Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
josh, all we want is a simple "it's been worked on", is that really so difficult? It's the complete silence after so many questions submitted by all that is driving everyone nuts, in all your replies you are never able to explain why sideshow cant just give us a simple 1 sentence update because you cant justify it yourself either.

if a maquette is indeed been worked on, i can almost guarantee sideshow would answered one of those questions by now, like they answered the lotr pf or all the other pieces that's been worked on/planned. The silence means they dont have anything in the works but also not sure what to do yet with this line. Because if they cancelled it for sure they would confirm it too, like all the retarded questions asking about stargates or ryan goslin crap.

So in the end i think it's logical to say there is nothing in the works but sideshow is also not completely abandoning this line..yet. They dont know themselves what to do right now, that's why the complete silence. This is not conspiracy, just a logical deduction...

Also arent you buddy with chicky, just ask her to look 1 thread down at here... :slap

I'd venture to guess they can't say this character or that character is coming next because I'm sure the licensor has some say in that. If WB says we've changed our mind we want someone else to come next.

I have sent my questions in about things. Heck, I asked on twitter the other day and was told something new would be riding in soon. Could be talking about the PF but might also be a new statue.

I'll start to worry if after the release of Boromir, we have no news, because then the last piece in this line we will see in August with the Witch King.

I think this month of May we should see things in LOTR, and we should see the Part Preorder last semester, I hope I was not wrong.

That if I think the maquette line is the only one who has not received any response on the website of Sideshow, I think that might reassure consumers by saying that we will see more releases soon.

Something else to think about sideshow usually has announced or at least previewed the comic-con ex by now. We've got nothing on those yet either. I guess what I'm getting at is things will be announced all in good time when it's announced. Worrying about things doesn't do any good. Patience and constructively letting them know we LOVE this line is the way to go.

The concern of many members in this thread is a sign that we love this line. With a response from them enough, I think they could tell whether this will see some Preorder Comic Con, that would be enough to reassure people.

One question, if you believe in this line represent the Balrog and the Cave Troll will do so in 1:6 scale?

Something else to think about sideshow usually has announced or at least previewed the comic-con ex by now. We've got nothing on those yet either. I guess what I'm getting at is things will be announced all in good time when it's announced. Worrying about things doesn't do any good. Patience and constructively letting them know we LOVE this line is the way to go.

If SS doesn't know how much we love this line by now, I don't know what it will take for them to see the light! :stick We've been plenty patient for months and I think all the questions we've submitted to Ask Sideshow were constructive enough... so it's about time we were rewarded with some news, don't you think!!!

I agree that worrying doesn't do any good - they either will or will not continue the line based on what makes sense for their business - but as their customers, they could at least throw us a bone if indeed they have plans to continue with the line. Not asking for much, just a simple acknowledgment that they hear us and are just as eager as we are to get on with things!!! Anyways, this is all I will be saying about this anymore until we get actual news, good or bad.

I think that both Balrog and Cave Troll at 1/6 scale would be huge! I mean, I'll love to see (and buy) a cave troll in 1/6 scale, but it would be enormous, if my estimate isn't wrong, it would be 66 cm (26") tall.

And I hava a question or all of you that have said that this line is dead. Why have they released characters like Arwen-who is so secondary, and like the Nazgul? If this line is dead, why have they started the bad-ass characters?

I think that both Balrog and Cave Troll at 1/6 scale would be huge! I mean, I'll love to see (and buy) a cave troll in 1/6 scale, but it would be enormous, if my estimate isn't wrong, it would be 66 cm (26") tall.

Would be two spectacular pieces on this scale, the height to me would not be a problem and would be with the larger size of the Balrog and the Cave.

I hope that if one day launch a Cave Troll do 1:6 scale, the Snow Troll clearly not on this scale, because that would be more impressive this 1:6 scale piece to exhibit alongside other maquettes.

I would think in May we will get some LOTR piece, as summer is dominated by SDCC reveals.

no chance.

May 4th is star war day which sideshow already promised many star war figures.

Then you have the avenger movie launch, so all the marvel pieces that got backed up by the star war day will be revealed.

Even if there is a lotr piece it will be the rwos pf.

Zero chance for maquette

Seems to me they have been releasing product and info close to something they can market it with. Star Wars with May the Fourth, and Avengers with the movie release. Releasing LOTR/Hobbit product right now is too early to grab the masses attention. I doubt we will get hit hard with LOTR product until closer the The Hobbit. Until then I imagine things stay relatively quite like it is now.

While I would like another maquette announcement, I can understand marketing techniques. You have to sell when it's in demand. While all of us around here count down the days to the next release, I doubt the majority of the 1000 or so who buy each of these does that. I have faith that we will see the maquette line grow stronger the closer we get the The Hobbit. Just my humble opinion with zero insight!

Seems to me they have been releasing product and info close to something they can market it with. Star Wars with May the Fourth, and Avengers with the movie release. Releasing LOTR/Hobbit product right now is too early to grab the masses attention. I doubt we will get hit hard with LOTR product until closer the The Hobbit. Until then I imagine things stay relatively quite like it is now.

While I would like another maquette announcement, I can understand marketing techniques. You have to sell when it's in demand. While all of us around here count down the days to the next release, I doubt the majority of the 1000 or so who buy each of these does that. I have faith that we will see the maquette line grow stronger the closer we get the The Hobbit. Just my humble opinion with zero insight!

I understand your explanation, BUT The Hobbit movie is not the Lord of the Ring movie. I mean, you are speaking about another license, and we still don't know If sideshow would have it...
Furthermore, we haven't seen Star Wars movies for years, and they keep releasing figures.

I think point he's making is the hobbit will cause some to want to get lotr items.

Yep, that is my thought, particularly with the hobbits. Seems a good time to release the hobbits is before The Hobbit. Heck, a good number of characters from LOTR will be back for The Hobbit. Although, only Frodo will be there from the four hobbits we are waiting on, so that kind of hurts my rational!

And while I am a pretty big Star Wars fan too, I see what you mean about that. We haven't seen anything new in years (on the big screen) yet there are still constant releases. I just think that is attributed to the incredibly vast and devoted fan base of Star Wars. For the record, LOTR is top of my list, but it's hard to argue LOTR having a bigger following than SW. Star Wars probably just sells much better.

I agree hobbit mania is going to help a lot. I do think we will see a statue fairly soon. The wait sucks that I agree with everyone on.

SW is nuts. I am a fan and collect stuff but people are just crazy over it and people buy stuff no matter what.

I agree hobbit mania is going to help a lot. I do think we will see a statue fairly soon. The wait sucks that I agree with everyone on.

SW is nuts. I am a fan and collect stuff but people are just crazy over it and people buy stuff no matter what.

True that. You could label a pile of poop Vader or Yoda (they're in SW, right? ;)) and someone will buy it :lol

LOTR collectors have class and buy quality pieces, not anything and everything that is produced....ever.

Once The Hobbit gets closer this place will light up like a Christmas Tree and get busy again, we will all have Middle Earth fever again, I for one can't wait :rock
I need to see a Samwise Maq :rock :rock
x :peace

Back