Which Hot Toys Infinity War figures will you buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far it looks like Iron Spidey, Cap or Nomad I guess and possibly Iron Man depending on the cost of the diecast I'm sure he'll be.

Almost nobody said Thor, interesting :)

If he comes with the eye patch from the end of Ragnarok(the gladiator version doesn't), then I'm getting him. I am itching for a new Thor. I love my dark world one but I would like an update and something different.

Cap is the only one I'm 100% sure I'll get, maybe Bucky as well. I'll decide about the others when I see the prototypes. I do want Thanos and his attack dogs, but I'm not sure yet. It's getting a little crowded here.

I'd definitely be interested in Dr Strange (missed the first one)

I'd also love a one-eyed Thor. I didn't pre-order Gladiator Thor (i bought the Roadworn version though) precisely because I was more interested in getting an eye-patch version of him.

And as there's still no sign of a Ragnarok Loki PO, I guess HT is now waiting for IW. If so, I'd like IW Loki too.

Probably the characters I don't have,

Dr Strange
Antman (or just wait for the Ant man and Wasp movie release)
War Machine (missed out in CW)
Thanos

And possibly
Cap
Widow

Probably the characters I don't have,

Dr Strange
Antman (or just wait for the Ant man and Wasp movie release)
War Machine (missed out in CW)
Thanos

And possibly
Cap
Widow

I don't think we're gonna get an Ant-Man for Infinity War. Avengers 4, maybe. But right now it's looking like if he's in the movie at all, it'll be nothing more than a cameo.

Definite
Iron Man -- new armor looks fantastic
Nomad -- glad it's not just another Cap
Black Widow -- blonde hair is a nice change-up
Iron Spidey
Thanos -- looks badass, plus the Infinity Gauntlet
Black Order (Proxima Midnight, Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidion, Ebony Maw) -- provided they are produced
Teen Groot
Nebula -- if produced
Mantis -- if produced
Valkyrie -- I would love to see HT produce a white costume version. But other than a scene or two show up what happens on Asgardian ship, she's probably not in this movie that much, but will likely show up more in Avengers 4.

Possible
Thor -- will have to see how he looks. The new black costume looks a bit simple and somewhat underwhelming, but he is getting a new weapon
Bucky--He'll be sporting a new Wakanda arm. Interested to see what it can do
Hawkeye/Ronin -- depending on how the Ronin costume looks. I've never been a big fan of Renner in this role.
Vision -- depending on how handled (we already know he's going to sport a human appearance in some scenes. Not sure if I would just buy a Paul Bethany figure, but maybe there will be a scene where he switches appearance so it could be a civilian look change-o head)

Wait and See
War Machine -- Only if he has some really cool new armor. I've already got enough WMs. So if it's not a major upgrade I'll wait for Avengers 4.
Hulk -- if they bring something new to the table. Already have 2 Hulks and a Gladiator version on order

Nope
Ant-Man -- Will pick up the Ant Man and Wasp version
Dr. Strange -- looks similar enough to solo movie version
Guardians of the Galaxy -- costumes don't look to be much different than GotG2
Hulkbuster -- 1.0 version will suffice.
Black Panther -- getting the solo movie version

Rumored
Pepper Potts/Rescue armor -- She hinted at shooting a fight scene and using powers in a recent interview. Would be cool to see.

Wait for Avengers 4
Captain Marvel -- She's confirmed for A4
Scarlet Witch -- Unless she finally gets a decent superhero costume in this movie
Falcon -- costume looks pretty similar to CW. Mackie recently said he's been pushing for a superhero costume more akin to the red & white comic version, so hopefully he'll get an upgrade in A4
Any Other Surprises, Resurrections, or Cool Costume/Armor Upgrades

I wish the Russo bros would give her the iconic headpiece from the comics...

Even something like this with a more red and some cleavage would be nice. They could explain the headpiece as being necessary to help control her powers. I also hope when MCU get the X-Men back, Magneto is retconned back to being Wanda, Pietro and Lorna's father.

View attachment 392976
2mo5zer.jpg

On another note, I would really like to see MODOK in the MCU. I think the perfect way to bring in MODOK would be to have Guy Pearce come back as Aldrich Killian. After the events of IM3, a near dead Killian could have been rushed to the hospital. His life is saved, but it required the amputation of both arms and legs. Despondent over the loss of his limbs, Aldrich has only one focus to take revenge against Iron Man. He has two of his AIM scientists break him out of the hospital, killing the police officers guarding him. They take him to a secret lab. Killian, who is still in critical condition and will die within 48 hours without medical treatment, instructs the scientists to inject him with an earlier version of Extremis serum. That version had shown accelerated tissue repair and limb regeneration in mice, but failed primate trials. Against their protests, he orders the procedure saying that the problem with the primate trials had been, not accounting for the greater complexity and that serum injection should have been at least 5 times what was used. The procedure goes horribly wrong, causing Killian's head to swell by 400% while shriveling what remains of his body. When Killian wakes up and sees the transformation he is both horrified and infuriated by his appearance. However he also finds that he's now completely healed and that his genius has increased. Within days, he comes up with the specs for the MODOK armor, which he will use to take revenge on Iron Man. Even if Marvel doesn't want to produce Iron Man IV, this could be a plot for a War Machine movie with an Iron Man cameo. Apparently Marvel had been considering a War Machine movie. While Cheadle probably wouldn't have been my top pick, he has been serviceable in the role and with a good co-starring team around him, it could conceivably be a solid franchise.

Attachments

• MODOK_by_uncannyknack.jpg
    MODOK_by_uncannyknack.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 157
Personally I like the fact that most characters haven't looked "costumed" to date. But as the movie universe has gotten larger, it's evolved a bit, so costumes don't look so out of place now..

Every one. I have all the revealed figures on PO. If we get re-releases like battle damage versions I'll skip out. But definitely I want the whole set. I have all the Hot Toys Avengers and Age of Ultron lines. Not stopping now.

While I do need a new Cap figure, I'm not looking to get Nomad, so that's a pass. I've said in the past that if they ever do the Black Order I'd get them all or at least some but I don't know, I've kind of waned on them already, figure wise. If they do an armored Thanos with the complete gauntlet then I'd seriously think about it. I'd say the only figure now that's got me chomping at the bit a little is Hulkbuster 2.0. I love but never bought 1.0 so maybe I will on this figure.

Back