What's your top Black/Blitz Friday item?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from B/W Friday shopping for the past 6 hours. Went to bed at midnight (missing B/W Sideshow items in the process), and woke up at 4:00 AM to get started.

First headed to Sears for the doorbuster washer/dryer. Of course they were out of the $600 Kenmore pair, but they still had the $999 Samsung HE version, which was 41% off. I picked it up, because they were selling fast and my current washer is literally on it's last legs, leaks, unbalanced, etc. etc. etc. Bought the 3 year warranty for the washer (another $179) and paid for delivery, so total came to just under $1400. I thoguth I did alright at this point.

So then I head over to best buy to do some Christmas shopping, but ended up picking up a GPS unit for my car for 50% off and RE5 and Fallout 3 for $20 each for the xbox360. I did buy my nephew a couple of nintendo DS games. So then on my way out, I see that best buy also has Samsung HE washer/dryer pair for $1200, and these models have the steam clean/dry option. I have no idea what that is or does, but I know I needed it. So I'm preparing to buy the ones at bestbuy and then just return the ones from sears. So I get in line and while waiting in line, they tell me the dryer is sold out. this got me a little bummed, because I didn't want to buy one from each place and pay double delivery. I was talking to an older saleswoman who was probably the nicest and friendliest bestbuy employee I've ever met, which was a first for me. We look at the sears ad, then the bestbuy ad, and she checks the store inventory a couple more times but no dryers are showing up. I thank her for her help, but decide to pass on the washer only. Thinking of trying one last thing, I go back to where I paid for GPS and ask the guy to check store inventory, including neighboring stores, for the dryer. Oh yeah, these were being ordered from the warehouse, not the actual stores. He tells me that the best buy about 7 miles away says they have 6 dryers in stock in store inventory. So I speed like crazy down to the store. While I'm in line there, they are still selling the washer/dryer pairs???But I'm about 6 people back in line and then he tells all of us in line they are all sold out of the dryer. So I find another employee to check store inventory and then I hit a brick wall and got the usual poor best buy service I've come to expect. they wouldn't check store inventory, wouldn't look in the back, nothing. Accepting defeat, I leave.

I head to Target and Toys 'R Us and buy some Christmas presents for my nieces and nephew. Didn't get anything at toys r 'us and it was way too crowded and the line was crazy long. Then since I have to head back home, I decide one last time to go back to original bestbuy and just ask the nice lady to check the store inventory. She recognizes me, and asks me where I went. She tells me she had one last set that she was holding for me and she had walked and looked over the whole store for me, but couldn't find me and eventually it got sold. :monkey2 I thanked her again for her efforts, and told her I appreciated, but looks like I was still SOL so left bestbuy. Headed to Walmart which was on way home, and it was so crowded and so many people that I left and I was all black Friday'd out.

So now I'm even more bummed about missing that washer/dryer combo not only once, but twice. The reason I really wanted the best buy version was because it was a later model, something like AN205 (Sears) vs. AN607 (Best Buy). Bestbuys would have been $200 more, but they had cheaper delivery ($30 vs. $75) and the sears warranty was $170 for 3 year on washer only (I passed on dryer warranty), while best buy service plan was $250 for both washer/dryer for 5 years. So I think it would have been a little more but I would have gotten more for my money. I'm such a frugal shopper that I hate knowing that I didn't get the best possible deal. Now I'm a little depressed, even though I should be happy I'm getting a new washer and dryer.

Okay, sorry for the long story, just needed to vent. Does anyone understand my frustration?

There are definitely some smoking deals on BF if you're willing to deal with the crowds. I couldn't imagine taking kids to any of the sales. This one couple brought their toddler to toys r us and that kid screamed the entire time he/she was in the store. You could hear it from anywhere in the store. Best to go solo or in pairs and have someone that can wait in line for you.

I wanted that washer/dryer combo too, but I didn't want to travel 45 miles to a Best Buy that sold those. The one 10 miles from me doesn't sell appliances.

Sorry you didn't get yours!

got in line at 12:30am for a 300$ desktop at best buy. Crazy? yes I know. But it's one of those things you only do "once" Got a GPS with 7" screen for 200$, a 1TB drive for 50$, a few Blurays for 8-10$, and a few other things. I still can't believe I sat there for 5 hours in cold ass temps. Met some cool people in line though.

I'll never camp out to get this stuff. I don't need anything that bad, nor do I care to get any deals bad enough. If I did I would definitely have Mace or a Taser on me.
~~I did go to my comic shop yesterday at 5:30a.m. for their 50% off sale, but this was nowhere near as bad as Wal Mart/Best Buy/ Toys R Us. Since everything was half off I saved about $70 on my purchases. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

I would do it if I had kids of my own. It can sometimes be fun, but then I don't live in or near a big city where I know it can be scary.

I'll never camp out to get this stuff. I don't need anything that bad, nor do I care to get any deals bad enough. If I did I would definitely have Mace or a Taser on me.
~~I did go to my comic shop yesterday at 5:30a.m. for their 50% off sale, but this was nowhere near as bad as Wal Mart/Best Buy/ Toys R Us. Since everything was half off I saved about $70 on my purchases. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

I completely agree. If it's a small place like a comic shop or something I'll go. I won't camp out but I'll go early. Now I won't go near a Bestbuy or Walmart or anything at anytime on black friday. The only place you'll catch me at is a food store after work grabbing something. :lol

Wow, in reference to my post above about the washer/dryer that I bought during BF, it was delivered tonight and I never thought I'd be excited over getting a washer and dryer, but this set kicks major ass. This thing literally has bells and whistles on it; it plays a tune when it's done. There are so many different setting depending on what type of load you are washing/drying, that it almost makes ironing a thing of the past, which is great, because I won't iron. I was reading the instructions and if there is a leak, it will detect how much water is being used and if it senses it's abnormally high, shut off the valve to prevent flooding the house (of course this is only internal to the washer itself and all external valves are excluded). "Moisture sensors" on the dryer to detect if clothes are dry or not, and depending on load size, drying times vary. when the washer was in spin cycle, sounded like a frickin' jet engine was about to take off. I'm on my third load. I just took some clean shirts that I haven't worn in months because they are wrinkled enough that they would look like crap to wear in public, but like I said, I won't iron, and I threw those in the washer to see if an improvement. Men were never meant to hold an iron/ironing board in my opinion. My old set came with the house and I've lived here since 2003 and it didn't look new by any means when I got it.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled dying thread.....

Wellll, We decided to only go to one place because we weren't really needing much. We didn't need a big tv either, even though the deals were great, because we already have a very beautiful samsung lcd hd. So, we went to Target for 4am. We were far ish in the line but not too bad. Everything was very orderly and calm and even though there were lots of people, there were tons of tvs for people who may have come late. So I thought that was great!

We went for One Tree Hill seasons 1-6 because they were only $13 a season. Great price!
We got a couple of seasons of Sex and the City for a gift $9 each. And then a nice, simple black coffee machine for $3.00. Love it. A couple of towels for $1.50 each and a gift for our nephew. I also threw in a battery charger set because I am so tired of running out and buying batteries. But it was not on sale. Just something I added.

That's it. We didn't need anything else and the One Tree Hill is for yours truly for christmas. I'm pleased.

Wow, in reference to my post above about the washer/dryer that I bought during BF, it was delivered tonight and I never thought I'd be excited over getting a washer and dryer, but this set kicks major ass. This thing literally has bells and whistles on it; it plays a tune when it's done. There are so many different setting depending on what type of load you are washing/drying, that it almost makes ironing a thing of the past, which is great, because I won't iron. I was reading the instructions and if there is a leak, it will detect how much water is being used and if it senses it's abnormally high, shut off the valve to prevent flooding the house (of course this is only internal to the washer itself and all external valves are excluded). "Moisture sensors" on the dryer to detect if clothes are dry or not, and depending on load size, drying times vary. when the washer was in spin cycle, sounded like a frickin' jet engine was about to take off. I'm on my third load. I just took some clean shirts that I haven't worn in months because they are wrinkled enough that they would look like crap to wear in public, but like I said, I won't iron, and I threw those in the washer to see if an improvement. Men were never meant to hold an iron/ironing board in my opinion. My old set came with the house and I've lived here since 2003 and it didn't look new by any means when I got it.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled dying thread.....

I'm jealous you bastard. :mad:

I've been doing my laundry at the damn laundermat!!!! :monkey4

Which set do you end up buying?

Yeah, I stuck with the sears deal, without steam. Brand is samsung. Wanted to buy kenmore, but those were sold out.

Funny thing is, two minutes ago im talking about the black Friday experience with one of my football friends (female) and she says " I really want a washer/dryer with steam option. :lol

Just some Blu, DVDs and toys for the kids -- nothing I really wanted was that cheap.

Back