Which 1/6 Indy to buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son is 5 years old, however he knows the difference between his toys and Daddy's "toys". Like I said he asked if I could buy an Indy so I could put it in the display case. He goes into the display room every day and just loves to look at the figures, in fact he almost seems apprehensive to even touch them. When I went to pick up my HT Joker he just stood there staring at the HT Indy in the store front display - but I thought if one of the other Indy's were pretty close I could save some money.

With all the feedback and the photos posted - and even though its not the "perfect" Indy - it does look like the HT DX Indy is the best one on the market. I know there is a $100-$150 price difference which is big, but as mentioned a few have gone for pretty cheap lately on Ebay (if you want to call $150 cheap)...so hopefully I can pick up one of those.

Its funny I read through the original (now closed) Hot toys Indy thread - man has there ever been any figure that caused so much anger?? I mean it was getting really nasty between the two sides!...at least everyone on this thread has been civil and helpful!

Unless you want to spend several hundred dollars on a custom, go with Hot Toys.

indy2-2.jpg

The Sideshow figures take way to much to look decent.

Solution:

Hot Toys Indy to display

Sideshow Indy for your son to play with.

That's how you get stuff by the wife!:lecture

Well in the past 5 weeks I have bought:
Batman 89
Joker 89
Bank Robber Joker
Dark Knight MMS71
Classic Predator
All 4 four Matty Ghostbusters.

already got the "why do need two Batman figures??" ...I tried explaining "one is Keaton and one is Bale" (totally logical argument in my view) still doesn't seem to register - she just sees Batman.....sad I know.

...honestly my Son did ask me for an Indy that he could put in the case - Don't get me wrong, I loved the Indy movies but I wouldn't have considered the figure if he didn't show the interest....but if I can say "its for your son sweetie not me"...if tends to soften the blow a bit...and allows me to get away with it...

...I have already picked out a nice sweet corner in the garage where I will no doubt be sleeping in the next few weeks...

I have a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old. I look forward to when they start suggesting what I should collect (provided I like it too). :D

I have a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old. I look forward to when they start suggesting what I should collect (provided I like it too). :D

That's the key!..I took him to see The Avengers and he wanted me to buy a Captain America or Iron Man. Unfortunately I have never been a "Marvel" guy, I grew up a DC kid, so I had to convince him the figures were silly...even though some look fantastic, I just can't cave into the "evils" of Marvel..:lol

I'm in the same position wanting to get an Indy, orr possibly bash one. What about for starters going with a SSC Head sculpt, getting a pro re-paint of it and then going with the HT version for the body, clothes etc...until I upgrade the clothes and accessories?

I had my Sideshow Indy for years now and was pretty happy about him, but when I saw the HT one, first I resisted due to the sculpt, but last week I succumbed to the temptation and ordered one.

Well my DX Indy came today and I can say it looks way better in person than in most pictures you see online. Is it perfect?...nope, but regardless of what people may think of the head sculpt this is still a pretty solid figure with amazing accessories!. I ended up picking it up for $170 plus $20 shipping not cheap per say but not bad for a HT DX.

Most important thing is my Son is THRILLED! he is still just staring at it trying to decide how we should pose it!...

Thanks to everyone for replying...we got our Indy!:)

Well my DX Indy came today and I can say it looks way better in person than in most pictures you see online. Is it perfect?...nope, but regardless of what people may think of the head sculpt this is still a pretty solid figure with amazing accessories!. I ended up picking it up for $170 plus $20 shipping not cheap per say but not bad for a HT DX.

Most important thing is my Son is THRILLED! he is still just staring at it trying to decide how we should pose it!...

Thanks to everyone for replying...we got our Indy!:)

Well you got it cheaper than when it first came out so thats a good thing. Its a solid Indy figure right out of the box and Im sure your son will love him for years to come! :hi5:

Back