Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seen a few custom PFs with that pose, you could always do one too. I like the regular pose enough so I never did it to mine, but the ones I saw turned out great.

Would have preferred the out-streched arm pose on the PF but I really don't mind the existing one. After I received my Ex, I came really close to snagging a Regular while they were still in stock. I never did because I realized that I wouldn't be able to justify breaking apart a brand new statue. The Morgul Lord PF was already a good deal @ $299 by todays PF prices (especially given how big he is) and I ended up getting mine for $265 with reward points.:yess:

Seen a few custom PFs with that pose, you could always do one too. I like the regular pose enough so I never did it to mine, but the ones I saw turned out great.

If I'm ever lucky enough to acquire that amazing Morgul Lord PF I, like you, would be happy enough with the pose that Sideshow chose. But I'm sure that Weta will give us the outstretched arms pose at some point.

I'd also like to see a decent sized Morgul Lord on Fell Beast statue (at least 1/6th scale) in the same pose as NAZGUL-KING's fantastic signature. "This is my hour!". I love that scene. :)

I'd also like to see a decent sized Morgul Lord on Fell Beast statue (at least 1/6th scale) in the same pose as NAZGUL-KING's fantastic signature. "This is my hour!". I love that scene. :)

That would be an awesome, dream LOTR statue. However I doubt SS or Weta will be brave enough to produce something like that. Well, we can always hope...

Well over on weta they were saying SS wont be doing any more LOTR stuff, it dead, looks like they lost the license, we may never even see saruman anymore

Well over on weta they were saying SS wont be doing any more LOTR stuff, it dead, looks like they lost the license, we may never even see saruman anymore

I'm not sure if Weta's license will stop the Saruman PF. It seems that the most recent announcement about Saruman was made well after the license acquisition.

I'm not sure if Weta's license will stop the Saruman PF. It seems that the most recent announcement about Saruman was made well after the license acquisition.

what was the recent announcement on saruman?

Weta don't make 1/4 scale mixed media statues and hence have no such license. It's SS that have the "PF" license, so the only thing that will stop the Saruman PF or any other PF's for that matter is Sideshow.

Weta don't make 1/4 scale mixed media statues and hence have no such license. It's SS that have the "PF" license, so the only thing that will stop the Saruman PF or any other PF's for that matter is Sideshow.

That's basically where I was going with my comment - the Weta license does not stop SS from carrying on with PFs.

Edit: I just saw the image below for the first time, but looks like it's been common knowledge for a while. I don't get much board time these days.

350x350-300105saruman-preview-th.jpg

Last edited:

So the Fellowship can never be collected for the maquettes since they never got around to Merry and Pippin?

I'm extremely irritated by that. I might just sell off Boromir and Frodo/Sam. Really irritating to have bought them and then Sideshow starts doing other characters instead of finishing the Fellowship when that was the original specific intent they wanted to be sure they did. :(

Glad I got the four TMNT. No plans to get on board another line from Sideshow again. Maybe I'll find one final statue to buy since I have all those points from the LotR and Turtles line....unless those expire. I haven't thought to check!

If Weta does a 1/6 Butterbur L/E 500 I would buy that in a heartbeat. I actually forgot about him..LOL. He's got to be handing out a pint though

I wish Sideshow hadn't abounded this line. They are my favorite Sideshow statues hands down. I'm still looking for Aragorn and the Ringwraith exclusives since I got into collecting them late

Back