Which HASBRO 12" SW will you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustinLuck said:
Just curious, but did Hasbro ever make a 12" Kit Fisto?

nope.

hey justin, i asked in another thread, but you probably missed it. did you collect any stuff before you found sideshow? if so, what?

The first 1/6 figure I ever purchased was the ROTJ Medicom Vader from yesasia.com back in November. Then a couple days later, I found out that Sideshow had just started taking pre-orders for Jedi Luke when I was reading a Medicom Vader review. I missed the exclusive by about two days, but was still able to grab a regular. :)

I still have several. I currently display the biker scout and speeder bike, ROTJ vader, and Emperor. I've customed a Kyle Katarn. I have EP 1,2 Obi's, Maul, Dooku, G Guard, Jango, Boba and Stormtrooper from OTC, IG 88, Jawa, Bib (will be replaced) and Mace Windu. Maul and Windu I'm keeping they are just not my favorite characters so hasbro is fine with me. I did replace Jedi Luke already. I personally see nothing wrong with mixing them in display environments with eachother. I think the higher end stuff helps the other look better. Besides can't afford to buy everything nor do I have the display area for all of it .

Last edited:
Sure SS's figures are going to much better than Hasbro's but let's remember that SS's are also over twice as expensive as Hasbro's. Remember, you get what you pay for people. For $20, Hasbro did a good job on lots of the figures. Hasbo didn't make LE collectibles but mass market figures. There is a huge difference between the two.

Seems that Hasbro's best figures tend to be the non-human ones.

I've noticed that as well.

Some of Hasbro's best that I still think hold up pretty well are:

the droids - all are pretty good.

any of the creatures- Tauntaun, Dewback...

Gamorrean Guard - great figure but needs a good repaint. Custommikey's looks great!!

Garindan

Yoda Episode 2 version w/chair - very underrated figure

Speederbike

the Cantina Band

General Tarpals w/??

Jawa - POTF version with cloth cape

IG-88

Zuckuss

Ackbar

Jango

Bossk

Just got a Gamorrean tonight.... he'll do for the Jabba Palace until Sideshow does one - then I think he'll be a kit bash into either the Gammorrean dark jedi from Dark Forces or the Super Intelligent Gamorrean from Wraith Squadron

JustinLuck said:
The first 1/6 figure I ever purchased was the ROTJ Medicom Vader from yesasia.com back in November. Then a couple days later, I found out that Sideshow had just started taking pre-orders for Jedi Luke when I was reading a Medicom Vader review. I missed the exclusive by about two days, but was still able to grab a regular. :)

so did you buy the small hasbro figures or was the medicom vader your first figure? i've read you didn't know rebelscum existed, etc. just trying to get a feel for where your critiques are coming from.:chew

I remember in my daily prayers to always thank 12 inch Hasbro Darth Sidious. If it weren't for him I would never have found Sideshow OB1 on ebay, which led me to Sideshow's web site which led me to the Freaks Board which led me to RS. Absolutely life changing. :D

Granted its all led to an empty bank account, but such is life!

pixletwin said:
I remember in my daily prayers to always thank 12 inch Hasbro Darth Sidious. If it weren't for him I would never have found Sideshow OB1 on ebay, which led me to Sideshow's web site which led me to the Freaks Board which led me to RS. Absolutely life changing. :D

Granted its all led to an empty bank account, but such is life!

Great story, pixletwin.

I never collected many of the 1/6 Hasbro figs, but what I've got I'll definitely keep.

I've still got the Kenner Luke, Han and Chewie from my childhood that I'll never get rid of.

Then I've got customized/Dragon body conversions of the following:
-- Darth Maul (2)
-- Jango Fett
-- fictional ROTS Clonetrooper Commander Gaius Agrippa (from a AOTC clone)
-- AOTC Clonetrooper
-- AOTC Clonetrooper Officer (Yellow)
-- Hoth Luke
-- Snowtrooper (2)

I've also got customized versions of Marmit's Boba Fett and Sandtrooper (NICE).

I suppose technically he is not Hasbro (released by Kenner just before they were swallowed by Hasbro), but one figure I know I will always hold on to with great love is my Masterpiece Anakin Skywalker. Sebastian Shaw as Anakin at the end of ROTJ will prolly never see the light of day in Sideshow, but thats ok because this one, I think, was one of Kenner's greatest likeness'.

Here he is with all my other Anakins I had at the time (I sold ROTS Medi-Vader and have since acquired TPM Anakin and SDCC Vaderkin)....
AnakinRUs.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably keep only the ones not made by SS yet.
But when they'll be made, I think I will drop the hasbro line.

Those which I though where good enough to take some room in my collection are ( to date ):
12" Scout on Speederbike
12" Sidious
12" Grievous (modded with some "dirt" effekts and better paintjob on the mask )
12" Jango & Boba Fett
12" Royal Guard

I am thinking the Hasbro C3P0 will go nice with the Jabba throne room set up until SS makes one.

And Hasbro made awesome droids!!! I don't think that Sideshow will make a battle droid anytime soon.

I am thinking the Hasbro C3P0 will go nice with the Jabba throne room set up until SS makes one.

Hasbro's droids are all great.

I think that the Sailbarge R2-D2 would look good with Jabba also.

pixletwin said:
I suppose technically he is not Hasbro (released by Kenner just before they were swallowed by Hasbro), but one figure I know I will always hold on to with great love is my Masterpiece Anakin Skywalker. Sebastian Shaw as Anakin at the end of ROTJ will prolly never see the light of day in Sideshow, but thats ok because this one, I think, was one of Kenner's greatest likeness'.

Here he is with all my other Anakins I had at the time (I sold ROTS Medi-Vader and have since acquired TPM Anakin and SDCC Vaderkin)....
AnakinRUs.jpg

Fine collection. I'm envious. I think the photo wasn't working for me because I was using my Mac at work and it sometimes has issues ...

I'll only be keeping my Removable helmet Sebastian Shaw talking Vader. It's still a fun figure, but I'm droping the rest, not just because of SS and Medicom, but because I don't have the room. Plus most of the ones I have look like ugly chicks hanging out with their good looking friends, even uglier! Can't stand some of these next to SS and Medicom.

sw03acgamorreanguardfront.jpg

I reckon this guy looks pretty good - he'll fit in nicely with Jabba's palace. And if Sideshow do one - well you can't have too many pig soldiers.

Back