1/6 Which of these 4 iron man figures are the best:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about the mark 50, but the articulation looks very limited. What do you guys think? Also may have to get that infinity war war machine, it’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the mark 50, but the articulation looks very limited. What do you guys think? Also may have to get that infinity war war machine, it’s beautiful.

The Mark 50 is going to be an epic release. Articulation should be on par with other IM releases.

My opinion....
Between the IV and the VI being almost identical, the VI would win out based on features. The battle damaged options of Iron Man II or the Reindeer Games look of The Avengers would be where I would base my opinion on which look do I prefer.
Between the VI and the VII I would lean toward the VII, again, based on features. The original Mk VII was the pinnacle figure in it's time. The feature options were outstanding. Three different shoulder options, three different thigh options, 2 chest options, (new, BD, and torso thruster plates on or off) and varying combinations of all of these make it a winner in my book. It was also the first suit to have the thruster on the back freeing up his hands and was the first figure to have proper repulsor palms. (bent wrists)
My order of ascension would be:
Mk XLIII
Mk IV
Mk VI
Mk VII
I do own the first three and the Mk VII is on order. I have the original Mk VII in all it's variant forms. Mk VII, Battle Damage, Steath, Sub Zero, XXI Midas. They can make that figure in any color they want and I'll buy it. If they make a brown one, I'll slap a UPS logo sticker on it and have it delivered to Tony Stank himself.

It also depends on what kind of display you want as well because from personal experience, it's very, very easy to fall down the rabbit hole.

I currently have the VI DC, 45, and 46. I plan on getting the 50, 85, and VII. I may consider a III if they make a new one in the future, and will get the Mk I 3.0 when they inevitably make one. That would more or less cover the entirety of his design changes from Iron Man to Endgame for me.

With the figures currently available, if you are open to having a sort of evolutionary display, you could get the IV, the 43, and the 50 that shows the phases he's been through. ie. the bulky mechanical look with the IV, the industrial look with the 43, and the organic look of the 50.

But if you absolutely can only have one, I stand by getting the IV now and deciding on keeping or selling it when the VII comes out.

And just to reiterate:

Some folks keep mentioning the VI. I do not recommend buying the figure you posted a picture of because it's just a re-release of a much older plastic figure: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vi-hot-toys-902901

Any glowing reviews of the VI are of this figure - the Diecast version - which is sold out: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vi-hot-toys-902815

I think he's trying to decide between the Iron Man figures that are currently available. So keep in mind that the Mk VI pictured here is the reissue of the older plastic Mk VI and not the sold out Diecast one, which are vastly different figures.

If you could absolutely only have one, I would pick the Mk VII Diecast. But as others have said, we don't know how good the final product will be. Though I can't imagine it'll be a problem as their Diecast Iron Man figures tend to be solid releases for the most part.

I love the Mk 42 Diecast but it's a bit undersized. The plastic VI is definitely not worth it because it's a very old figure that's dated in design and scale.

I'm going to personally recommend getting the Mk IV Diecast now while you still can. Don't hesitate on it. Just do it. Because the prices will skyrocket once it's sold out. The figure itself is pretty close to perfect, and the design is a timeless representation of the MCU as a whole despite not being quite as iconic as the VII.

If you decide you would rather have the VII after in-hand impressions are out, you can sell the IV and get your money back or more.

I agree with Myen Shi, the OP is clearly trying to decide which figure to purchase from what's available - although the MKII is also still available as is the MK 46 in the form of the anniversary edition.

That would be my choice - the 10 anniversary edition. I've got the Mark 46 and it's a very solid figure. Of course we don't know what the Mark VII DC will be like, as has been stated.

I only started collecting last year but passed on a mint-in-box MK43 because of it being an older figure with a visible screw on the back etc.. I bought the the Mark VI, which is also a good figure but doesn't have the iconic circular arc reactor.

Of the 9 IM figures I now have my favourites are the MK45 and the Retro sneaky - because they look so fantastic - but it's personal.

I only have the die cast Mark 6, but really like it. The triangle on the chest piece really ties the figure together.

Back