Which is the better 1/6 Predator: P1 or Classic from Predators?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the OG P1 and then bought the Classic. I overall prefer the look of the Classic... it's a later and better designed figure. But since it was missing some stuff to make it more accurate to the P1 I parted out the OG figure on eBay, but kept the necklaces, pouch and other bits needed to make it P1 specific.

When you see the two next to one another the OG really looks dated.

gga-1.jpg

:lecture :lecture :lol

Cool thing about it is I actually sold the remaining parts for quite a bit. So not only did I keep the bits I needed, but made over $100 what I originally paid for the OG Predator :lol :rock

I had the P1 at first as well and then got the Classic. Definitely prefer the Classic, especially after I added CREG Customs' conversion kit.
I'm actually currently selling the P1 for cheap in the FS section if anybody is interested.

Note that the Classic is still missing the necklace in these shots.
IMG_3888_2_small.jpg

IMG_3896_2_small.jpg

This video shows explains a lot.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p7j9uH7nGs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I had the OG P1 and then bought the Classic. I overall prefer the look of the Classic... it's a later and better designed figure. But since it was missing some stuff to make it more accurate to the P1 I parted out the OG figure on eBay, but kept the necklaces, pouch and other bits needed to make it P1 specific.

When you see the two next to one another the OG really looks dated.

gga-1.jpg

Thats what I did, but I kept my P1 though. Gave him electric bits to make like he is phazing into/out of stealth. You dont really notice the lack of bone trophies that way. :)

I was debating this whole "which Predator" idea recently, thinking it might be nice to have one if my shelves retain enough space after I get Mark XLII, T-800 Tech Noir and possibly a certain controversial police figure we're not allowed to talk about (though I did get some good UK related news today, PM me if interested). Ultimately though, I think I come down on the same side as Riddick:

Still none.

Waiting for re-issued original.

You see, I'd definitely want mine to look like an '80s Predator, but at the moment - for me - the Classic is definitely the better figure. This left me conflicted for a couple of reasons:

1) Because I didn't think much of 'Predators', so - even though it would only be known in packaging - I'd rather not have merchandise from it. In my heart, I'd prefer it to be the real deal.
2) Even if I did go Classic, I'd definitely want a skull and spinal cord and all the bone jewellery. By the time I've got the figure and gone through the hassle of finding and buying all those bits, you're looking at a fair bit of time and money.

So, ultimately, as Riddick put it, this is a wait it out situation for me. Who knows, at the end of 2015 a bunch of us might be on here discussing our newly received Predator 2.0 figures. Heck, maybe they'll even make a DX with a whole bunch of accessories, wounded limbs and different ugly muthaf-cka facial expressions? We can but dream.

If your me I have Classic and Original... I enjoy both the same Hot Toys did great work on both versions... Original dose not toyish to me one bit IMO... I can say same for P2 and City Hunter thats a different discussion IMO...

A new 87 predator figure is due sometime within the next 3 years methinks. Better to just wait.

Out of those two figures though, Classic is the obvious winner.

I owned Classic predator first.
But i think it would be interesting if i can collect the first release predators as shown in classic movie.
So i jump to get P1 with decent price.

Overall, at the time P1 was released (may be around 2009), people said this figure was amazing.

So, I will keep my P1 and Classic together. Both of them have the unique design and it is very nice to display them side by side.

In additional, Classic Predator will be more awesome if we give him additional custom trophy skull and necklace.

I owned Classic predator first.
But i think it would be interesting if i can collect the first release predators as shown in classic movie.
So i jump to get P1 with decent price.

Overall, at the time P1 was released (may be around 2009), people said this figure was amazing.

So, I will keep my P1 and Classic together. Both of them have the unique design and it is very nice to display them side by side.

In additional, Classic Predator will be more awesome if we give him additional custom trophy skull and necklace.

w/ the mods.... hands down classic looks the best imo!

Back