Where does everyone get their movie posters??!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a local collectors show here in LA that sells nothing but posters...they range greatly in price...since I guess they're collectible too. I'm thinking they have thousands if not 10's of thousands.

I go here and save the large pics to my desktop and then print out and make the 11x17 mini posters on photo paper.

https://www.impawards.com/

Some friends did that for me (from the same website) when I couldn't find the Prestige prints I wanted. They turned out really nice....just wish it could have been poster size...but it is better than nothing. :)

If a movie poster on eBay is described as a D/S original 27x40 movie poster print, is that the same as an authentic theatrical release double-sided movie poster??

The info on moviegoods seems to say a movie poster print is different than a D/S poster, I know diddley squat about movie posters, but if I get one, I want to make sure it's the real deal.

If a movie poster on eBay is described as a D/S original 27x40 movie poster print, is that the same as an authentic theatrical release double-sided movie poster??

The info on moviegoods seems to say a movie poster print is different than a D/S poster, I know diddley squat about movie posters, but if I get one, I want to make sure it's the real deal.

It should be, but some reprints are double sided too.

I worked at a movie theater for 3 years when I was a teenager - the D/S posters are the same thing as actual movie posters. One side is normal, the other side is basically the image in reverse - that way when light is diffused through the back of an actual movie or d/s poster you get a brighter and sharper image.

Actual movie posters and D/S posters are the same thing. :D

Ebay is great for posters. You're sure to find what you want there. Just have to browse. I get all of my posters from there now. Never had a problem. And, always cheap.

I really want to get a 27x40 DS version of the TDK poster featuring Ledger with a machine gun. Too bad people keep raising the prices on eBay. I wonder where I could find one at a reasonable price....

I'm just curious because it's the Why So Serious teaser at a comparatively low BIN price considering the prices I've seen it go for. It seems like a too good to be true situation.

I'm just curious because it's the Why So Serious teaser at a comparatively low BIN price considering the prices I've seen it go for. It seems like a too good to be true situation.

are you sure it is a full sized poster and not the smaller ones from Walmart, HMV, Zellers, etc.

I have both the eva and scarlett spirit posters. they are original D/S 27X40 theater issued posters. PM me if you want the eva. I also have a lot of other original theater posters if anyone is interested.

Yup,

# Poster Title: The Dark Knight (Why So Serious?, Double-Sided) Movie Poster Print - 27" X 40"
# MSRP: $19.99
# Poster Description: This is a double-sided poster. It shows Heath Ledger as The Joker. He is writing in blood "Why So Serious?" and a smiley face. At the bottom it says "The Dark Knight". This poster measures approx. 27" x 40"

The thing that throws me off is that it says "Movie Poster Print", I guess what I'm really after is the 1 sheet, moviegoods.com is selling it for $119.99, so I don't understand the pricing disparity.

Are 1 sheets really supposed to be about $50-$80??

I sold my "why so serious" for $90. i was only expecting around $20 or $30. i guess people really want it because the passing heath ledger.

I got a why so serious poster at FYE thats 27 x 40 and it looks official. Even if it isnt I dont really care, close enough for me. THey had alot official sized posters tho for 20-30 bucks.

I usually go to moviegoods.com too but they still want $99 for the new X-Files sequel movie poster. No way.

The Dark Knight poster that I want is the international version with Batman, Dent, and Joker each holding up an item in front of them. At least I thought it was the International version, until last night I saw a big banner with those images at the local theater last night.

I still need to pick up a "Why so Serious" DS poster for a good price, if any one has one or knows someone who has one avaliable please let me know, i would prefer to stay away from ebay.

Back