Which Gandalf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grey or White?

• Grey

Votes: 52 68.4%
  • White

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Like both equally and/or see them as the same character.

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

Red

Super Freak
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been polled before but i thought it would be interesting to see if people do distinguish between Gandalf the Grey and White?

So based solely on the films,books which Gandalf do u prefer?

Although Gandalf the White is more powerful i have a soft spot for old Grey as he's like a grandfather figure and he does seem to have more of a sense of humour.:D

I think they are both awesome :cool: but if i had to would probably give my nod to the Grey.:D ;)

Last edited:
I like both versions of Gandalf as depicted in the movies and books of LOTR. However, if I have to pick one and only one version only, I will go for GTG.

GTG seemed friendlier than GTW. GTW seemed more serious. so id pick GTG cuz it feels like you could sit down on your porch and have a mug of ale with the guy and maybe smoke a little pipe weed and blow smoke rings and stuff. maybe whistle at elf maidens as they walk by.

Definitely GTG. Even Ian McKellan said he preferred the character of GTG over GTW stating GTW was a bit too "stuffy". That's good enough for me.

I like GTG more because of his human qualities. He also showed his vulnerabilities.

But if I were to fight side by side with Gandalf, it'd choose GTW, simply because of the power he possesses. GTW is definitely someone you don't fool around with.

I voted both - everyone's mentioned why GTG is so great, but I also love GTW the general, kicking everyones arses into shape! He is a kick ass wizard, well, until his staff breaks and then he gets all depressed and wanders around Minas Tirith going "Doom, doom, doom...."

GTG....although not as actively or outwardly warrior-like as GTW, there's an implied promise of dangerously great power in those eyes that belie that kindly grandfather exterior. I think that complexity in GTG is more interesting than the overt display of GTW.

Back