which military figure does everyone want to be next

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which figure should be first for Imperial Militaries 1/6 line?

• Scout Trooper

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Snowtrooper

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Stormtrooper

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Tie Pilot

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Death Satr Trooper

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ROTJ was Lucas at his premeditated Kenner licensing finest. Who could possibly take Sy Snoodles as anything but an inanimate toy anyway? Ewoks were begging to become plush toys. It was a muppet movie with special effects. After seeing ESB and waiting in line 3 hours when this originally came out, I was monumentally disappointed. I've learned to love it with time, but still feel it was by far the weakest of the first 3. The merchandising possibilities are endless though.

jlcmsu said:
Cause it's part of SW. :confused:

Right. But there are, of course, 5 other films... at least 2 of which are arguably better.

Seriously... think about how many of the announced/released figures are from ROTJ. So far, only one of the OT 12" figures is is from either ANH or TESB versus something like NINE from ROTJ. They seem overfly fixated on what is ironically considered the weakest film in the OT. It's weird.

Let's have some figures from ANH and TESB already, for crying out loud. And yes, I know "they are coming"... but we're being drenched in ROTJ. I'd like to see more balance. So far, the 12" line product road map seems as if it was created by someone who's bipolar. :monkey1

It's all good with me. They're figures from the Saga. So I'll take them as they come.

I hear ya. But if we get something like a freakin' Joh Yowza figure before some good characters from ANH and TESB I'm gonna head to SSC headquarters and throw down like only an Irishman can. :maul

Somehow, I never like how the Death Star Gunner looks like......the over-sized black helmet looks weird.......everytime I see the Death Star Gunner on screen, I can't help laughing!:lol

IrishJedi said:
I hear ya. But if we get something like a freakin' Joh Yowza figure before some good characters from ANH and TESB I'm gonna head to SSC headquarters and throw down like only an Irishman can. :maul

:lol :lol I hear ya.

My favorite Trooper would have to be the AT-AT Driver and since he wasn't on the list I'll be the only one to vote TIE Fighter Pilot. They are close enough....:D

Definitely would love to see a Stormie next... however. With the armor issue present I imagine our next military will be a rebel. Maybe an X-wing pilot or Hoth could be in the works. I think some pilots would be pretty darn cool.

The TIE Pilot has minimal Armor, so I could them easing into the Armor treatments that way.

customizerwannabe said:
ROTJ was Lucas at his premeditated Kenner licensing finest. Who could possibly take Sy Snoodles as anything but an inanimate toy anyway? Ewoks were begging to become plush toys. It was a muppet movie with special effects. After seeing ESB and waiting in line 3 hours when this originally came out, I was monumentally disappointed. I've learned to love it with time, but still feel it was by far the weakest of the first 3. The merchandising possibilities are endless though.

Just imagine what the movie could have been if the end originally took place on Kashyyk and the Ewoks were in fact Wookies--- and not the teddy bear incarnation. Jar Jar and Ewoks are always sour points for me. As far as the question at hand--- it has to be the Stormtroopers from ANH. Everyone needs two of them standing on either side of an imposing Vader with the white walls of the Tantive IV hallway behind and the blasted door imemdiately behind. (Maybe a couple Hasbro 12" Stormies lying dead on their faces). That would be the ultimate 12" diorama.

View attachment 2286

Since the troopers are probably a little further away than some other things, I'd love to get Tarkin and Piett in the Military line. It would be cool to see Sideshow "build-up" to fully armored figures throughout the course of a year, though, like starting with a Tie pilot, gunner or AT-AT driver, with more limited armored pieces and then moving onto Stormtroopers and the derivations from there, like snowtroopers, sandtroopers, etc.

A Death Star gunner might not be too far off since they have a limited amount of armor... compared to the trooprers at least.

Somehow I don't really understand all that "SST is waiting to do armor" line of thought.
Kenner did it, Hasbro did it, Marmit did it, Medicom did it.
With varying degrees of success, but SST has a wealth of examples to look into.
We're not talking medieval chain-link and complicated plate armor...

A lot of people misunderstood this poll. I did not include Tarkin because he is a pivotal character rather than just a soldier. The poll is aimed only at soldiers of the Empire.

Back