Which version of Night of the Living dead is best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the 1990 NOTLD compare in terms of gore levels to Romero's Dawn and Day?

I love me some guts! :lecture

Ironically, the B&W version is gorier. They actually show the zombies eating guts in close-ups whereas the same scene in the remake is shadowed by a flaming gas pump in the background. So being that Dawn and Day are much more gory than their predecessor, you can put two and two together.

They are both good, but I PREFER Tony Todd's version of "Ben" and the film's version of "Cooper" over the original.

Either one is great. Can't go wrong.

You know I love em' both but the remake (90's vers) is one of the few remakes I think is just as good (if not slightly better) than the original.

I didn't know how it got to be public domain so I appreciated the re-telling.

It was already stated. They wanted Night of the Fleasheaters but that was already taken. So they had to recut the title sequences and credits with the change to Night of the Living Dead. When that was done, the editor forgot the copyright so thieving bastards the world over exploited it. End of story.

Seeing we're in a zombie mood, what is your top 5 zombie movies?

Mine would be, in no order (can't decide :) ):

1. Return of the Living Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
4. Shaun of the Dead.
5. Braindead

Seeing we're in a zombie mood, what is your top 5 zombie movies?

Mine would be, in no order (can't decide :) ):

1. Return of the Living Dead
2. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
4. Shaun of the Dead.
5. Braindead

Already a thread about that. ;)

The '90s one sort of lacks the social commentary of Romero's original. But if you're just watching for good old fashioned zombie fun you really can't miss with either.

The '90s one sort of lacks the social commentary of Romero's original. But if you're just watching for good old fashioned zombie fun you really can't miss with either.

I thought it did fairly well. Sure it doesn't touch on the whole segregation issue, but it goes much further into the personalities of the individuals and instead focused on the issue of social impotence.

Personally, I prefer the original B&W.

The 90s was a good remake and I enjoyed it ( even considering I walked in with the intent of being critical of my favorite horror movie, maybe even movie period everbeing remade),

But the original black and white is perfection from the music to the cinemotography to the acting. I highly recommend the original (the grittier quality version, not the remastered black and white version).

And for those who havent seen "The Last Man on Earth" based on" I am Legend" starring Vincent Price, I highly recommend seeing it. You can see how much Romero was influenced not only by the story I am Legend but by this movie as well.

The original 1968 version was by far the superior version. I didn't care much for the new opening it had.

I think the original is a fantastic film in itself, but I gotta say I love the updated 90's version. I thought that was a fantastic remake...thats just me though.

Back