What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad Camper by Jeremy Bohr. (Friday the 13th remake Jason)

44ab252ee2896e39fca60712591ce376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The looks like a great piece, I've considered that a couple of times. What's your overall opinion if I may ask.
It's definitely a great piece to have in your collection if you're a fan of the movie, but it's also definitely not worth $300...

He has some great articulation going on, but he's also pure plastic. If they made him in diecast, or just added some weight to him in general, he would be worth the price tag.

It's definitely a great piece to have in your collection if you're a fan of the movie, but it's also definitely not worth $300...

He has some great articulation going on, but he's also pure plastic. If they made him in diecast, or just added some weight to him in general, he would be worth the price tag.

Thanks, if he was diecast this would probably be twice as much but oh so cool. $300 is a lot, maybe if there's a discount l'll look at it again..

First a stand to mount my projector screen. Then maybe bookshelf speaker stands. I've never owned a saw...the possibilities are endless!

Nice, very satisfying to make your own stuff - worst part is painting though! A drop saw's a good addition to the workshop.

Just keep those fingers away from the business end. :panic:

I made a pump house last weekend, man painting really does suck - this is it, just undercoated.

P_20160515_154836x800.jpg~original

Nice, very satisfying to make your own stuff - worst part is painting though! A drop saw's a good addition to the workshop.

Just keep those fingers away from the business end. :panic:

I made a pump house last weekend, man painting really does suck - this is it, just undercoated.

That looks very nice, good job! One thing I'm looking into building is a couple of subwoofers for the home theater. I wouldn't be able to cut large pieces of mdf with the miter saw though. I figured the miter saw would make cutting 2x4's easy, but I'll need a table saw for large pieces? Or maybe a circular saw?

I just went on another threea spree I picked up

Father son 2 pack
Bomb square
Rothchild funeral edition
Dark blind cowboy superset
Heavy duty slicer loper with giant severed bot head
Wwr battlechild and Caesar set
Ankou ex dirty swine
1/6 and 1/12 zombkin set
Kamo mumb
Thai expo snow commander set

Never though about acquiring this one, but I am a huge Disney fan.

Set a very low max bid on Ebay...and won.....Lucky me. Gave it to wifey for Mother's Day.

IMG_8990.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8984.JPG

That looks very nice, good job! One thing I'm looking into building is a couple of subwoofers for the home theater. I wouldn't be able to cut large pieces of mdf with the miter saw though. I figured the miter saw would make cutting 2x4's easy, but I'll need a table saw for large pieces? Or maybe a circular saw?

Cheers! Yeah, if you're going to be cutting sheets (ply, MDF etc) you'll need a table saw for best results.

You can use a circular saw with a straight edge and still get good results, that's all I use at home, but it takes a lot more time & the accuracy of the cuts comes down to your measuring. I'd only look into a little table saw if you have the room & are going to use it a lot, it's a bit of an overkill tool for a bit of DYI. Otherwise go the circ. saw.

Another option is seeing if a local hardware store or Joinery has a board cutting service, although most of the time they aren't too accurate either.

Cheers! Yeah, if you're going to be cutting sheets (ply, MDF etc) you'll need a table saw for best results.

You can use a circular saw with a straight edge and still get good results, that's all I use at home, but it takes a lot more time & the accuracy of the cuts comes down to your measuring. I'd only look into a little table saw if you have the room & are going to use it a lot, it's a bit of an overkill tool for a bit of DYI. Otherwise go the circ. saw.

Another option is seeing if a local hardware store or Joinery has a board cutting service, although most of the time they aren't too accurate either.

Until now I've had Home Depot make cuts for me, but like you said, they're not always accurate. I'd like to be able to make big cuts myself. I'm considering taking the miter saw back and just getting a circular saw. It could cut pretty much everything. Thanks for the tips. :)

Back