Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And while I am a pretty big Star Wars fan too, I see what you mean about that. We haven't seen anything new in years (on the big screen) yet there are still constant releases. I just think that is attributed to the incredibly vast and devoted fan base of Star Wars. For the record, LOTR is top of my list, but it's hard to argue LOTR having a bigger following than SW. Star Wars probably just sells much better.

i think you might be surprised by lotr fan numbers, the franchise has been around much longer, they are being taught in college for crying out loud. The lotr trilogy made ~$3billion while star wars prequel trilogy did $2.5billion, add in the fact that star war's root is its movie so pretty much anyone who is a fan saw it. Where as lotr is books, as such not everyone who is a fan of the book cares about the movies. Yes there are many people who are just book readers.

The only problem is most lotr fans dont collect dolls like we do. Where as the star war fans are 100% all about collecting replicas and statues. So the lotr statue market is only a tiny fraction of star wars, even though the franchise itself is just as big if not bigger than star wars. Of course that doesnt help us with the matter at hand..

ps i rewatched the original star war series in remastered 1080p bluray, and they are pretty awful by today's standard ( and not the special fx, those are actually still decent ) ..not what i remembered as a kid. :/ Of course i value my life too much to post that in the sw section... Still think those unique characters make cool statues though.

Last edited:
True that. You could label a pile of poop Vader or Yoda (they're in SW, right? ;)) and someone will buy it :lol

LOTR collectors have class and buy quality pieces, not anything and everything that is produced....ever.

Once The Hobbit gets closer this place will light up like a Christmas Tree and get busy again, we will all have Middle Earth fever again, I for one can't wait :rock
I need to see a Samwise Maq :rock :rock
x :peace

I look forward to this section being like it was a bit in the old days. Might even be able to get more folks to stick around and talk middle-earth with us.

True that. You could label a pile of poop Vader or Yoda (they're in SW, right? ;)) and someone will buy it :lol

LOTR collectors have class and buy quality pieces, not anything and everything that is produced....ever.

Once The Hobbit gets closer this place will light up like a Christmas Tree and get busy again, we will all have Middle Earth fever again, I for one can't wait :rock
I need to see a Samwise Maq :rock :rock
x :peace

:lol :yess:

Very nicely put Hun :lecture

Xx:wave

boys & girls, it's thursday again. However given this week is star war day. I give the chance of a lotr reveal at 0%.

So lets all hope for the r2&3po pf duo to be good, we definitely need more star war releases the last 3 weeks of nonstop sw figures & statues sure isnt enough. Even the lotr fanatic THE JOSH is buying up star wars statues now :thud:

I like star wars 2. Maul is my favorite character along with Obi-Wan so having a couple makes sense.

As far as getting a preview there is always a chance.

I don't care for Starwars, never liked it and it's much likely I never will.
But I don't think there are too many statue releases in this line.
Most new Starwars products are six scale figures, you can't compare that with real polystone statues.

I don't care for Starwars, never liked it and it's much likely I never will.
But I don't think there are too many statue releases in this line.
Most new Starwars products are six scale figures, you can't compare that with real polystone statues.

Star Wars collectors do have these to look forward to though Boromir. :wave

Screenshot2012-05-03at165030.png

They look so good, I'm nearly think of starting to collecting these myself. :lol

But my LOTR collection will always come first. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

While looking nice put together for this pic, these new SW statues have a far too big EU vibe for my liking. When it comes to Star Wars, it's OT or nothing for me.

Thank god, money saved for 3PO&R2 PF!:)

Or better yet, for more LotR items, like that certain dark rider I heard of...:nazgul:drool

Expanded Universe and Original Trilogy I guess.
(and no, I really never watched a single movie, it's just The Big Bang Theory knowledge)

Thought this was funny...

Collectors: "Knock-knock"

SS: "Who there's?"

Collectors: "LOTR maquette collectors."

SS: "Wrong address."

:rotfl

Someday will answer any questions from Sideshow maquette line, the wait is becoming eternal.

Hey guys!

First of all, I would like to apologize to all of you (Boromir, moderation and all the readers) for my yesterday's behaviour. I had a really bad day and I lost control here (this ain't a reason, I know). That is not my style, so I hope you'll forgive me.

Secondly and lastly, and returning to the aim of the thread, do you think that sideshow will bring some new maquettes to the Comic-con? Last year they showed us a good amount of statues, do you think this year will be the same?

Bad days happen so it's ok.

I do. I expect we will see a couple of new statues at comic-con along with some of the ones that are already out. I would be petty shocked if this didn't happen.

Back