Where is HT T2 Battle Damaged T-800?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean like when they all jumped at Christopher Reeve not happening? when in fact it is.

Reeve made sense for delay though, his likeness hasn't really been produced until recently.

The T2 license is covered, there's nothing legal in the way, just a matter of doing the work.

Ideally, we'll get:

Semi BD Portrait with PERS
Full BD Portrait with Light Up Eye
Clean Glove Hands
BD Glove Hands
BD Endo Arm
Bullet Hole Jacket
Torn Left Arm Jacket
Bullet Hole Pants
Torn Knee Pants
MM1 Grenade Launcher
M134 Gatling Gun with Ammo Bag
M79 Grenade Launcher - Clean
M79 Grenade Launcher - Broken Stock
Bandolier with FILM Scale M79 Grenades (full set of grenades)

Grenade bandolier or fail.

Has to come with properly scaled grenades and a full ammount of them or it's still a fail. The proto rumor sounded like it might just be the bandolier and a few grenades, they have to provide enough to have a Cyberdyne full compliment or you can just take them out for a BD look.

I also want the metal pole T-1000 impales him with. I can't find anything suitable to represent it.

The semi-BD head having PERS would be excellent!

Has to come with properly scaled grenades and a full ammount of them or it's still a fail. The proto rumor sounded like it might just be the bandolier and a few grenades, they have to provide enough to have a Cyberdyne full compliment or you can just take them out for a BD look.

They gave us enough to fill Comedians... :lecture

For me, top priority with the grenades is that they're properly scaled to the figure, second is the quantity we get. As much as I'd hate to have to source extra grenades, I'd rather that and have them be the right size than get a full set but have them be too small.

Ideally, we'll get:

Semi BD Portrait with PERS
Full BD Portrait with Light Up Eye
Clean Glove Hands
BD Glove Hands
BD Endo Arm
Bullet Hole Jacket
Torn Left Arm Jacket
Bullet Hole Pants
Torn Knee Pants
MM1 Grenade Launcher
M134 Gatling Gun with Ammo Bag
M79 Grenade Launcher - Clean
M79 Grenade Launcher - Broken Stock
Bandolier with FILM Scale M79 Grenades (full set of grenades)

Without even seeing this I know it'd be my favorite collectible. I look at it this way, if HT's didn't give us a Sarah in T-1000 disguise i'd say it would be over now. I KNOW this figure is coming soon.

Its painfully obvious they're waiting to sell out their clean T-800 of the 2nd wave before releasing this one. I know HT's doesn't have the greatest strategies but avoiding competing with yourself ain't rocket science.

I consider that pretty important too. Cyberdyne customs so far just haven't looked completely right because of the grenades being too small and/or the wrong colour.

I wonder would they consider the T1 T-800 as competing with themselves too though. T2 BD T-800 and Tech Noir T1 T-800 may be very different beasts to the hardcore Terminator fan but to many casual fans they might be happy having one or the other, with no need for both.

Thing is, if the set were to be like what I outlined, it would be as much helping sales of what's out now as competition.

How many of us bought a spare MMS117 for Cyberdyne. If there's no clean head/body for that in the next T-800, you still need MMS117 to make a proper Cyberdyne, so offering those parts with a new figure could encourage more sales of the previous. I really can't imagine enough people would buy MMS117 right now if BD is all they wanted. If there's enough people that buy that way that HT is right to worry about them, I'd be stunned because that's just moronic, there's no point to buying a figure you don't want just because, save your money for something you actually want.

I wonder would they consider the T1 T-800 as competing with themselves too though. T2 BD T-800 and Tech Noir T1 T-800 may be very different beasts to the hardcore Terminator fan but to many casual fans they might be happy having one or the other, with no need for both.

Good point but because they are different films i'd say probably not. Since Techy went up about two months ago it could hurt to say offer the preorder about a month before it releases. I'd assume most collectors can afford buying a high end piece every 2-3 months.

I consider that pretty important too. Cyberdyne customs so far just haven't looked completely right because of the grenades being too small and/or the wrong colour.

Color is easily fixed, size, not so much, especially when bandoliers are made to their current size, there's more to do than just enlarge the grenades.

I think they might consider them competing, and I think, if we do get BD T2, the reason will be, it wasn't ready by the time T2 was wrapping up, but the T1 Tech Noir was. so they moved onto T1 just to keep things moving, this would be a significant release gap if the T1 hadn't tied in with T-1000 shipping. They know if they can keep turning things out from a successful property, it serves them better than gaps. They pretty much rolled from TS into T:2 and from T2 into T1.

If we get a BD T2, not being able to have it ready, for whatever reason, in time to follow the T-1000 is the only rational reason I can see moving onto T1 without putting it out first.

I had a suspicion of that too, the T1 figure is less complex and reuses an existing body. On the one hand I think that this reasoning makes it bode well for BD versions of each T-800 - they'll come, it'll just take longer as they're more complex particularly a fully BD T2. This is why they've put the clean versions out first to keep us entertained in the meantime.

However regarding the point that they may be waiting for previous figures to sell out before launching the new one - if they're counting T1 T-800 as competition for any T-800 that may follow - we're going to be waiting a long while before they even announce BD T2 or BD T1 considering Tech Noir T-800 isn't even out yet. On the plus side theres not necessarily an obstacle to them announcing Kyle Reese, T1 sarah or T2 John Connor.....

Way I see it, T2 has only more T-800s left and it's done, we will not get John Connor. The only way I see getting Connor is a 2pack with a T-800 or maybe if they did a Targets 2 pack of 80s Sarah and Young John, as both would be weak solo sellers, maybe together they'd ammount to enough appeal to sell well.

Reeve made sense for delay though, his likeness hasn't really been produced until recently.

The T2 license is covered, there's nothing legal in the way, just a matter of doing the work.

It's nothing to do with that. It's to do with some people heading towards freaking out if it's not here yet. Some people just can't sit back, wait and see what prevails but instead head towards the path of hissy fits. It's like watching somebody have the attention span of a gnat.

Back