What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the Lion Steel SR1 or the smaller SR2, really nice knives.

My next will be a Benchmade 940 and then maybe a Code4 by Cold Steel, and most likely I'm done with folders. Wanted to have almost all types of locking mechanisms in my small collection. Except for the Ti-lock which is crazy expensive.

Fair enough, Benchmade stuff is nice - can't go wrong there. I've got an old Benchmade McHenry & Williams 710(?), nice design & smooth action. I've moved more towards the designs with solid metal handles lately, I prefer that over anything with G10 scales. I think those 940's come in a lot of different handle materials though, so that's pretty cool.

Fair enough, Benchmade stuff is nice - can't go wrong there. I've got an old Benchmade McHenry & Williams 710(?), nice design & smooth action. I've moved more towards the designs with solid metal handles lately, I prefer that over anything with G10 scales. I think those 940's come in a lot of different handle materials though, so that's pretty cool.

I think I'll go with that black and blue G10 exclusive version of the Benchmade. Don't like the aluminum painted handles which will chip in time

Don't understand that sentence. :lol

20170725_125059.jpg

Top center, oddly enough that part in particular isn't in the above picture but that's a similar setup on my top collectible.

Mondo First Hellboy Statue. Got a great deal on him, $62. A small piece of damage to the birds feet but otherwise in great condition. :yes
ea7145817b0edf58e49613d93f514250.jpg

It's a clone?

Yep, $10 LOL. Here it is compared to the genuine Sebenza:

Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 Small vs Clone 02.jpg

I'm not a fan of fakes/bootlegs/clones/copies because of many reasons including the R&D work and all the expenses made by the original company, the copyrights, the possible dubious quality of the copy etc., but for $10 I couldn't pass.

Back