Which one of you did this?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yogie Bear said:
they were gionfg to gamble whether I was there or not so someone is going to take their money it might as well be me.

I'm not taking sides on this debate, but dude, you're not helping your argument at all. :peace

lcummins said:
I'm not taking sides on this debate, but dude, you're not helping your argument at all. :peace

LOL I hear what you are saying but you are missing my point. My actions (of gambling with them) did not impact on them at all, however charging such a high price is likely to impact hugely on the buyer.

For instance if their were 100 people selling for $1000 and you listed for $1000. Your decision to list for that amount will have no impact on the buyer therefore I have no problem with that. In all fairness to greedo at least his is a good $500 below what the other is asking

Cheers

I'd imagine someone who doesn't shop around and know the real prices of things, most likely values their time over money and it's worth it to them to "see it, buy it" rather than put in the work to find a deal.

Yogie Bear said:
It is my understanding that a 100% mark up would be OK. However anything more than $500 is rediculous and just plain mean. You are taking advantage of those that are not quite right upstairs.

Actually just to be 100% accurate here, a 100% markup would be $598 since the exclusive retailed for $299.

I honestly don't see your comparison as a valid argument to prove your point either. I mean the buyer is not being forced to spend this much for the piece. They can certainly do a general search for the exclusive Han on eBay and either choose the cheapest, choose the one from who they feel is the most reliable seller, or simply wait and see if they can get it cheaper later. How is any seller taking advantage of someone?

I do not see any issue with sellers pricing their product
at high prices. The buyer is responsible for doing the homework
on what the going price is for this stuff.

Hmmm

There is nothing wrong with trying to sell your item for top dollar. Supply and Demand will dictate what these things sell for. :peace

Last edited:
Gondor59 said:
The is nothing wrong with trying to sell your item for top dollar. Supply and Demand will dictate what these things sell for. :peace

This is very true, but I still don't get the argument about doing this being morally wrong, but winning money at poker from degenerate gamblers & old folks is OK?

Mebbe I'm just a tad dim :confused::confused:

TC

TolkienCollector said:
This is very true, but I still don't get the argument about doing this being morally wrong, but winning money at poker from degenerate gamblers & old folks is OK?

:mwaha

Yeah, to add to that point, someone dropping $800 on an exclusive Han ain't exactly hurting for money if you get my meaning.

You make it sound like he's stealing food out of the mouths of starving children. Most statue collectors are well off enough financially that they can afford to get into this expensive hobby. I believe that if you took a cross-section of this board, you would find that many of us are doing pretty well for ourselves.

elwood49 said:
The original poster definitely needs to leave Greedo alone. The guy is one of the best sellers around, and I'll always contact him when I need some rare SW items.

Thanks for the kind words Matt :D

I just wanted to say, Truthfully, That I only ordered 2 of these. I wish I ordered more :banghead and this is my last one. The other I did sell for $800 and it did sell on eBay.

I just said I ordered more to try and stir the pot a little :angelsmil For funzies :naughty

Greedo, you scamp! Good luck selling your Han, I have a feeling the exclusive will be very sought after when all is said and done. And if that's the case, I may sell my exclusive and buy the regular version to help finance some of my SS purchases. And if I thought I could sell him for $800, I would do that very thing! :D

Back