Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I tend to agree with you on most points...I actually like the Sideshow 1/6th statues a bit better than the Weta ones...but as technology and artistry has changed over the past 10 years or so, Weta may be able to generate some fantastic stuff...their environments are superb!

Weta has shown with their Hobbit stuff, current environments, and various other items how much they've improved. The stuff I've been getting is pretty darn fantastic. :rock

Weta'm sure you can do better than Sideshow.

First better quality controls, I prefer not to comment on what happened with my Witch King in its true form, it is regrettable to say the least.

Second listens to customers and makes you participate in surveys to know the popular opinion.

Third respond when there are problems, not the usual $ 40 Sideshow.

And fourth and most importantly make wonderful pieces, and given this piece as Balin, Bilbo, Gollum and wait for Comic Con I think this will teach large parts of Middle-earth, not as Sideshow.

I think pretty soon Weta will get back the 1/6 scale LOTR statue license. I think it's inevitable. They'll churn out Middle-Earth goodness for all for the rest of time and and shall be well.

That's all well and good if you're into 1/6,but I am mainly a PF collector,and therefore will DESPISE SS DEEPLY FOR THE REST OF TIME if they abandon the license...seriously,I will become a nightmare for them :devil

How hard can it be to JUST FINISH THE FELLOWSHIP :mad:

They've already done four...DO THE OTHERS :lecture

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to calm down a bit. I don't think we need to make comments about how we're going to be a nightmare for SS.

They will finish The Fellowship in the statue line but we may have to wait a bit longer. I hate waiting as much as anyone but getting upset isn't going to make things better. Respectful discourse will and other manners letting them know how badly we want these things.

Last edited:
I think we need to calm down a bit. I don't think we need to make comments about how we're going to be a nightmare for SS.

They will finish The Fellowship in the statue line but we may have to wait a bit longer. I hate waiting as much as anyone but getting upset isn't going to make things better. Respectful discourse will and other manners letting them know how badly we want these things.

I hear what you're saying Josh,I really do,but it's not like we haven't waited long enough is it??

Do fans of SW or MARVEL have to hang on for any tiny bit of information for A WHOLE YEAR???? NO.

I come home from work tonight to another pre-order email from SS FOR ANOTHER MARVEL PF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :gah: :gah: :gah:

Every email like this is just a slap in the face as far as I'm concerned.

I hear ya. Again, I don't like waiting. I've been collecting Middle-earth for a long time now and I love seeing new product come out from Sideshow, Weta, Gentle Giant, TBD, Asmus, etc. So imagine how much someone like myself must hate the waiting. Middle-earth is where it begins and ends with my collecting.

I think we all have a right to be upset with SS right now. Not only are they dissing us for Comic-Con, they also made no mention of LOTR in the 12 Days of Sideshow.

Just show us some concept art or answer a few Q/A's about the line for crying out loud. How hard can that possibly be???? :slap

Just show us some concept art or answer a few Q/A's about the line for crying out loud. How hard can that possibly be???? :slap

It's extremely hard to show anything when there is NOTHING TO SHOW! Sideshow isn't showing anything LOTR because they have nothing to show yet...we'll be good little sheep and wait until August..then they will tease some sketch art...then we'll wait another 3 months and sideshow will give us some teaser sculpt work...then we'll wait another 3 months for an announcement of impending release...then wait another couple months for the preorder...then wait another year for the production samples to be seen...then another couple months for a product to come in stock.

So...in early 2015, we may see some new LOTR product on their shelves.

That is my pessimistic view of things as they stand today...all the while Weta will continue to bring it and satisfy our thirst for Middle-earth. OBTW guitarmandan...these new announcements will be statues and NOT PFs.

Do I have that about right??

That's all well and good if you're into 1/6,but I am mainly a PF collector,and therefore will DESPISE SS DEEPLY FOR THE REST OF TIME if they abandon the license...seriously,I will become a nightmare for them :devil

How hard can it be to JUST FINISH THE FELLOWSHIP :mad:

They've already done four...DO THE OTHERS :lecture

buddy wake up....the fellowship (good guy) pf line is dead, has been dead for over a year. there is no chance - that's a zero - chance you will get the fellowship for pf.

i am still holding onto straws for merry & pippin for maquette, if sideshow doesnt give me i am going to email tom over and over and show him the video he made.

I just want merry and pippin....

So ready to close out Lotr license after that. One of the most frustrating experience, if the quality wasn't so good I would dumped this whole set a long time ago.

QFT :lecture

To think, it is near the middle (no pun intended) of The Hobbit trilogy, for which SS have some form of license. That they will display nothing new from Middle-Earth at what might be their showcase event for 2013 is... very strange indeed :(

buddy wake up....the fellowship (good guy) pf line is dead, has been dead for over a year. there is no chance - that's a zero - chance you will get the fellowship for pf.

i am still holding onto straws for merry & pippin for maquette, if sideshow doesnt give me i am going to email tom over and over and show him the video he made.

I'm already sick of having patience with Sideshow, they say things clear and not mislead collectors but Middle Earth and license selling Lord of the Rings at Weta.

Josh with all due respect, I think that I have not disrespected anybody I said just what I see.

Weta forum I have the nick of Goldring, and in this forum too have been critical of them on occasion and never edited a message moderation.

I only said that they were told two years or so ago in a video that his priority was to end the Company, and given this they have not done what they said in that video.

I have read all the messages and I really haven't seen accusations...I think that are just opinions (very justified opinions, I think).
And I agree that the respect it's the best way to do all the things, but it must been on the two directions and I haven't seen it on the Sideshow side to the LOTR collectors (for me, it's the information for the differents LOTR lines (7 months after the notice, we still don't know what type of item (PF, 1/6, maquette, diorama,..., they are going to do for the Hobbit line), answer to questions, peeks, good items, good packaging, good Customer service,...).
I really desagree with the Sideshow way of love to the LOTR line, but it's not a problem for me (and I just collect Middle Earth items). This is just a hobby and, if they don't want my money, there's a lot of companies (I'm thinking on WETA) that will take it.
Finally, I want to say that the english is not the main language for some of us, and it's possible that sometimes we make mistakes and the message can be 'stronger' or 'harder' than the same message in our original languages.

Last edited:

:hi5:

You REALLY should...SS deserve to see how their selfish and thoughtless actions effect us Middle-Earth fans,and they should face the consequences for snubbing us in favour of other licenses...that means there will be at least two of us being a thorn in their side then!

But in all seriousness,that is the part that bothers me the most,being snubbed for other licenses...I am DEEPLY in love with the Middle-Earth movies,they are more than just movies to me,I have a "LOTR-month" every single year where I watch the films constantly for that period of time...and each year it is even more magical and moving than the last...now I am a big fan of movies in general but no other films IN HISTORY have ever had this type of lasting effect on me...that is how much I love them and simply how amazing and powerful they are.

And this is why I'm so angry...to have what you regard as the greatest achievement in the history of film-making be shunned in favour of the latest flash-in-the-pan movie(which I'm sure is good,but no LOTR),or some comic book character,or ANOTHER SW collectible...

Sometimes wish I was as passionate about SW :(

Be happy with what we have already, but I 100% agree SS has not done their job in regards to LOTR/Hobbit. They could make a killing selling low L/E items of 1000 or less and sell out easily some characters like M&P or Saruman, Bilbo, Thorin, etc. But they don't. Weta has been superior now. Like most things in life it's wait and see.

QFT :lecture

To think, it is near the middle (no pun intended) of The Hobbit trilogy, for which SS have some form of license. That they will display nothing new from Middle-Earth at what might be their showcase event for 2013 is... very strange indeed :(

Strange yes and if you ask me also dumb

Josh all due respect this is not some liberal PC "everything is gonna be ok crap/ be nice" stuff here. SS has not done what they could do in regards to many who collect ME. I would have more respect for them if they didn't tease us with anything at all then tell us they are going to do this and that. Hobbit lic? Don't see anything. They could have made a killing creating the fellowship as both PF and Maquette. Still not done. Basically don't bash the basher Josh if the gripe is totally legitimate. They ain't kids(I think)

Josh all due respect this is not some liberal PC "everything is gonna be ok crap/ be nice" stuff here. SS has not done what they could do in regards to many who collect ME. I would have more respect for them if they didn't tease us with anything at all then tell us they are going to do this and that. Hobbit lic? Don't see anything. They could have made a killing creating the fellowship as both PF and Maquette. Still not done. Basically don't bash the basher Josh if the gripe is totally legitimate. They ain't kids(I think)

True enough! If SS really cares how we feel, they should have someone come and explain what their plans are. I think almost everyone here said they would no longer believe that the line would continue if nothing was shown at Comic-Con, and now that that is the case, I think our questioning of SS's commitment is more than legitimate. Like I said, if SS wants to put this to rest, they can tell us straight from the horse's mouth. I doubt they will, as it took them over a week to let us know not to expect anything in the first place, but ya never know! :lecture

Back