Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm concentrating all firepower on Weta now. SS can stick it till they show me something. Roger, over and out.

It's a shame if they are going to really stop making 1:6 LOTR maquettes anymore, especially when almost all of us were waiting for Merry & Pippin and new Lurtz statues..

I'm concentrating all firepower on Weta now. SS can stick it till they show me something. Roger, over and out.

Similar feelings....love WETA's new products so time for a change!!! Got $130 in reward points with SS, will wait and see what comes out at the end of the month and use them up. The change in the 1/6th licence is a good move, now perhaps we will see what has been overdue for a long time......already looking good with the Thranduil statue, ready to order that right now!

If they abandon LOTR,then I will tell them how unhappy I am.

That they don't even consider how much people genuinely LOVE LOTR MORE THAN ANY OTHER STUPID FLASH-IN-THE-PAN MOVIES AND LOTR DOES NOT DESERVE THIS KIND OF TREATMENT.

It literally sickens me how they have neglected this license while SW and Marvel fans get a seemingly never-ending stream of stuff to get excited about...they don't seem to realise that some of us COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT SW OR MARVEL,OR PREDATOR OR TERMINATOR OR ALIEN ETC.....Those are all movies I love but THEY ARE NOT LOTR!!!!!!

I ONLY order LOTR from SS,so they will lose my buisness and I will be very happy to tell them that....however not before I tell them what their selfish buisness decisions do to their loyal,paying customers who deserve respect because they help KEEP YOU IN BUISNESS.

If they do drop LOTR it will be a very sad day for me personally,as for the most part it will be the end of this great hobby for me...as I don't really care for WETA's statue output(really don't like their bases)and I'm mainly a PF collector.

Let's wait and see what happens over the next few weeks....

Whoah calm down there.... these are only collectibles, they didn't murder your family. Perspective, people...

That's a shame you can't appreciate a sculpt or a character just because of what they're standing on. And actually as we've seen, alot more statues do have a bit more of a base on them - Azog, Tauriel, Radagast... if anything a black base let's you focus more on the actual character and is a bit more classical.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did i say? I can't see what you've edited from my post? I don't think i said anything wrong?

You didn't. I edited part of what you quoted. I didn't see that post earlier and wanted to tone down the first part. It was a little aggressive.

I know and believe me there isn't anyone more bummed than me. I'll be first in line for Weta's stuff for sure. :rock

I think it's just disappointment and frustration showing. I know how that is. :(

What is more frustration because of Sideshow absolute silence, not wanting to give appropriate explanations to people asking her, shows some things.

I'm disappointing a lot with Sideshow Collectibles.

How do you guys think this will effect the secondary market prices for the maquettes? I am looking to sell my Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas exclusives to focus more on WETA's new offerings but don't want to take a loss... Am I crazy to put them up on Ebay right now? :dunno

How do you guys think this will effect the secondary market prices for the maquettes? I am looking to sell my Aragorn, Gandalf and Legolas exclusives to focus more on WETA's new offerings but don't want to take a loss... Am I crazy to put them up on Ebay right now? :dunno

And what about the promise of Sideshow that would end in this line for the first time the Community?

I noticed that on the Facebook are asking them about the maquette line but do not answer anything, that lack of seriousness.

If eventually stop Sideshow maquette line, all of Middle-earth collectors take this into account for future lines, I personally do not know if I will put my trust in this company if this is official.

I certainly don't wish to offend anyone on this forum (which is made up of some pretty damn cool people imo) with my comments...I'm just venting I guess,but I make no apologies for being angry,because the way SS treat this license and it's loyal fans is disgusting and disrespectful quite frankly .

I certainly don't wish to offend anyone on this forum (which is made up of some pretty damn cool people imo) with my comments...I'm just venting I guess,but I make no apologies for being angry,because the way SS treat this license and it's loyal fans is disgusting and disrespectful quite frankly .

You have nothing to apologize about. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of some SS PF pieces and collect the Weta 1/6 pieces

I totally understand being upset. I am so very bummed but we have to choose our words better. Some of your comments come off wrong and will get you in trouble. There is no need for that as you add some good stuff to the discussion. Voice your displeasure just becareful.

I totally understand being upset. I am so very bummed but we have to choose our words better. Some of your comments come off wrong and will get you in trouble. There is no need for that as you add some good stuff to the discussion. Voice your displeasure just becareful.

No worries,I hear ya buddy :peace

Back