What's your latest purchase?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19ad0f94d3ee44284e7e75ab70d45d69.jpg
81bd48e71d9ef7a93fe2baa1cda11893.jpg
9c8766694522b04167855172ef13f858.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something for the prop guys here: both versions of the Imperial Code Cylinders (original Radiation Dosimeters) used in Star Wars by the Imperial officers. The blue cap version used by Grand Moff Tarkin, Cmdr. Praji and other officers, and the non-blue cap (the rarest one) used by Chief Bast and General Tagge. Finally I have 2 of each type - in fact I have 3 blue caps (maybe I'll sell my extra some day) and 2 others.

In the 1960’s a company by the name of RA Stephen & Company Ltd, England, UK, made Radiation Dosimeters, that would end up being the props used in Star Wars for the Imperial Officers. The ones used in Star Wars are called direct reading pocket ionization dosimeters. They were typically the size and shape of a fountain pin at that time.

Each dosimeter contains a small ionization chamber (approximately two milliliters). Inside each chamber is a central wire anode. Attached to the anode is a metal coated quartz fiber. These units can be positively charged so that the quartz fiber is attracted to the anode. When the unit encounters radiation, ionization occurs inside the chamber producing electrons.

These electrons are attracted to a positively charged anode, which reduces the net positive charge, allowing the quartz fiber to return to it’s original position. This movement can be calculated and is directly proportional to the amount of ionization (radiation).

Imperial%20Code%20Cylinders%20both%20versions%2002.jpg

Imperial%20Code%20Cylinder%20blue%20cap%20Cmdr.%20Praji.jpg

Imperial%20Code%20Cylinder%20blue%20cap%20Tarkin.jpg

Imperial%20Code%20Cylinder%20Tarkin%20amp%20Chief%20Bast.jpg

Imperial%20Code%20Cylinder%20General%20Tagge.jpg

Not screen used, just like them. So not replicas but found items. And really hard to find too. These cylinders go for crazy money.

So these are functional? They're basically radiation detectors right?

Picked up some new prints today. Still trying to decide where they go so they're still wrapped up unfortunately

92f064d4645ef0ef5ba7d3790dc03f9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv not long picked him up too. Isnt he just awesome ? The paint job is fantastic on this.

Congrats

Last edited:
Back