Where are the LotR fans?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
There are LotR fans that aren't on the Intraweb, we saw that at ORC. Where do they get their information on LotR product and are they interested in collectibles like 1/6 and PF?

It seems something needs to happen to light a fire under the line and get more people to buy - anyone have any suggestions for finding the LotR fans that aren't already aware of Sideshow's product?

I am definitely of the same mind. We need to root out all of the LOTR fans we can muster to buy Sideshow 1:6 scale action figures. But if there were a bunch at ORC...I would guess that many of them have likely been exposed to Sideshow's 1:6 scale line.

There are LotR fans that aren't on the Intraweb, we saw that at ORC. Where do they get their information on LotR product and are they interested in collectibles like 1/6 and PF?

It seems something needs to happen to light a fire under the line and get more people to buy - anyone have any suggestions for finding the LotR fans that aren't already aware of Sideshow's product?

Dave that's easy! Tell them to stop stalling and make them already. Then have them repain Farimir. I love this line and had to quit after Legolas! Make them care more about what they are doing. Where is Gimili. What about the females? All this keeps this line from rocking.

I think anyone going to Dragon-Con is going to know about them too.

They had a booth at ORC when the SSW line was at it's height and that line took off and begat the 9500 Saurons. The last ORC had a Sideshow panel, but you couldn't see the figures unless you found the hospitality suite, and I think most people didn't. The Sideshow panel there was very sparsely attended. Of course that first ORC was at the height of the films popularity too and the most recent was a shadow in comparison.

I think the slow pace of the line has held it back from a certain excitement level. That, and up until Frodo there hasn't been a 'major' character released in nearly a year.

Once Frodo is available, and maybe Gandalf too, I think more people might start picking these up on second chance or ebay.

But the momentum of buying is equal to the momentum of release.

LOTR will never hit the level of Star Wars. There's a whole generation of people raised and conditioned to collect SW. LOTR has only just begun in terms of 'toys'.

Hi, Im an LOTR fan, and Im ashamed to admit I still havent jumped on this line. Plan on changing that in the near future though.

Oops! Didn't see there were two threads. Anyway, just tell me what to do and I'm there. Anything for my favorite toy line. Let us go forth, and fear no darkness!

You have my sword!

Jump now! If we can get all the people who are on the fence to jump on these figures, that will help, if only a little. Remember, a small victory is a victory still. Let us move with what strength we have, whether to glory, or to ruin, let us at least press on with what courage is given us!

If you haven't ventured into the line, start now! Pick a figure and just try it out--you'll be surprised by the quality! They are all wonderful! Aragorn is often looked down on, but he's a beautiful, exceptional figure! Faramir's paint job wasn't great, but he's still wonderful! Boromir is fantastic, Legolas superb--Go for it! Not into 1:6 figures! For shame! Nonetheless, try something else! A Weta piece! A premium format figure! All it takes is one to see how majestically The Lord of the Rings translates into collectible form!

Follow your heart--try one, and then tell others! We must press forward!

Aragorn is looked down upon?

Even though I dont collect them, Ive seen them and am pretty impressed by their quality, especially Aragorn. I do have a a couple of Sideshow pieces (the EE Gift Set statues as well as Arwen) and know the quality of their work.Like I said, I just havent gotten around to these yet, but soon, I hope too.
'
Im actually surprised to hear this line is having bit of problems.

I think there are a lot of fans who don't know about this. Getting them the info is the part we need to work on and maybe those of us who post on other boards can help.

Well i only bought the first figure of the 1/6 line and now im trying to sell it, it doesnt fit in my collection im happy with my weta pieces, the pf pieces look tempting but is to much money, i cant help this new lines for two reason: life and my passion for LOTR has gone.

I haven't made the leap to LotR PF's, but I do own all 4 of the 12" figures and I pre-ordered Sam and Frodo at SDCC. I'm in for all of the 12" at least! :rock

AWESOME line and it's the other line I collect besides SW(and The Dead...ok well there are more than 2). if you're a LOTR and not on board with these, you're missing out on some awesome figs.

True that, especially while there are only a few figures out so far. The pace isn't as frenzied as the Star Wars line, and the figures are absolutely beautiful! It's one of the most classy, elegant lines out there--others are cool and exciting, but LOTR also has a touch of refinement and beauty that other lines can't really emulate just because of the nature of the story. The Lord of the Rings is so full of art and craftsmanship, and this line reflects that exceedingly well. Here's my only pathetic little image of the collection--they really are amazing on display, and if I had a better camera I'd take better pics. At least you get the point of how nice they look (if you can see them, that is):

DSC01414.jpg

Back