What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got these today :D

babydoll.jpg

great pose on babydoll :clap

Marmit 1:6 Stormtrooper just arrived. It is a FANTASTIC figure! I think this is indeed among the most accurate scaled Stormtrooper collectibles, very close to the Gentle Giant mini-bust IMO. The Marmit looks like a guy dressed up as Stormtrooper, which is quite awesome.

The Marmit armor has the rivets on sides, the bicep armor even has the "thumb print" found on the original armors, and the E-11 blaster, though maybe not as sharp as Sideshow's, has its own accurate parts like an M-19 scope (Sideshow's has M-38/M-40 scope) and the cylinders. The old Marmit body is better than the floppy Sideshow version. The helmet is simply fantastic and there is NO comparison with the Sideshow version. Of course you need to assemble this Marmit kit yourself (I got mine in an unopened box) and thus you need minimal skills to do so.

Sideshow version has its own pros though: sturdier material for armor, better E-11 blaster, more accurate thermal detonator (with the metal clips), more accurate cloth belt, a better way to attach the shoulder bells, chest armor and and especially the drop boxes, leather holster, joints on the feet. But overall the Marmit is still way ahead the Sideshow Stormtrooper in so many ways.

Here are some pics of my TK:

marmitstormtrooper01.jpg

marmitstormtrooper03.jpg

marmitstormtrooper05.jpg

marmitstormtrooper06.jpg

marmitstormtrooper09.jpg

The Marmit kit is very impressive. If you have any interest in customizing him you can swap the body easily and add both wrist and ankle articuation by cutting the hands and feet from the shin and forearm armor. Takes a little work but you can all a lot of posing options that way.

I did that when I made a Luke figure:
lukestormb.jpg

Marmit 1:6 Stormtrooper just arrived. It is a FANTASTIC figure! I think this is indeed among the most accurate scaled Stormtrooper collectibles, very close to the Gentle Giant mini-bust IMO. The Marmit looks like a guy dressed up as Stormtrooper, which is quite awesome.

The Marmit armor has the rivets on sides, the bicep armor even has the "thumb print" found on the original armors, and the E-11 blaster, though maybe not as sharp as Sideshow's, has its own accurate parts like an M-19 scope (Sideshow's has M-38/M-40 scope) and the cylinders. The old Marmit body is better than the floppy Sideshow version. The helmet is simply fantastic and there is NO comparison with the Sideshow version. Of course you need to assemble this Marmit kit yourself (I got mine in an unopened box) and thus you need minimal skills to do so.

Sideshow version has its own pros though: sturdier material for armor, better E-11 blaster, more accurate thermal detonator (with the metal clips), more accurate cloth belt, a better way to attach the shoulder bells, chest armor and and especially the drop boxes, leather holster, joints on the feet. But overall the Marmit is still way ahead the Sideshow Stormtrooper in so many ways.

Here are some pics of my TK:

marmitstormtrooper01.jpg

marmitstormtrooper03.jpg

marmitstormtrooper05.jpg

marmitstormtrooper06.jpg

marmitstormtrooper09.jpg

What is a good price for that kit these days ?

The Marmit kit is very impressive. If you have any interest in customizing him you can swap the body easily and add both wrist and ankle articuation by cutting the hands and feet from the shin and forearm armor. Takes a little work but you can all a lot of posing options that way.

I did that when I made a Luke figure:
lukestormb.jpg

Thanks GB. :) To be honest I'm very satisfied with its original body and even the articulation. I heard about cutting the feet, but this way you also cut the boots, and thus making it less accurate. My SS Stormie with its floppy body, weird looking helmet and small cod piece is no match for this old but awesome guy. :monkey1

:lol Understandable... and yeah the boots end up with a bit of a "loafer" look to them. Although you could always use those Stormie feet your selling :lecture

I wanted to upgrade one of my Sideshow Stormies with a better body since the original Sideshow bodies suck big time being floppy as hell, but never got time to look for one, so I decided to sell it.

I know this isn't the normal type of stuff people post, but here's what I got in the last 2 weeks.

Went to Walmart and found some awesome deals on this Mumm Ra for 8$ and the big Trash Pack packs for 6 $ so i got 1.
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo6.jpg

Then I went and cleaned out an old storage shed for my parents, and found some of my old toys.
Spiderman...no clue what series:
photo7.jpg

My First Kane Figure:
photo8.jpg

Some Type of Galactus xD:
photo9.jpg

Also, my Purple Almighty Tallest:
photo10.jpg

Back