Whedon is now mainstream

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've tried to do this before, but now I think is definitely time. Joss is mainstream and most everything current will be discussed in Marvel. So we're going to merge this forum with General.

Sorry kids - but I think it's time.

Whatever. That General Section is a zoo and should be broken out into at least 3 or 4 sections, not put more crap into it. Do it if you're gonna do it.

Many thanks, Dave. I recall the previous debates. It was nice of you to let the forum die a natural death.

See everybody in gen pop!

Agree with Prog's sentiments.

I'm kind of repeating myself in the different threads regarding the re-organization of the forum. But yes, close down Indy and Whedon, move the customs threads into Custom Creations, everything else into their respective 1/6 or statue forums. Customs needs a few more subs, make a "Custom Artist Gallery" sub for Mando, Elvis, logan, 8-bit, etc. can show off what they're working on, a sub for theme project threads, such as Indy, Firefly, Ghostbusters, GBU, and then a Commerce sub for Corrose, iminme, CREG, rainman, xenoviper, IDM, TonyMeis, WGP and all those guys to show progress on their For Sale custom works.

But please, break out a 1/6 General Discussion section. The 1/6 sub should only be for product threads, formatted as "Company - Series - Figure Name". If the thread title cannot be formatted like that, such as a chat thread "How to repair a paint scratch", "How much money did you spend" "Whatcha got on pre-order?", any of that stuff. . . should not be in the 1/6 subforum.

I strongly dislike the 'catch-all' nature of the General Discussion forum. It's the top forum in the list, and therefore should be the most important, or most relevant. Yet the threads within it, contain miscellaneous threads, that you would expect to find at the bottom of a sub-forum list.

Dave, how much time do we have left to spend in here before the merge? :(

I'd love to make sure I get in a few more posts before hand, for ol' times sake.

This is making me kinda sad! :lol

Farewell Whedonville. It was a nice shelter and I got one of the best friends I ever had here. You will be missed and its sad to think how many things will be lost in the torrent of "general'.

Whedonville was the reason I started posting. My first SSC pieces were Buffy. Even my first PF was Buffy. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.

I can't stand the general section cause it's a mess, but this section has dwindled.

:exactly:

Though I don't post here often, I find that Whedonville is generally filled with the nicest, most polite people I've come across in a forum. :)

I was thinking of maybe getting into some of the Firefly props. I guess I'll see you guys over there.

Sorry kids - but I think it's time.

3889793_std.jpg

Back