What's Your Next-Gen Console of Choice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your next-gen console of choice?

• Total voters
I don't need it right now, i have my good ol' 3080.

But i'm a Playstation guy so i'd get the PS5 if i had to.

Playstation 5. PC is cool for sure but way too expensive. As I work on computer don't really want to overheat it. My laptop made strange sounds on a heavy games. Finally got PS5 months ago and feeling blessed.

More less the same with me, I'm a console gamer but I've been slowly switching to playing games on PC due to convince (plus the damn PS5 is still hard to find). With the existence of the Steam Deck, I can easily take my games with me and continue on the big screen when I get home which feels like magic.

To get your AV receiver working with your current output, you could use a HDMI Splitter, but at least in my experience, it tends to strip the digital audio. Most modern motherboards can output surround sound no issues and the HDMI from your videocard should be able to output audio no problem. The thing about an Optical or coax cable is that it's limited to DTS and DD5.1 so it's kinda outdated and blu ray movies (and games) have taken advantage the newer codecs. Of course at the end of the day I'm just generalizing here since every hardware is wildly different, your best bet is to probably start with a "premium certified" HDMI cable from your PC to your AV receiver and see how it works out from there.

Steam Deck was also something I was thinking of. I just know that PC is capable of better graphics than PS5 and/or Xbox, but I'm not sure if Steam Deck is capable of that. I just really want to be wow'd by some graphics. And the last time I was wow'd was when I started modding Skyrim, and that's been nearly a decade ago. I really want to experience RDR2 at the best settings, but I surmise that 'best' is equivalent to 'how much money are you willing to spend?'

Steam Deck was also something I was thinking of. I just know that PC is capable of better graphics than PS5 and/or Xbox, but I'm not sure if Steam Deck is capable of that. I just really want to be wow'd by some graphics. And the last time I was wow'd was when I started modding Skyrim, and that's been nearly a decade ago. I really want to experience RDR2 at the best settings, but I surmise that 'best' is equivalent to 'how much money are you willing to spend?'

Well the Steam Deck can play modern PC games at high to mid settings. It also emulates older stuff quite well. I don't have RDR2 but from what I saw it runs really well at a solid 30fps at high settings.

When I heard about the Steam Deck last year, I thought it was a bit too good to be true. "A portable PC gaming machine you can take with you anywhere? Like, I can play modern games on the go?" I was really skeptical but thankfully it's one of those consumer electronics that actually does what it advertises and even more.

Right now I'm spending time playing Death Stranding when I'm outdoors or before bed, a game that I couldn't finish on consoles because how long it takes to beat it so if you're someone like me who has a backlog but not much time to sit down and play games, the Deck is definitely a cure to all that.

Back