Who is Marmit and what does he do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 stormies and a Boba Fett. They are really my favorites, they look like little people in costumes, really well made. If you look around you can get a deal here and there.

Marmit are in scale with SSC figures and are EXCELLENT! Here is a page to look at and cry over at the offerings that were in development at Marmit before Hasbro killed the line:

https://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cdt96010/marmit-vader.htm

marmit-vader1.jpg

Marmit are in scale with SSC figures and are EXCELLENT! Here is a page to look at and cry over at the offerings that were in development at Marmit before Hasbro killed the line:

https://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cdt96010/marmit-vader.htm

marmit-vader1.jpg

:drool

That Vader looks so good. I wonder who has that? I'm sure a master exists somewhere.....as far the Spacetrooper goes, they are not EU and were actually in ANH. During the scene where the falcon is being pulled into the Death Star,you can actually see them standing outside the bay looking at the Falcon!

That Vader still gives me chills - considering that would have hit years before Medicoms....you can see that is has the size to it - still look great

Marmit got has far as advertising the black pauldron Sandtrooper - it was in ads showing off the other two as well...

Is it just me, or does the Spacetrooper helmet look a tad different than the general release Stormie?

I see they were prepared to milk the Sandtrooper wave with all the different weapons...first release should have had the cannon

It is unfortunate... I think there was some pressure from the US side of Hasbro to kill the line, at least that's what I've heard in the past.

Damn shame as these figures really hold up great and Vader would have been super kickass to own.

Really... I never knew that those guys were different, that's pretty cool.

Yeah, I was surprised the first time I saw it too. Here's a really bad screen grab(best I can do right now). You can tell that they are different and can see the backpack and hoses to the masks. I'm sure someone could get a better grab.
SPACETROOPER.png
[/IMG]

Here is a picture from the actual set.
stormtrooperjetpack.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd not seen the Marmit Spacetrooper before.. it would be rad if someone would work up a conversion kit for the SSC Stormtrooper.

Incidentally, Hasbro just put out a Spacetrooper in its 4" line.

I have Marmit Fett, he's one of the best things in my collection.
Looked really good next to my Legends In 3D Fett bust.
Can't wait to move so I can put all of the Fett collection out again...

The rest of the Marmit stuff looks really good, but it was, and still is, a bit too expensive for me :(

Cheers,
Doug

Yeah, I was surprised the first time I saw it too. Here's a really bad screen grab(best I can do right now). You can tell that they are different and can see the backpack and hoses to the masks. I'm sure someone could get a better grab.
SPACETROOPER.png
[/IMG]

Here is a picture from the actual set.
stormtrooperjetpack.jpg
[/IMG]

Man that is cool, thanks for posting those! I'd be down for a Spacetrooper variant from Sideshow :rock :rock :rock

Like medicom, marmit is a hit or miss sort of thing. Some people may like it, some people may prefer medi, or SS. I'll be picking up the SS stormy and just the medi fett. I could live with a slight height inaccuracy.

Hope you guys get some good bargain with me out of the bidding competition.

Anyone here own the jango fett 12" hasbro model kit? Thoughts and comments, anyone?

Man that is cool, thanks for posting those! I'd be down for a Spacetrooper variant from Sideshow :rock :rock :rock
i just got the Hasbro one. it even has the actor's head from that pic.
HAS16399.jpg

Anyone here own the jango fett 12" hasbro model kit? Thoughts and comments, anyone?
i had it. it's pretty awesome for a Hasbro figure. can't touch the Medicom one, though.
the only reason i didn't get the Medi one is because he only comes with the Boba rocketpack instead of the cool jetpack.

Every so often Hasbro does something fun like that... very impressive they'd bother to sculpt that guys likeness.

Back