Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters
I enjoyed it when it came out. I thought TLJ played Two Face completely wrong--he was just playing the Joker v2.0. A serious Two-Face would have been a perfect counter-balance to the hyperactive Riddler. I though Carrey was pretty good. I liked the little touches that Nygma idolized Wayne. And I though the action sequences were pretty good, wall-climbing Batmobile notwithstanding. But I didn't like the climax. I didn't really like how the plane and boat both got destroyed so quickly, and I didn't like how the sonar suit seemed to be specifically made to deal with his confrontation with Riddler (the back-up experimental suit he's had laying around just happens to be exactly what he needs when he confronts the Riddler in this spontaneous last stand?!?). I thought Kilmer was good in the role and was at first disappointed that he didnt' stick around for the next one. But after seeing B&R, he dodged a bullet!

I must also say that I never really liked Batman 89. I was overall meh about it, but thought the Joker was spot on. I was in HS at the time it came out and was really looking forward to it. But I was sadly disappointed. And I absolutely abhorred Batman Returns. I came *this* close to walking out of the theater when Wayne did the scratchy thing on the CD. I liked Catwoman and her interaction with Batman, but the rest was just too silly and dopey.

So Batman Forever was definitely a step up from Returns for me.

Great video, great track, pretty much sums up the GOOD elements of the movie. :goodpost:

Yep there was a time when clips where made creatively and artistically ... AND F__G INSANELY!!! :FREAK:

The last album didn't have much going for it but they have a lot of classics alright.

True.
Although this is the natural principle when it comes to almost all legendary bands.
The time spares no one and nothing :monkey2

I'm sure they'll pump out a few more good songs but their best is behind them. Not that thats such a terrible thing, as with any band, we'll always have the greats.

I loved 'No Line on the Horizon":dunno

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_oKwnkYFsiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wanted to but there was just nothing that hooked me. I can't remember any....wait I just remembered the gist of Get on your Boots....but I don't particularly like that one. Nothing else is coming to mind from that album though.

Sorry about the Off topic.

I really thought this movie sucked. Not only did I dislike the designs but the story seemed like it was too far a leap from what was already done with the first two movies. I only count the Keaton movies...the others are null and void.

Batman Forever & Batman Robin = Robocop II & III

IMHO

I really don't count the Keaton movies. Everything that isn't Nolan or post-90's animation gets filed under 60's tv show and other junk.

Summer of '95 was awesome... pure Batmania, it was awesome. I saw Forever opening day and loved it and i still love it now.

To me, though it's not my favourite Batman movie, it is still the most comic book of all the Batman movies and it still looks great today, especially on blu-ray.

I'm surprised so many dig this according to the poll. I tried watching it again a couple months ago and just couldn't sit thru it.

Maybe the teenage me liked it. Can't fully remember but if it did I wish I could travel back in time and slap my young self in the head and call myself stupid if that is the case.

I'm with you, the poll results were totally a surprise to me.

I think it's because they're anonymous :lol Guilty pleasure film...

Seriously though, I loved Kilmer as Bruce Wayne and Batman. More than Bale, and almost as much as Keaton.

i actually grew up watching this. i have the absolute fondest memories as a 8 year old of LOOVING this movie and watching along with batman 1 and 2 a zillion times.

i cant believe im actually showing this, but this is how obsessed i was with batman forever and batman in general.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yep, thats me and my sis, 8 years old, lovin batman. dont know why i was in my sis's room though lol, i just found this the other day, and what a throwback! i had both this poster and the symbol question mark one, all the toys, the videogames, the Forever t shirts, it was bat mania when i was a kid. so i will probably always love the film, as silly as it is, its really just a fun action movie and i hate that it gets lumped with B&R when its actually really good, good action scenes, fun villians, cool batman (though kilmer is certainly no keaton). and also, here is a link to my soon-to-be batsuit that i am beginning to construct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtAe_pg___k

yes, that is the "panther" suit from batman forever, nipples aside this was always my favorite suit visually and im buying it from this seller! i am so excited, i have been wanting a real batsuit my whole life! and this is the starting point. ive been working on my ghostbuster outfit for the last year, not its time for batman.

the part that still makes me laugh as an adult is when riddler says "if you kill him, he wont learn nothing" then they both do this "HA.....HAHAHAHAHAHA", its just so funny, i dont know why!

Last edited:
Back