Who should play Captain America?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should play Steve Rogers/ Captain America?

• Leonardo Dicaprio

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Matt Damon

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Brad Pitt

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Matthew McConaughey

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • John Cena

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • a wrestler

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • An unknown

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • Neil McDonough

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Mark Valley

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Im not sure who would be a great Cap, but I would agree that acting talent is more important then size and muscle. IMO cap should look solid, but not overly bulky. His strength is derived primarely from the serum. And seeing as Blonksy became a super soldier at first without much increase in his stature Marvel will most likely go with the right person vs. the right build.

Decaprio might work! But the older Mark Valley is exactly the look I think of when I thnk of Steve Rogers.

Neill McDonough is the only guy on the list I think is close for the role.
But Im one of those people that think the "star" steals focus away from the characters and story.

I wish they'd do heavy casting calls and discover new talent for these Marvel roles to help the true characters/story shine thru... :monkey1

Steve Rogers would have been a fairly young man volunteering for WWII-- his subsequent adventures as Cap (as suggested for this first movie) and then frozen moment would put him in his twenties-- 30 maybe max...

Fun discussion, with that age in mind here are some other possibilities to consider:

Chad Michael Murray (along the same vein as Leo although I'm not too familiar with his work so someone else can say if he can actually act--necessary I think we can all agree on)

how245dw.jpg

Canadian shout-out (and you KNOW he can act) Ryan Gosling

gosling.jpg

Keeping the Canuck theme Ryan Reynolds

ryan_reynolds_99.jpg

And finally, a little out of left-field (well--far right actually as he's from England) BSG's Lee Adama Jamie Bamber.

Jamie_Bamber_2_s.jpg

I think Mark Valley and Neil McDonough are too old, but perhaps he should go on the list too...

Yeah, Pitt's old - but he's BRAD ^^^^ING PITT!

I voted for Neil McDonough ... he has a great look.

I don't think their too old ... look at RDJ as Iron Man ... I know the suit helps but I bit if he had to be in some other outfit he would still be great. As for Dicaprio, I don't think he would be the best from the part. He don't even have his MAN BODY yet ... he would really have to size up.

I voted for Neil McDonough ... he has a great look.

I don't think their too old ... look at RDJ as Iron Man ... I know the suit helps but I bit if he had to be in some other outfit he would still be great. As for Dicaprio, I don't think he would be the best from the part. He don't even have his MAN BODY yet ... he would really have to size up.

i think pitt would be good

Ive got to go for Leo as well - he can bulk up and camera tricks + CGI can deal with his height. The big deal is that he can act! :peace

Pitt as Cap would be more believable than Pitt as Thor. It has nothing to do with acting since we all know he has the skills. I think we all see him as Achilles and therefore assume he would be a good choice, but he is just not built physically for the roll of Thor. I just don't want some "average" build guy playing Thor. The outfit would look small and odd if not filled in right. CGI/fake muscles would look as natural as Vinnie did as the Juggernaut.

I can see him as Cap for sure though. He has a presence that commands leadership and can be taken seriously given how colorful Cap's outfit is.

I voted for Neil McDonough but would also like to see Leonardo DiCaprio. But whoever they choose, he better have acting skills and not just a face and a body. Because he has to hold his own against RDJ, Ed Norton and whoever will play Thor.

Back