Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back at the first pages of this thread saddens me. So many lists... nothing fulfilled of them.

I'm personally very disappointed with the company Sideshow, for one have lost all my respect.

I have become a fool, they promised us that they would end the Company of the Ring in the maquette line and has not been, very naive on my part because it trusts Sideshow, I bet very strong for the maquette line and have bought everything released in such line, but no doubt from now and looketh not with the same eyes, I feel cheated.

Now I will focus on the merchandise that will draw on the company Weta LOTR and the Hobbit, with them I feel more respected.

I agree with you

Sideshow is not brave because he tells the truth and collectors of this line?

The abandoned because it is not profitable, because they can continue to draw on this scale but to say something, I think that the people who have placed their trust in them deserve a clear answer once and for all.

More than a year without any response is time, if they treat their customers is not worth it back to put our trust in them.

Another event and this time was 12 days, and you return to LOTR treatment as null license.

Collecting any lines is risky with Sideshow. You always run the risk of characters that you want not being made before the license runs out. Not only that but the nature of Sideshow dicatates that they keep things fresh and much like comic books, they release an exciting new line every once in a while so new people can jump in.

Looking back on this line, Sideshow should have released all Fellowship characters in their standard outfits. No bad guys. No Arwen. No armored Boromir. No nonsense.

Sideshow of course will do what they want. The LOTR PF line has been taken over by bad guys/orcs/etc. They could have done the Fellowship for the maquettes and everyone would have loved it. Instead they mislead you that there is a rich and diverse roster of characters because the line will go on for a while, right? Ultimately they should know better: LOTR is not a hot license that is particularly current. Anticipate lukewarm sales for the maquettes but make it your priority to release that Fellowship that you won't do in premium format.

Someone who apparently works for SS posted this on another forum regarding the lack of LOTR and Hobbit stuff:

Originally Posted by Igo View Post
And LOTR is a difficult one man, we had a huge commitment to the original polystone line we resurrected a few years ago (most of which I designed and was very proud of being a part of) and we designed a lot more but unfortunately it's a unique license with Weta's involvement but thankfully they stay int he 1:6 line (like our polystone, not so much our PF) and they've been taking it on and expanding it with the Hobbit, hoping to see more from them too.

But yah, we have a lot designed for LOTR, whether or not a lot of it becomes actual product is still a bit up in the air. Again, it's tricky and unique, it isnt dead and we arnt as gung-ho with it as we used to want or were allowed to be.

Somebody in this forum has spoken about a prologue Elf maquette that apparently was made but never released. I would LOVE to see that in production!

even the most bad *** pieces made from SS have struggled to sell in the lotr line. Don't know why, that's just the way it is.

Someone who apparently works for SS posted this on another forum regarding the lack of LOTR and Hobbit stuff:

Originally Posted by Igo View Post
And LOTR is a difficult one man, we had a huge commitment to the original polystone line we resurrected a few years ago (most of which I designed and was very proud of being a part of) and we designed a lot more but unfortunately it's a unique license with Weta's involvement but thankfully they stay int he 1:6 line (like our polystone, not so much our PF) and they've been taking it on and expanding it with the Hobbit, hoping to see more from them too.

But yah, we have a lot designed for LOTR, whether or not a lot of it becomes actual product is still a bit up in the air. Again, it's tricky and unique, it isnt dead and we arnt as gung-ho with it as we used to want or were allowed to be.

It would be very frustrating to Merry and Pippin finally maquette were not released to the market, many collectors would not return to LOTR Sideshow trust.

And Sideshow communication with your customers is deplorable, have not shown his face in this thread to give appropriate explanations, they were also asked on their facebook and do not deign to answer.

Bumping this thread to see if there is a feeling that there is the slightest glimmer of hope that the belief of the Fellowship in maquette line that I believed so wholeheartedly, will be fullfilled? :-(

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Hi SSAlex,

Do you have more projects for the Lord of the Rings license?
I'm not in the know about any future projects for The Lord of the Rings.

And the Hobbit? Please Thank you.
I have 0 Hobbit news. Sorry.

0 + 0 = a whole lot of nothing. My guess is that they lost the license, 1/6 and PF. Either way, the lines are dead.

Last edited:
I was really hoping for the Lurtz Maquette that was teased a couple years ago, but it looks like that ship's sailed. At the rate SS was moving with the LOTR line, you'd probably need the life-span of an elf to live long enough before they got to it anyway.:lol Weta will most likely tackle an armored Lurtz eventually.:pray:

Back