Where's all the 12" figures ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
I was just reviewing what I have left on order with Sideshow and realised that virtually none of it is actually SSC product. I only collect 12" figures, and all that I have left that is produced by SSC is Faramir, Plo Kloon, Asajj, Leia as Boush, ANH Leia, ANH Luke the creature pack, and the chess set. Of those, almost all of them were supposed to ship in the next month or two - meaning that after that I won't get ANY sideshow product for the next 6 months.

If you look at it line by line, Highlander is dead, as is X-Files, as are Buffy & Angel. LOTR has been months since an announcement, and Star Wars really hasn't had much at all apart from the oddities. Terminator is probably fairly dead too unless we get a Battle Damage Terminator to round out the line. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Daniel Craig Bond to be the last in that line (hence the rebadging to "Legacy").

That said, the lack of Sideshow releases has let me add a few Medicoms (Ghost Rider, Comic Wolverine, Comic Red & Blue Spidey, Comic Venom, SM3 Spidey (both), SM3 Venom) and Hot Toys (Endo, Ripley) to my collection as well as catch up on my backorder SSC 12" figures (AOD Ash & Evil Ash)....... Any thoughts ?

Yes, it's a noticeable trend, first touched on here. Since I'm only really interested in 12" Star Wars and Terminator, my wallet has lately been breathing a sigh of relief!

I've turned my focus to the 12" Doctor Who line. They're about as good as SSC's stuff, but half the price, and they even make armored characters.

Hopefully SSC wil develop a new body and come back into the 1/6 world with guns blazing... but I doubt it. They've got too many other irons in the fire to focus on 1/6 lines the way they used to.

customizerwannabe said:
Hot toys seems to be picking up the slack, and I think they do a FAR better job on 12" figs than Sideshow. More expenseive, but well worth it.
Yep thats defenetly the case!

customizerwannabe said:
Hot toys seems to be picking up the slack, and I think they do a FAR better job on 12" figs than Sideshow. More expenseive, but well worth it.

Preach on brotha!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock

HT is definitely making the coolest 1/6 stuff around right now. It's just a shame for me thay they don't make more stuff from properties that I care about. Then again, I'd probably be living in a box if they did.

LordAzrael said:
I was just reviewing what I have left on order with Sideshow and realised that virtually none of it is actually SSC product.

Same here.

11 things on pre-order.

3 belong to SS.

I find Sideshow (usually) has the edge with headsculpts, which is the most important part for me. But their licenses rarely overlap so I guess it's a moot point.

I dunno... I really doubt that Sideshow is giving up on non-SW/LOTR 1:6. I think it is highly likely that they are re-engineering a new body type. They would be foolish not to. Sideshow has had a foot firmly in the 1:6 market and to remove that hold in what has been called by some as the golden age of 1:6 collectin, makes no sense to me.

As much as I like HT product, I still prefer Sideshow.

pixletwin said:
Sorry King. I know HT is yer bread 'n' butter right now. :monkey2
You have no need to apologise!!! even thought HT is way better the SSC you like what you like!!!! ANd no sorrys about that!!!!!!!!!!! OK!!!!

p!tu said:
You have no need to apologise!!! even thought HT is way better the SSC you like what you like!!!! ANd no sorrys about that!!!!!!!!!!! OK!!!!

Thanks P!TU. :lol

pixletwin said:
Nope. They cost too much. :monkey2

Besides I am not too into Aliens, though the Rocky figs are very tempting.

I wish I could get you a couple. I agree they are too expensive, but given that they are imports its the norm.

I think if you have a few inhand to futz with for a few days, you may see them in a different light.

SS still rocks though. I just wish they would put out more 12" figures.

Back