Who makes a really good gaming headset.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelo07stang

Super Freak
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me who makes a great gaming headset I was told the new wirless astro gameing headsets are the best does anyone have these I want great sound quality when playing first person shooters and gears of war 3 when it comes out.

my Sennheiser 350 headphones has great sound quality and durability. Only cons are not alot of bass and it no USB just two plugs.

I however have not had any experience with "5.1 surround sound headphones"

Astros are good but they run you into the hundreds. Get them if money is not an object. However if you are on a budget, I recommend the turtle beaches x-11. 50 or so dollars and they have great immersive sound.

Astros are good but they run you into the hundreds. Get them if money is not an object. However if you are on a budget, I recommend the turtle beaches x-11. 50 or so dollars and they have great immersive sound.

I agree, I have those and they are great. Sometimes I take them off while playing because I think I hear something behind me but it turns out it was the game. :lol

I bought the new astro wireless a40 black mlg set all reviews and people say this is the best set on the market expensive as hell but you get what you pay for cant wait to have 7.1 surround in my ears when I play black ops and gears of war 3 to hear the enimies footsteps.

I agree, I have those and they are great. Sometimes I take them off while playing because I think I hear something behind me but it turns out it was the game. :lol

I bought the new astro wireless a40 black mlg set all reviews and people say this is the best set on the market expensive as hell but you get what you pay for cant wait to have 7.1 surround in my ears when I play black ops and gears of war 3 to hear the enimies footsteps.

I had been a Turtle Beach loyalist for years, but ultimately got tired of the almost-constant interference/feedback and echoing for my friends when in a chat session.

I got my Astro A30s with wireless Mixamp about a month ago and can't say enough good things about them.

Crystal clear 7.1 goodness.
:clap

Yeah, they're pricy but they are worth every penny. What I did was trade in my old TB's and some games to Amazon. They give top dollar, so I didn't have to pay a cent out of pocket.

I use the Turtle Beach px21's. I had my first pair for close to 6 months. They were in use for about 3 of those months and the chat part went out. I couldn't hear my friends speaking, but they could hear me.

I switched them out for a new pair. If it happens again, I'm done with Turtle Beach and will get astros.

I use the Turtle Beach px21's. I had my first pair for close to 6 months. They were in use for about 3 of those months and the chat part went out. I couldn't hear my friends speaking, but they could hear me.

I switched them out for a new pair. If it happens again, I'm done with Turtle Beach and will get astros.

You won't be sorry!
I say that because I think it'll eventually happen (your TBs dying).

Back