Action Figure Which one do you like better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixth_sith

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I have been battling this Dutch problem for a little while...

I set out about 4 months ago to create the ultimate Dutch figure...

Take a look at these 2 and tell me which you like better, what you'd change, like, dislike...

dutches1.jpg

dutches2.jpg

dutches3.jpg

dutches4.jpg

dutches5.jpg

dutches6.jpg

dutches7.jpg

dutches8.jpg

THanks!

I like the right one.
Somehow Terminator 2 Hot Toys body doesnt go that well with Dutch clothes.

FYI: Both of those are HT Dutch bodies. Though it looks like one might've been the Chris Redfield re-use of the Dutch bod.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the only reason the one on the right is taller is because he has real feet inside of leather boots with rubber soles vs. sculpted boots with a peg socket.

FYI: Both of those are HT Dutch bodies. Though it looks like one might've been the Chris Redfield re-use of the Dutch bod.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the only reason the one on the right is taller is because he has real feet inside of leather boots with rubber soles vs. sculpted boots with a peg socket.

Dude, nice EYE! yes that is redfield on the right and his skin tone matches almost perfectly...

the one on the right also has taller ankles along with real feet (another good guess)

If you want to replace the molded Dutch boots with real lace ups here's some:

https://www.toyanxiety.com/platoonsgtbarnes-bootsincludesballjoints.aspx

Also, you have the watch on the right wrist when it should be on the left.

hmm interesting, here I thought that Hot toys was being cheap and reusing the dutch boots for Barnes... didn't know they were laced! nice.

These feet do seem too small and skinny for Arny though... The ACI boots I have on the right seem about right for scale... the T-800 boots for the T-1 are rediculously large

I don't quite get it, if you already had what looks like a complete stock version of the HT Dutch what were you trying to customise here? Obviously I think you should keep all the HT Dutch parts together, they are more accurate.

I don't quite get it, if you already had what looks like a complete stock version of the HT Dutch what were you trying to customise here? Obviously I think you should keep all the HT Dutch parts together, they are more accurate.

Long story short - I wanted to avoid buying a Dutch for $400. So I put together the other one with vietnam gunner, chris redfield, t-800 head which I figured I would paint the camo on, and 10th mountain us army pants. It just didn't do it so I cracked and bought Dutch. Now I have a lot of parts to mix.

What I can't stand on the Dutch is the long sleeve shape coat, skinny legs, small boots, plus the skin tone of the body doesn't match the head as good as the redfield body does.

Both of these figures have the added thigh muscles from hot toys... Anyways I'm leaning on dressing all the Dutch Clothes on the redfield body and keeping the ACI boots and that should do it I think.

Long story short - I wanted to avoid buying a Dutch for $400. So I put together the other one with vietnam gunner, chris redfield, t-800 head which I figured I would paint the camo on, and 10th mountain us army pants. It just didn't do it so I cracked and bought Dutch. Now I have a lot of parts to mix.

What I can't stand on the Dutch is the long sleeve shape coat, skinny legs, small boots, plus the skin tone of the body doesn't match the head as good as the redfield body does.

Both of these figures have the added thigh muscles from hot toys... Anyways I'm leaning on dressing all the Dutch Clothes on the redfield body and keeping the ACI boots and that should do it I think.

I'd put Dutch back together and save the other stuff for another Schwarzenegger bash. Nobody's done Eraser yet and the black gear he has on in the beginning is pretty friggin' awesome!

I'd put Dutch back together and save the other stuff for another Schwarzenegger bash. Nobody's done Eraser yet and the black gear he has on in the beginning is pretty friggin' awesome!

Thanks for the insperation on the Eraser... I have it started but need to get some new gear for him...

I think I'm going to settle on this Dutch. The neck thing bothers me too much with this sculpt. (neck is too long) but with a collar is alright.

What do you guys think? I just don't like the factory dutch coat or neck which is what I think I fixed...

eraser.jpg

eraser2.jpg

dutch2.jpg

dutch3.jpg

dutch4.jpg

You might wanna just pick up Dutch's shirt. He looks better with it on and it'll keep the dust off the rubber body. If you're dead set on showing off the body, just pull the spacer out of the head. The head'll sit on the neck better afterwards. Can't wait to see what you do with Eraser. :lol

Back