Which of these bloodsuckers do you think has the nastiest bite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these bloodsuckers do you think has the nastiest bite?

• Total voters
ha, true to your name, Intruder04, this thread got the nasty
Haha....what do you mean? :dunno

I've never been bitten by a leech but I can imagine its pretty disgusting!
I've never been bit by one either but it bit my aunt once and she said it was hardly noticeable until she saw it. The wound wasn't too big although it was bleeding long after we'd got it off.

I woke up one night to a sting on my inner upper leg one night near my woohoo it's was a tick, nasty little sucker
More naughty than nasty :naughty

The answer is none. Most ppl don't even know a tick has bitten them. Wasp, Spiders, Jelly Fish, Electric Eels... are the real annoying bitters.
I was talking only about blood feeding parasites.

my ex....
Umm....you need therapy J.

And me too! :lecture

For some reason i though this would be a movie vampire poll :lol
Go ahead.

Ticks are the worst because they can give you diseases.
Most of these other pests can too.

I was going by the nature of the bite itself. Ticks burrow and anchor themselves in your skin. Then they bloat. Then they fall off, leaving a hole. So utterly disgusting that anything short of bot fly larvae cannot touch it.

Although, I have no real idea what Mr.Green is talking about. (Then again, I usually don't.) If I knew I think ticks might fall to second place.
I think that botflies get the top honors cuz what they do is pretty scary and terrible.

Horseflies. I hate those damn things.

but I think u should add fly, biting fly that is. they're no ordinary fly.
I should probably add flies to the list too. How do I edit the poll?

a $20 hooker/prostitute
Ok, now I really need to edit the poll :D

Ticks will embed themselves in worse places than genitals. They like it where it's dark and warm. If they can find it, they'll hole up (all puns intended) as deep as they can.

one time I went with my ex to the woods for a walk, and our shoes and socks were full of ticks, it freaked me out. She kept saying they wouldn't do anything to us.

they were also really hard to kill, i tried killing them but I couldn't. Had to burn my shoes.

You have a much bigger chance of getting something really nasty, like lime disease, from a tick.
Well, mosquitoes spread malaria and dengue fever and I'm sure the others too carry some sorta disease causing pathogens.

Unless you live where malaria was never eradicated because the hippies banned DDT to save the mosquito.
Although I hate chemical pesticides and I'm not a hippie, I think that certain situations do advocate their use.

one time I went with my ex to the woods for a walk, and our shoes and socks were full of ticks, it freaked me out. She kept saying they wouldn't do anything to us.

they were also really hard to kill, i tried killing them but I couldn't. Had to burn my shoes.
You did the right thing. These things need to be burned. Crisis averted.

So, what happened after that? :naughty

you have to let them fill up with blood first. Then they're easy to pop :lecture

ticks_1_big.jpg

Excluding disease, I would have to say chiggers are the worst. I've had just about everything on me. Want to watch grown men cry? Watch them scratch their legs open and pour bleach in the wounds. :horror:monkey2

It ****ing hurts!

And before some smart *** asks why bleach, it's all we had.

For me, ticks are bad mainly due to Lyme disease. The bites themselves don't bother me nearly as much as mosquitoes, which are the worst. I think I'm somewhat allergic to them. Plus, the diseases they spread kill way more people than the rest of the critters on the list combined!

However, not mentioned on the list were no-see-ums (sand flies, sand fleas) which may be the most godawful creature to walk god's green earth.

Back