Which trilogy is better: LORD THE RINGS or Star Wars OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoTR or SWOT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does take a higher and cultured mind to fully enjoy lord of the rings

The great thing about star wars is that it can be enjoy from babies to grandparents

I had a hard time following what was actually happening in LOTR half the time, so it must be OT for me - lower and uncultured mind and all. :lecture

LOTR are better films because of their depth and story line.

Not sure if it’s fair to compare these two film series. Two different genre’s, sci-if and fantasy.

The current state of Star Wars films may also have effect on the polling too, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are some parts of star wars that are a little cliche and some parts are a little boring.
the movies drag a little.
I can say the same about "Two Towers" and "Return of the King" tho. :lol

the third movie of LoTR is amazing and the best one
"Felloship" is the best, my boy. No one can dispute that.

It does take a higher and cultured mind to fully enjoy lord of the rings
My love for LoTR started with the the first film, when I was 13 years old.
Which is a year after I saw and loved my first Star Wars movie, TPM. :dunno

That said, I'm a huge fan of SWOT and it has had a much bigger and longer lasting impact.
Personal, maybe.
LoTR had a higher cultural and ecomoical impact.

The LOTR Trilogy is adaptation of a book...
Star Wars is one man's imagination realized direct to movie...
Imagination that is a mishmash of ideas and visuals taken directly from US pulp comics and serials, plus classic Kurosawa films. :wink1:

I can't remember the last time I whipped out the LOTR blurays.
I was watching Empire last night.
Not saying much.
I don't rewatch great movies more than once in three years.
I rewatch trash flicks often, to relax my mind. Like chewing bubblegum when hungry.

the Dark Knight Trilogy!
Well, I think most of us here can at the very least agree that this statement is... just laughable. :D

I love both but I definitely enjoy LotR more. The three original movies are perhaps my favorite films of all time......until the dark times, until the Hobbit.

Apples and oranges comparison, but personally it's the OT Star Wars. I'm more nostalgic for it, and though they were strongly influenced by Akira Kurosawa films, they were pretty dang original. LOTR is mostly original in its use of visual effects. The historical impact on film of Star Wars is also much stronger of course, including its impact on popular culture. As is its impact on the collectible world. Not sure this forum ever comes to exist without Star Wars.

But I love Lord of the Rings. The sentimentality is a bit much at times, and the ending of the last one drags on and on. But its the epitome of an epic fantasy story. And technically there's not much to fault.

Been thinking hard about this... Which is better... LOTR or SWOT trilogy...

I guess the right answer is actually simple: the Dark Knight Trilogy!

I’d go with the Godfather trilogy even though the third movie wasn’t as good.

Oh god... one of my most reviled films. No wonder you like all the repeats and voice-overs in LOTR. Dune is the KING of that ****.

Character: The spice.

VO: The spice.

Character: Is there a connection?

VO: A connection.

:lol :rotfl

I've said before that I've always found Lynch's Dune weirdly fascinating (in a good way) but yeah you nailed it. Even as a 10 year old watching it in the theater in 1984 I remember thinking "why are they always whispering when they talk to themselves in their head, it's not like anyone can hear them," lol.

Back