I feel the line met a premature end. However, in '08 we will probably be up to our necks in animated style figures from Hasbro based on the new show. They mentioned recently in a Q&A that they are already working on them.

Have you picked up the animated style Bust-ups from GG? Often overlooked, the Bust-ups line has been one of my favorite inexpensive collectibles throughout the years.

Cool as the animated stuff is though, I feel Sideshow should stick with the same style for the entire line.

While I wouldn't really want figures in the animated style, I am all for EU figures done in a normal style, like Asajj was handled, and Snowbunny Padme looks to be that way too. I would prefer one, consistent look for the line.

Back