Where are the LotR fans?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morgoth dio with him sitting on his throne in Angband would be awesome.

:drool :drool :drool :drool or the The Kinslaying at Alqualondë
Kinslaying.jpg

Tons of possibilities, or something from the War of Wrath

:drool :drool :drool :drool or the The Kinslaying at Alqualondë
Kinslaying.jpg

Tons of possibilities, or something from the War of Wrath

Yep, the Kinslaying was a shameful low point for the elves and shaped a big part of Middle-earth's future for thousands of years. Come on Sideshow, consider doing some of this stuff. Many fans of LOTR go far beyond just the films.

Last edited:
Every time that event is brought up my heart sinks. Within the mythos of Middle Earth it truly is one of the darkest and most tragic things ever to come to pass. Especially when you consider all that was lost and at what cost, it's one of the most horrible massacres in Tolkien's works. That to me would be too dark for a diorama.

Now, if you wanted to depict Fingolfin against Morgoth . . . :rolleyes:

Would depicting much of the Sil. stuff even be possible? Sure, things could be done that are mentioned in the appendix of LOTR but much of what happens in The Sil. is still apart of the Tolkien estate so rights would have to be sought. And it seems that Sideshow's focus is more movie based.

It would be rather cool to have Sil. statues/dios produced somewhere from some company one day. Someone just needs to convince the Tolkien estate.

I'm still a LOTR collector, but like have others have said the "wow" factor isn't there. I prefer to keep my collection on the higher end and really had high expectations of the PF line after Lurtz. Unfortunately, Lurtz is alone. The LS bust line is the only thing I consider now (12" isn't my cup of tea). If the dio's are made in a bigger scale I would definitely consider them. Bring out a Balrog vs. GTG diorama in which the Balrog eclipses the SSW size drastically and it will surely sell out and renew some interest. Even if it's a very expensive piece, SS needs to produce a spectacular piece just to get everyone talking, looking, and thinking about LOTR again.

I'm still a LOTR collector, but like have others have said the "wow" factor isn't there. I prefer to keep my collection on the higher end and really had high expectations of the PF line after Lurtz. Unfortunately, Lurtz is alone. The LS bust line is the only thing I consider now (12" isn't my cup of tea). If the dio's are made in a bigger scale I would definitely consider them. Bring out a Balrog vs. GTG diorama in which the Balrog eclipses the SSW size drastically and it will surely sell out and renew some interest. Even if it's a very expensive piece, SS needs to produce a spectacular piece just to get everyone talking, looking, and thinking about LOTR again.

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the wow factor either. I was less than impressed with the quality of the Frodo Pf [as were obviously alot of others since it is still readily available], and while I think Gandalf is a better piece there are too many small problems with it, that when combined together, prevent it from really jumping out at me.
The LS busts have been consistently good from the very beginning and the dio's may really take off with the newest announcement. If SS isn't careful it's PF line might be left behind when the dust settles. :monkey2

I'm still a LOTR collector, having made the transition from Toybiz to SS/W poly over the years. I still keep my eye on new products. The Lurtz PF is a wonderful piece, and I'm happy to own him. I just don't buy LOTR at the rate I was buying when the poly was being released. At the time, LOTR was my main focus.

But now, Sideshow and other companies are putting out pieces from other movies that are diverting my attention away from LOTR. In the bigger picture I love movies and like to express my love for movies and characters through various high-end pieces. So it's not that I love LOTR any less, it's just that some of my favorite movie characters are being made into a collectible that I'd never dream would happen. And I'm riding that wave to the fullest extent that my budget will allow.

I wish sideshow would get the license for other Tolkien works such as the Silmarillon. Any collectible depicting an event from the First and Second age would be an immediate buy for me. Heck, even depicting the Valor in Valinor would be sweet!]

Back