Which PSP Games do you Recommend ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
I have:

Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Patapon

will get:

Final Fantasy Dissidia

any recommendation? I like role playing games and puzzles but open to anything.

You can download Classic PSone games for it, I have Resident Evil and Metal Gear for mine.

Grand Theft Auto - Liberty City Stories is awesome and I used to play the hell out of Hot Shots Golf.

If you like Patapon you have to get Patapon 2. It's like Patapon x100. Also, off the top of my head I'd recommend MGS: Portable Ops, GoW: Chains of Olympus and the Monster Hunter games are fun. And I'll go ahead and recommend MGS: Peace Walker even though it's not out yet. I think it's a safe bet it'll be good.

I know there's other stuff I could recommend, but all of my games are packed up, and I can't remember everything I have. But like Ill said, you can get PS1 games too, so grab the original MGS.
________
Breakup Advice Advice

Last edited:
will get:

Final Fantasy Dissidia
any recommendation? I like role playing games and puzzles but open to anything.
this will start nicely... i have and LOVE:
Star Ocean : First Departure
Lumines --great puzzle game!!!
Metal Gear Solid : Portable Ops
God of War : Chains of Olympus (great game, even if you've never played the other games in the series)
Castlevania

Heres my list of recommendations although i haven't played psp in a while but the following games i own and know to be the best games for psp.

- Metal gear solid - portable ops
- star wars the force unleashed :emperor
- Ace combat X: skies of deception: Jet fighters on psp in realistic environments(older game but still the best on psp)
- God of War: chains of olympus
- Resistance retribution
- Burnout legends
- virtua tennis 3
- Medal of honor: heroes
- Tekken: dark resurection
- Crisis core: final fantasy VII
- Star wars Battlefront: Renegade squadron (best game online for psp gets insanely funny on planet hoth with lots of players online)
- Killzone: Liberation
- Symphon filter: Logans shadow

All the best games on the psp but if i had a personal choice out of these excellent games they would be

Gods of war
Resistance retribution
Killzone liberation
Ace combat x: skies of deception
Final fantasy
Tekken dark resurection
and star wars battlefront
oh yes and a recent japanese import game mobile gundam which is the best graphical game ive seen on the psp.

Last edited:
Get FF7 from the PS store and check out MGS portable ops I play both of them on a daily basis.

My friend is a PSP nut and he was talking about, Disgaea 2. Seems alot of PSP owners who like RPGs are talking about it.

He also mentioned the Monster Hunter games. But I already knew that series is very popular. I think it's the #1 series of PSP games in Japan.

god of war
resistance (great if you have a ps3 as well as they can connect)
monster hunter freedom 2 unite
final fantasy crisis core
Patapon (fantastic fun)
mlb the show 08 (don't have 09 because 08 was so good)
joan of arc (great roleplay for less $)
burnout

Thanks for all the suggestions :rock :rock

So far, I think I will be checking out God OF War and Resistance. Saw these 2 yesterday for good price.

I'll also check out the others when time permits.

My friend is a PSP nut and he was talking about, Disgaea 2. Seems alot of PSP owners who like RPGs are talking about it.

I played the first Disgaea on PS2, and it was fantastic. Tried Disgaea 2, but didn't get too far into it. Seemed like it was about the same though. I'd recommend at least trying 2 out based just on how much fun I had with the first one.
________
Vaporite Solo Vaporizer

Last edited:
I agree with all the suggestions. Also recommend Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, even if you have the original PS1 version, and Jeanne D'Arc. Both are great strategy based games.

Don't have a PSP but I played the hell out of my friend's when he was living with me. MGS: Portable Ops, God of War: Chains of Olympus and the GTA games were by far the best imho.

definately God of War ...

GTA is fun to play too !
I've played hours and hours straight, haha

Personally, I found God of War to be way shorter than I expected. I didn't find much replay value in it either.

The game that sucked the most time out of me was definitely Monster Hunter Freedom 2/Unite. There is just this great sense of accomplishment as you hunt down bigger monsters and build bigger and cooler weapons/armor from gathering their materials. This game is even better if you have friends who play. However, it doesnt appeal to everyone because it does start out quite slowly, has a very steep learning curve, and the difficulty does get very hard. Give Monster Hunter a try if you have a chance, you hopefully wont regret it :D

I honestly and passionately hate that Final Fantasy Tactics game. Utter crap, I tell ya! I'm not even pass level one yet and I got frustrated already!:doh....

anyway, I totally recommend Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles and X-Men Legends II. I know they're at least a few years old but I always find myself playing both these games when I'm bored.....the loading time can be a bi+ch, though!

Yeah i agree final fantasy is a great game in terms of graphics but if your not into role playing games you'll get really bored of it really fast.

The best game i think for just all out fun on the psp is star wars battlefront. When you go online with it you get some insanely funny things happening. You can battle on so many different planets in so many modes using any character(even darth himself) from the star wars series or any vehicle including the at at walker or any starship(falcon also). Can't tell how funny it is to be in an AT-AT walker and just laying waste to dozens of online players in at-st walkers or just players running around the place. My advice is pick it up if you can find it.

Back