Which trilogy is better: LORD THE RINGS or Star Wars OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoTR or SWOT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh god... one of my most reviled films.
I thought you meant "on paper", because paper is made of celluloid. :lol
Guess you meant film and I just never heard of the phrase before.

Yes, the book series is the best of the best of sci-fi.
David Lynch's "Dune" is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Guess I'm going to go with SWOT since I have not seen a single LOTR film. Not one.
You shoudn't vote then.

As much as i enjoy pirates. As beautiful as pirates movies are

Lord of the rings is more epic and more mysticaland just more engaging.

The characters have more weight. The plot is more urgent.

Good question!

Fellowship - A
Two Towers - A minus
Return of King - A (although I could have done without the last 10-15 minutes).

New Hope - A
Empire - A++ (one of the best ever)
Return of Jedi - B minus (good movie, but have to down grade for lame Boba Fett death (or maybe not?) and Ewoks).

Personally, I give the slight edge to LoTR when evaluating the trilogies as a whole. That said, I'm a huge fan of SWOT and it has had a much bigger and longer lasting impact.

LOTR cause it actually end... The star wars just keeps going and going and going, and the fan boys just eat it up like they can do no wrong...lol

It does take a higher and cultured mind to fully enjoy lord of the rings

The great thing about star wars is that it can be enjoy from babies to grandparents

It does take a higher and cultured mind to fully enjoy lord of the rings

The great thing about star wars is that it can be enjoy from babies to grandparents

:rotfl

Dark Messiah Redemption Story (In Space!) > HBO's **** & Dragons > Harry Potter (The Cursed Child!) > Glorified Fairy Tale/New Zealand's Tourism Department Ads. :monkey3

1510095905956.jpg

I love LOTR but against the OT? Really? I can't remember the last time I whipped out the LOTR blurays. I was watching Empire last night.

I love LOTR but against the OT? Really? I can't remember the last time I whipped out the LOTR blurays. I was watching Empire last night.

I can say the same thing about Star Wars though. I have the extended box set of the LOTR and I don't have any of the Star Wars movies. If I'm channel surfing and I come across LOTR I will watch it. Not true of Star Wars for me.

Back