• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Who do we contact about scammers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danielbrittian251 and jale PM?d me about a post I did in WTB section. They both said they had the item I was looking for, but they wanted to communicate through email or wanted my phone number to communicate through text. Both joined just a few days ago.

I've tried contacting admins about scammers, but they did nothing. Let me know if you have any luck, it is the wild, wild, west on these boards.

I was contacted by this loser (posted this on 12/25/21 and reported but nothing was done as usual):

I was contacted by "salemvktechlnc" and he is a scammer. Guys beware. Here is a thread talking about him. I've included his phone # he is using too.

251-824-0477

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...(s)?p=14360742

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1680287

I've reported him so we will see if the admins do anything.

This guy tried to scam me as well, replied to my want to buy post.

No it?s not the 1st time I?ve seen a PayPal address that?s different than the user. As I stated that?s not a big deal, however when you add that with the constant lies and excuses that would be a clue. It doesn?t take much to add up all the crap. initially he didn?t want to use PayPal but I insisted, once he agreed to that, he wanted to use F&f I insisted on paying for goods and services. After multiple delays and excuses over a 4 day period he took the stance that he wouldn?t provide the tracking number unless I had PayPal relieve the payment. Heres the order of deceit that he gave me. He shipped the figure and asked me to have the payment released. I asked for a tracking number and he refused to provide one. He went from supposedly shipping on UPS (stated they were closed on the weekend) to USPS(stated they could not ship the item) to FedEx (stated he shipped but unable to provide me with a tracking number). I have a FedEx account and anything that is shipped to my address automatically sends me a notification. This was a scam from jump. Theres more than enough here to report him as a scammer. Along with a slew of garbage emails. In those emails we agreed that when I paid he would ship the same day. I paid him for the general Grievous figure on early Thursday morning and he still hadn?t shipped it on Tuesday. Hopefully that makes a lol more sense.

I posted a WTB last month and I was contacted by Jake7 and salemvktechlnc

Both wanted to take the dealings off the site to either text or personal email.

Alot of red flags popped for me on Jake 7. His account was created same day I put the post up. He jumped at my first counter offer, He didn't want to use Paypal, when I held my ground he gave me a Paypal address with a totally different name, I asked for a pic of the figure with a note showing my name and the date, and the guy ghosted after that.

Salem had a new account (Sept 2020) wanted my cell number so we could text, I don't give out my cell number like that, I explained it to him and he begged for me to give him a chance, saying he doesn't know how to post pics on this forum. I stopped replying to him at that point.

No real place to get anything done about it.Negative and Neutral Feedback Thread Read Before Buying is the only place I have posted about Scammers.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105821

jake7 Tried to Scam me in the Wanted To Buy Thread.I posted about that.And just Today danielbrittian251 tried to contact me.These Guys joined within the last Month or so have no Posts and no Rep.
There are more listed in the thread link I posted here.And you can add to it with a Post.

I have been contacted by almost every account mentioned here on my WTB ad, it struck me as odd that all the people who replied had 0 feedback, 0 posts and brand new memberships.. Glad I checked here first, a shame that I might have to turn to eBay to buy the figure.
-Sean

I had a couple January 2021 members contact me about my WTB thread. One wanted to do the deal by phone and another posted a random pic of the figure I was after as if it were his own. Both scammers.

Posted a want to buy Hot Toys Alita figure yesterday and was contacted by Jale (joined 1-11-2021) Danielbrittian251 (joined 1-06-2021) and Jameandran (joined 01-20-2021). I asked all 3 to send me a photo of Alita, which jale and jameandran did. Shortly after I asked them if they had the brown shipper box and they both replied yes. I then asked both to send me a photo of Alita standing next to the brown shipper box.................... it's been silence since then.

It's hard to find a Hot Toys figure photographed in front of the brown shipper box on google images :nana:

Jameandran and williamsjame9999 are the ones that contacted me. Jameandrand has really been getting around it looks like. :lol

I completely understand why the FB group BST only allows sales posts with a note of the seller’s name and current date by the item now.

I have been compiling all the names of the scammers on this thread
so far I have

jake7
BenjaminRoberts
omidzargandeh
porterchris2345
Terry Adasin
lovatoadams
austenalex788
salemvktechlnc
Jake Russ
danielbrittian251
Omid Zargandeh
Jale
Jameandran

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238819

7 of these people contacted me about my WTB ThreeZero Heisenberg post, I didn't get contacted by a single person who wasn't on this list in fact.
Very discouraging.
-Sean

Back