Where to buy Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr3dato8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey,

I am from UK and I was wondering if anyone knows a good place where I could pre-order Hot Toy collectibles?

I know the general websites but I need one where I could pre-order the item and not pay anything (not even the deposit) until the figure is actually in stock, or, a website where a deposit has to be made but is fully refunded if I was to cancel my order at any time.

A UK site would obviously be preferable.

Sorry is this is in the wrong section

If you're in the UK, I've heard that One sixth Bruce is pretty good.

Yeah but the problem there is I would have to make a deposit and there is a cancellation fee.

I like the price and policy at BBTS but even if they do mark as a gift there could still be a £50 shipment tax.

Has anyone from UK ever bought from BBTS and didn't have to pay for the customs?

BBTS won't mark their stuff as gifts

On their website it says there is option for that. But that doesn't matter anyways, that won't avoid the customs tax.

In order for there to not be a customs tax the sender needs to either lie about the item value or it needs to ne shipped within the EU.

Anyone know a website within the EU that doesn't charge until in stock (or has no cancellation fee)?

HI,

I deal mostly with an online shop called collectiblesdirect.co.uk, thus far the service has been spot on and the manager is really help full :clap :clap

Im not sure about the cancellation fee tho, but im not sure why you would be concerned about that if you intend to buy.

Hey, yeah I know about collectibles direct.co.uk, it's a nice website but they have a 10% cancellation fee.

The problem for me is that I'll be at uni and I'm not sure how it is going to be with money.

If I could I would just wait closer to the release date to only then decide whether I can buy it or not, but it seems that pre-orders become unavaliable way before the release

Play.com and forbiddenplanet uk also ebay. Model Zone have started selling HT figs too.

- cant trust play.com I haven't had a single smooth transaction with them, always problems

- forbiddenplanet's prices are too high (even by UK standards)

Model Zone's seems like the best choice for now, reasonable (for UK) prices and only charge once item is in stock.

If people know any better choices please tell.

Have nt just started,resumed would be better.They actually started selling 5 years ago.I can remember when they had the Alien Marines and Terminator Endoskeletons.

Actually,when theres an exclusive I like I order through Sideshow,rest of the time Ebay.H-K Apestore in particular,but I hear Assaultrabbit and Goodshipped is excellent,I ve used him.One Sixth Bruce is excellent and in this country and you can find some Hot Toys in Forbidden Planet stores too.

Considering most the of the main UK sellers have been mentioned, i'd choose one of those.The 10% NRD is pretty much used by almost every store even sideshow themselves so it pretty much unavoidable..the only store i know of who doesnt do it is play.com but then their prices are sky high and i would never use them.
I use Lee over a collectibles.co.uk, he's a great guy and has a great customer service, i've never used wai man over at Onesixthbruce,but i know a lot of youtube reviews use him and like to buy from him.

I've been buying HT for about four years and I use ebay and get them stright from Hong Kong. I never use ebay pre order I just wait until the day of release and use a buy it now. The price is normally about £20 more than buying from the UK but it means you get the figure stright away rather than waiting for UK to aquire them before they post them to you. Fastest I have recieved a figure is five days longest is two weeks and not once have I been asked to pay customs fees. I you are wanting to get the figures as soon as they are released, then this is what I recommend. It is what I will be doing when all the new figures are released in a few months time.

I always get my stuff from collectiblesdirect.co.uk
Lee is always very helpful and the packing and service are second to none

Okay, thank you for the tips.

I used to buy from Ebay, you don't pay customs there because they lie about item value when they ship (which official websites aren't allowed to do).

Back