Whats your vote on Sauron PF over spray?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you prefer on the PF Sauron?

• Light up base

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • No over spray at all

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Fine as is

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters
Do I like the painted lighting effects, No. Do the pictures I've seen from SDCC look good, Hell Yeah! Do I trust the production paint apps to look as good as the prototype, No. Therefore, since most likely this will cost at least $100 in NRD, I won't be ordering until it starts shipping and I see what the production pieces turn out like. Somehow at $1000+, I don't think this will be so low an edition size that it will be sold out by the time it ships. However, if it is and it turns out great, I guess it sucks to be me.

Not 100% convinced on the pose (looks unbalanced, the mace should be on the other hand).

I'm also not digging the orange painted glow (it might end up looking like orange rust).

And this isn't some $300 statue either. At the $900+ price point, everything about the statue has to look right in my eyes before I buy.

90% chance of giving this a miss.

I'm with the majority of you guys on this.

I will reserve judgement on this (as well as my money) until I see production pieces out in the wild.

I have the Dark Rider on PO so I can wait for this guy as I don't see any real risk of him selling out.

Yep, seeing it in person the effect is amazing. People were trying to get a closer to look to see where the light was coming from. Same with the Vader. It's a ballsy move, but if the production paint is like the prototype then I think everyone will love it.

Yep, seeing it in person the effect is amazing. People were trying to get a closer to look to see where the light was coming from. Same with the Vader. It's a ballsy move, but if the production paint is like the prototype then I think everyone will love it.

:goodpost::exactly:

Absolutely.... A big "IF". Look how well Ultron PF turned out

Remember how great this was?

Then we got this instead....

Lights off...
dvsg0k.jpg
u3
Lights on....
t6xj5x.jpg
u6

I am still pissed at SSC for this! :mad: :gah: :mad: If that was shown on there misleading web page, I would have never ordered it!

Last edited:
I picked light up base but in hindsight might have picked no overspray at all. I dig the look they are going for, but I don't think the production paint will hold up.

:pray: :ogat

I don't know that they showed Ultron at SDCC or in person before it went on sale. The difference here is that they have apparently learned from Ultron and perfected the technique.

Why is the orange paint on the rocks glossy in their photos?

I've never seen this in nature, and I've lit a few a camp fires.

Is this bothering anyone else?

Chris

Why is the orange paint on the rocks glossy in their photos?

I've never seen this in nature, and I've lit a few a camp fires.

Is this bothering anyone else?

Chris

Nope and that aint no campfire in between those cracks of doom

Last edited:
I don't know that they showed Ultron at SDCC or in person before it went on sale. The difference here is that they have apparently learned from Ultron and perfected the technique.

One can only hope. Luckily this is an open es so I don't have to worry about it until I see in hand pics.

One can only hope. Luckily this is an open es so I don't have to worry about it until I see in hand pics.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. If it was definitely an open edition it would probably say "Limited Edition" like the Stormtrooper PF. I think they just haven't posted anything yet. Same thing happened with Frodo and Sam Maquette, The ES wasn't posted immediately and didn't show as TBA.

Back