Which HASBRO 12" SW will you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold a few of my Hasbros on Ebay recently. And I was generally happy with what I got for them. The big surprise was my loose General Grevious. I got over $40 for him! :D

But all in all I'm going to keep the rest of my Hasbros. I've customized them enough to where they won't be of interest to the min in box guys. Besides, it's fun to compare side-by-side the offerings. I currently have my SS, Medicom and Hasbro Jedi Lukes together on the same shelf. It's an interesting mix. I also have the Hasbro wrist shackles on my SS Jedi Luke. :D

And Hasbro has created several wonderful pieces that Sideshow will never touch and could be used with their figures. The Speeder bike and Tauntaun immediately come to mind.

And Hasbro made awesome droids!!! I don't think that Sideshow will make a battle droid anytime soon.

I started collecting like 9 months ago and I started with Hasbro because there were nothing else in Turkey at that time.

after finding out Gentle Giant and SS, I bought and sold around 240 hasbro figures and I find myself very lucky to get rid of them. I even make very good money of the auction site www.gittigidiyor.com evil bay of Turkey, which they take 10 % commission over the selling price.

This will be hard to believe for you but in Turkey hasbro prices are crazy. If it is carded, you can easily sell a 3" figure for 17 $. :lol
eg. pilot clone sold for 27 YTL = 20 $
https://www.gittigidiyor.com/php/urun.php?id=2007119

or utapau clone of saga series sold for 42 YTL = 31 $ :lol
https://www.gittigidiyor.com/php/urun.php?id=1953151

Conclusion: I am not keeping any and am not buying any more hasbro stuff.

Seems like the short list of the ones to keep so far are:

Scout Trooper with Speeder
Gamorrean
Bib Fortuna (although I see SS doing this one)
Ki Adi Mundi
Shaak Ti
IG-88 (and all the bounty hunters from ESB)
Taun Taun
Queen Amidala (Red Senate, Travel Gown, Return from Naboo)
Geonosian (really?)
R2 and 3PO electronic 2-pack version
Yoda

I'd like to add:

Death Star droid
Garindan
Anakin Skywalker (old man "Masterpiece Books" 13" version)
Ackbar
Sebulba
Watto (yes, even Watto -- its not like SS will ever make this one)
Oh yeah...and Jar Jar Binks -- he may be a classic.

Last night I broke open

Shaak Ti ( lightsaber hilt WAY too big, but a decent Hasbro figure )
Ki Adi - Decent look, no stand so hard to get to stand up, but I got it to work
Yoda - one of their best efforts IMO
R2D2 - Placed beside my GG C3PO

Darth Sheba said:
KitFisto: I gave my Shaak Ti Qui-Gon's lightsaber to hold. Looks all right, but you might have to explain why she has it. :lol :p

LOL, yeah. I don't think I can give her a green blade though. Maybe I will break into the Obi-Wan E I figure and see if his looks any better and give her that one.

I'm keeping:

Bib Fortuna
Gamorrean Guard
AOTC Yoda
Tauntaun
Speeder Bike
Ackbar

Unless Sideshow makes any of them. Then they get evicted.:emperor

Ackbar is a nice one, as well as the Garindan.

Another good one is the Capt. Tarpals.

Seems that Hasbro's best figures tend to be the non-human ones.

oh sorry for this huge bump, but has anyone every seen a 1/6
or 12" scale DESTROYER DROID?
That was my favorite droid... T.T

and I didn;t know about these "hasbro" figs since my entrance into this hobby was through "COLLECTIBLEs" LOl, but these are the figs I plan to get in the near future, once $$ start rolling in, and if anyone has one, I can buy ;D

Star Wars Figures to get from Hasbro:

Darth Maul and Speeder
Han and Tuantuan
Scout Trooper and Speed bike
Royal Gaurd and Darth Sidious
Count Dooku
Darth Vader
General Greivious
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Gamorean Gaurd
Yoda
C3P0
R2D2
Battle Droid(s)
Destroyer Droid(?)
Snow Trooper

I plan on keeping all of mine for nostalgia purposes. I had so many fond memories of collecting those that theres no way Im giving any of them up.

My personal favorites from the Hasbro 12" line is:

Han and Tauntaun
Sandtrooper(Diamond Exclusive)
Biggs and Wedge(FAO exclusive)
Han in Carbonite
Snowtrooper

I'm going to try get a Gamorrean - just so I have a different one from the eventual Sideshow one (and a just in case for if they don't make it). Other than that I'm interested in picking up the 1/6 scale vehicles and a grevous (I know he got bagged here but given there isn't an alternative.....)

None. I find it blasphemous to display Hasbro (or any kitsch items) next to SSC. Crap robs away the energy of a good display piece.

Amanaman said:
None. I find it blasphemous to display Hasbro (or any kitsch items) next to SSC. Crap robs away the energy of a good display piece.

So you would not keep a Speederbike, or Sith speeder? A taun-taun or dewback? I just do not see Sideshow making these any time soon.

Back