Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping for the best at SDCC that's all. LOTR was one time king now its DC and Marvel taking priority

SS has not done what they could do in regards to many who collect ME. I would have more respect for them if they didn't tease us with anything at all then tell us they are going to do this and that. Hobbit lic? Don't see anything. They could have made a killing creating the fellowship as both PF and Maquette. Still not done.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Took the words right out of my mouth buddy.

Josh with all due respect, I think that I have not disrespected anybody I said just what I see.

Weta forum I have the nick of Goldring, and in this forum too have been critical of them on occasion and never edited a message moderation.

I only said that they were told two years or so ago in a video that his priority was to end the Company, and given this they have not done what they said in that video.

Calling them liars when that's not the case isn't respectful. That's what I deleted. I left the rest of your message. I'd do the same if you said something about Weta without any proof.

I have read all the messages and I really haven't seen accusations...I think that are just opinions (very justified opinions, I think).

I deleted it. You won't see it now.

Josh all due respect this is not some liberal PC "everything is gonna be ok crap/ be nice" stuff here. SS has not done what they could do in regards to many who collect ME. I would have more respect for them if they didn't tease us with anything at all then tell us they are going to do this and that. Hobbit lic? Don't see anything. They could have made a killing creating the fellowship as both PF and Maquette. Still not done. Basically don't bash the basher Josh if the gripe is totally legitimate. They ain't kids(I think)

I have left every message that's been posted and I've only taken out what amount to threats or accusations. I do expect people to voice their issues like civil/mature adults. I don't care if English is your first or second language. I do care that you voice your displeasure like a civil/respectful/mature individual. I'm not sure where you think I bashed anyone, but that has not and will not happen. However, I will hold anyone in this section to not be kids but adults with their displeasure be it with Sideshow, Weta, GG, etc. The companies aren't kids but they will react more favorably to well laid out adult complaints.

Last edited:
SS are just a very backward company,full stop.I mean,why even bother starting a PF line for LOTR if you're not going to AT LEAST FINISH THE FELLOWSHIP....I would rather they didn't start one at all rather than tease us with some awesome PF's,and then finish the line without a complete fellowship(if that's what they are gonna do,I'm only assuming that the "news" they have yet to announce is the M and P maquette,and the inaugral Hobbit piece).

Don't get me wrong,I'm totally in love with my DROM PF and I'm looking forward to Sauron immensely....however,I would gladly trade them BOTH for a complete Fellowship.

Calling them liars when that's not the case isn't respectful. That's what I deleted. I left the rest of your message. I'd do the same if you said something about Weta without any proof.

I deleted it. You won't see it now.

I have left every message that's been posted and I've only taken out what amount to threats or accusations. I do expect people to voice their issues like civil/mature adults. I don't care if English is your first or second language. I do care that you voice your displeasure like a civil/respectful/mature individual. I'm not sure where you think I bashed anyone, but that has not and will not happen. However, I will hold anyone in this section to not be kids but adults with their displeasure be it with Sideshow, Weta, GG, etc. The companies aren't kids but they will react more favorably to well laid out adult complaints.

Josh, this is a forum not the work place where you are the manager or some school teacher talking to a kid telling them how to talk. Sometimes you sound like Mr. Rogers defending ME and statue companies. How nice does one have to be while making a complaint. Let them rant as long as its legit. You absolutely refuse to say "you're right what they did is wrong" and try to keep yourself in the middle usually playing nice not saying anything negative about LOTR or SS. Basically Stop worrying about how companies will react to someone's complaints and stop telling folks how to talk. Just look at your posts Josh. C'mon man

Last edited:
Josh, this is a forum not the work place where you are the manager or some school teacher talking to a kid telling them how to talk. Sometimes you sound like Mr. Rogers defending ME and statue companies. How nice does one have to be while making a complaint. Let them rant as long as its legit. You absolutely refuse to say "you're right what they did is wrong" and try to keep yourself in the middle usually playing nice not saying anything negative about LOTR or SS

Doesn't matter if its a work place or a forum. People will conduct themselves a certain way. I let the complaints alone because they are legit with exception of a couple things I took out. So I do let them rant if its legit. As far as not saying anything negative that's not true.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if its a work place or a forum. People will conduct themselves a certain way. I left the complaints alone because they are legit with exception of a couple things I took out. So I do let them rant if its legit. As far as not saying anything negative that's not true.

It does matter Josh. Stop worrying about Sideshow and companies feelings and stop telling folks how to talk. It does matter. Unless you're mommy or daddy or the employer or a referee or teacher it does matter. How can you not see that?

Last edited:
As I said in another thread to a member who thought they could say what they wanted and how they wanted. You don't get to say what you want and how you want. As soon as you learn that the better you and the world will be. I will say one more time to make myself clear. People can rant and voice their complaints all day/night long as long as its done respectfully. That's all I'm saying. If someone has a problem with that I'm sorry.

Well I must say I'm impressed with Josh this answer.

I just said that I think they lied. Regarding his priority was to finish the company, It's the only thing I said, if you have felt offended by it, I apologize.

And I refer to the facts.

True enough! If SS really cares how we feel, they should have someone come and explain what their plans are. I think almost everyone here said they would no longer believe that the line would continue if nothing was shown at Comic-Con, and now that that is the case, I think our questioning of SS's commitment is more than legitimate. Like I said, if SS wants to put this to rest, they can tell us straight from the horse's mouth. I doubt they will, as it took them over a week to let us know not to expect anything in the first place, but ya never know! :lecture

Totally agree with you.

Thanks :duff as I've said I will leave civil and thought out complaints. Heck, I'll leave passionate ones like we see here as long as it doesn't cross a line.

Well, you did leave out the think part. It read as if you were calling them liars instead of stating you feel like they've lied. That I would have left.

And now Josh if I may I shot him a question, and I hope I will be as honest as possible.

You think this is an object that must be sent to a customer who has paid for it like new?

We facilitated three photos of my Witch King in spectral shape, I realized that I had sent this piece with the broken pieces glued with super glue.

You think, that so must send a piece to a collector, a serious company?

2ajx63q.jpg

2b9th4.jpg

2vnh27r.jpg

For these breaks have received from Sideshow 40 dollars.

I will not argue with you but I would like your opinion.

Adolfo I deleted your post. I'll send you a PM.

Gangrel, I wouldn't be pleased myself and would like a bit of a refund. I think due to how it looks fixed and the fact the statue itself is ok $40 works.

Adolfo I deleted your post. I'll send you a PM.

Gangrel, I wouldn't be pleased myself and would like a bit of a refund. I think due to how it looks fixed and the fact the statue itself is ok $40 works.

Ok Josh, thanks for your honesty.

I can understand that they arrived broken and they would fix it, but I find that damages should be painted so that the customer does not realize breaks, in my opinion it gives a bad image of enterprise and poor quality control.

But it is my humble opinion.

And thank you also for your support Ballder the truth that not mastered the English and try to communicate with you with a translator, sorry if more than once can not understand, I hope what I mean and I understand that there is no misunderstanding.

No problem. :duff

Yeah, I would want any item that came to a company broken fixed/painted as good as they could. So I'm agreement with you.

Not to throw fuel on the fire here, but SS's silence on all this is deafening. I mean, collectors who have dropped hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, on their products are legitimately worried about the future of their favourite lines, and the reps at SS have nothing to say to us? Seriously???? :mad:

Back