Who lives in Australia?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we talking collection now.... huh?

A link to my collection in my signature...

As for stuff on pre-order:
Star Wars 12-inch Figures Stormtrooper 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Ex (Waitlist :( )

Star Wars 12-inch Figures Darth Vader - Episode IV 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Ex (Waitlist :( )

Indiana Jones 12-inch Figures Dr. Rene Belloq 12-inch Figure - Indiana Jones - Sideshow Ex (Just want the base)

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Iron Man MARK III 12-inch Figure (use rewards points of him $114.oo USD + Shipping!

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Lost Predator 14-inch Fully Poseable Model Kit - Predator (Might cancel this one)

Star Wars 12-inch Figures Darth Vader - Episode IV 12-inch Figure (Will cancel if the Waitlist goes through)

G.I. Joe Collectibles Cobra Commander 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Ex

Star Wars 12-inch Figures Rebel Fleet Trooper 12-inch Figure (Might Cancel)

Star Wars 12-inch Figures Stormtrooper 12-inch Figure

Bigshot Toyworks - World War Robot Collectibles - Bertie - Desert Combat

Bowen Designs - Marvel Collectibles Faux Bronze Captain America Statue (Waitlist)

Medicom Toy RAH - Sweeney Todd Collectibles Sweeney Todd RAH 12-inch Figure

Terminator 2 - T-800 Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust - Combat Version - Final Flex-Pay instalment on the 20th of August! Woot!!!:joy

G.I. Joe Collectibles Snake-Eyes 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Ex

Indiana Jones 12-inch Figures Indiana Jones 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' - Sideshow Ex

Marvel 'Iron Man' Collectibles FLEXPAY - Iron Man Life-size Bust Sitting on the fence with this... I'd love to get it but the space and cost is a bit concern)

The Lord of the Rings 12-inch Figures Gandalf the Grey 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Ex

Hot Toys Dark Knight 12-inch Figures - Batman (Begins Suit, TDK Suit), The Joker, Tumbler & Bat-Pod - All paid for already! :joy

I'm thinking about cancelling the Iron Man bust, I really want it, but I'd have to reduce my current collection, with the Tumble coming in, as I'll need more space with 2 such massive pieces in the collection...

I really want both and am trying to figure out which one or items, overall, I want in my entire collection. That's all was the problem though with this hobby isn't it? Also There is how the collection looks, I hate clutter and I want to have a neat collection. So we'll see.

Geez Grange you're certainly a man of all tastes! The wallet must feel it.:(

I collect SSC Starwars and i have 2 LOTR figures....I also collect Hasbro and GG SW stuff,have amassed a HUGE army of SW collectibles and Autographs.I have been collecting since i was 4 from the vintage SW stuff my family had bought/given to me etc etc til the death of SW in 85 and then its resurrection in 91 with the Zahn trilogy of novels and subsequent stuff to this day,and then the modern age figures to the BMF and Legacy figures wave #2.Alas,my room cant hold out much longer,and at the ripe old age of 32 i can feel SW drawing to a close....Once i get thru the animated series and then the live action series im sure i will call it a day,although SW lives for ever,and with possibly my first child on the way next March,I guess i will pass it on thru them and see SW in a different light...my latest addition to the collection and definately NON SW-hot toys 12inch Joker,coming this week.pics to be posted then ;)

MTFBWY.....Always

Well, I think I'll more than likely drop the Joe's and I think I may drop my LoTR figures as they line is taking too long and seems to be dying off... I may sell my PoTC line bar Jack Sparrow and bring the Star Was line back to lead/on the poster characters. I'm at a bit of crossroad with my collection. I love the figures I have, but I have too many now and I'm starting to get into art figures like the Bertie Bots (designed by Australian Ashley Wood) & Winson Creations Apexlorers etc. I want to bring down my collection and just work with a couple of great unique items that aren't so over baring. As much as I love my collection, I sometime feel swapped by it.

What do you guys reckon?

well I guess I ll chime in :)
I am born and raised Aussie though moved to Canada for about 5 years ( toronto ) then moved down to Dallas Texas U.S.A for 4 years after that and about a year ago now moved back to Brisbane ..
though got to say the cost of everything was such a shock I will more than likely be heading back to the states when my kids are old enough to travel in a year or so .
that beeing said I do love the good old sun burnt country ..
actually my wife and i have a favourite quote when anything happens ..good or bad
" laugh and think that this is australia " you know the song :)

:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ML9h3I5Uktw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ML9h3I5Uktw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Off Topic:
Melbourne Australian Based Star Wars Fans - Free tix to see Clone Wars tonight!!!

Hey Guys,

This really isn't any of my mates thing. Thus, I have 1 share ticket to a special preview of the new movie tonight at 6:15at the Rivoli Cinema in Hawthorne. I'm without a date... :(

Anyone who wants to come with me let me know asap... First in best dress!!!

This will be my first internet meet up... Feels weird! :lol

PS: This is not a joke.

PM me and I send you my mobile number so we can arrange everything...

kool theres a thread for aussies

well im from newcastle, i dont really collect...yet. I'm planning to start off with the joker and move on from there, all i gotta do now is wait for it now

kool theres a thread for aussies

well im from newcastle, i dont really collect...yet. I'm planning to start off with the joker and move on from there, all i gotta do now is wait for it now

Ok guys so i got my HT joker today which i bought of eBay, this is my first figure. Now i have a question (assuming that you have been collecting for more then 10 minutes like me) who do you purchase from, both in Australia and Internationally? i would like to expand on my collection. eBay is good for figures that are currently released, but who do you make pre orders with?

Last edited:
That would depend on what you decide you want to collect. More information is needed. Did you read grange's post? Looks like he be selling a heap much whompum soonly.

Seeing as you're light on disclosure, my advice is to save save save, because there is more out there than you will be able to afford. Best way to save is not spend. Like grange and myself, we have more stuff than you could poke a stick at, and selling is the hardest part of collecting, especially in Australia where the market is so small. Why? Because most collectors in Australia buy what they want and so they'll most likely already have anything you want to sell. So figure out what it is you want and focus on that, like grange said, or before you know it you'll be swamped, like grange and me.

Oh yeah, being a member here can add to your woes. You'll get caught up in the waves and get dragged along.

Iv updated the front Page with the latest details from our members. ill update it when i get the chance with new info. if theirs anyone else be sure to let me know so i can add them. ill update the map be i get the will power

Ok guys so i got my HT joker today which i bought of eBay, this is my first figure. Now i have a question (assuming that you have been collecting for more then 10 minutes like me) who do you purchase from, both in Australia and Internationally? i would like to expand on my collection. eBay is good for figures that are currently released, but who do you make pre orders with?

wow u got ur HT joker...omg! im still waiting for mine:banghead

we should list Australian online stores for Collectables

What like i did on pg 3 :monkey5 and somehow i moved back to Syd but thats :cool: that will do.:lol

Was thinking of starting a thread for Aussie Freaks in the dealers section so we can list who we use or look at when considering buying from over here.What do u guys think?

Here's a few

www.Kollectablekaos.com.au
www.Globalgear.com.au
www.Justcollectables.com.au

All Melbourne based except kollectable kaos thats in Adelaide. Highly recomend Global gear great variety
of stuff and excellent customer service.

Oh... Global gear is having a 25% to 50% discount on all stock excluding pre-orders.

Stopped into 2 of the Kaos stores earlier this year whilst visiting my wife's relatives in Adelaide.

Last edited:
Back