Whip Handle Position on the PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the thumb is touching the leg, pressing the satchel tight against it, and the index and middle finger are about 1/16" away from the leg.

I just got off the phone with Sideshow, and the rep told me the way they make the polystone a bit more flexible, is to warm it up with a hair dryer on low heat. I'm thinking maybe I'll give it a shot, but if it doesn't budge, I'm not forcing it. Right now, the most I can get it to move away is about 3/32". So, I'd hate to snap the arm off, only to find out they don't have a replacement for me. Man, I sure picked the right screenname, lol.
Mike

Yep, the thumb is touching the leg, pressing the satchel tight against it, and the index and middle finger are about 1/16" away from the leg.

I just got off the phone with Sideshow, and the rep told me the way they make the polystone a bit more flexible, is to warm it up with a hair dryer on low heat. I'm thinking maybe I'll give it a shot, but if it doesn't budge, I'm not forcing it. Right now, the most I can get it to move away is about 3/32". So, I'd hate to snap the arm off, only to find out they don't have a replacement for me. Man, I sure picked the right screenname, lol.
Mike

Here's hoping the hairdryer thing works! But if it doesn't, did they give you the option of replacement?

Here's hoping the hairdryer thing works! But if it doesn't, did they give you the option of replacement?

They did indeed, but since it is past their 30 day return policy, I'll have to eat shipping costs to them. I guess it's better than nothing.
I'm going to give it a go this weekend, see how it turns out. What would have been cool, is if they alllowed the whip to hang from his whip holder as an option. That would have looked really cool as well.
Mike

Well, I tried the heasting method, but instead of a hair drier, I used a space heater. I just took Indy off the pedestal, and exposed his shoulder(which BTW, was not seated all the way, hence the closeness to the leg,..but I digress) to the heater. After a few minutes, it didn't seem like the thing would move at all, but it did. I got the whip in his hand, handle forward, and it looks fantastic. It actually looks more natural with his hand close to the leg, with his whip resting against his pant leg.

100_1504.jpg

100_1503.jpg

I also darkened the crappy greenish-brown bag strap with some Pecards Brown leather lotion, and it looks 200% better. Now if I could just get his jacket to lay down on his left chest. It sticks out way too far.
Mike

Not too shabby. Now, if I could just

Very nice! Glad you were able to keep your number. And Indy does look very natural holding the whip by his side.

I've got the same greenish satchel strap, so I may have to try something similar to what you did.

Yes, it was very easy to do. I just used a Q-tip to apply it, and then rubbed it in with my fingers to evenly distribute it. Now it's nice and dark,.....not quite as dark as Indy, lol,...but the right color for an Indy bag strap.

100_1505.jpg

Mike

BTW, Speaking of Indy's color, who can point me in the direction of a repaint artist who is doing these?

Back