What's your collection cost you? Let's see who's the biggest Star Wars fan :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must be an Australian saying :)

People say it in the US as well, but it's not all that common.

As for how much my collection has cost, I really don't know (and I'm not sure I want to know...) I'm sure it's well over $20K, especially if you include stuff like display cases and things that I've subsequently sold, like the Sideshow life size C-3PO. But I enjoy it. I don't smoke, drink (much) or gamble, so I have to spend my money on something. :lol

I've spent a small (well maybe not so small) fortune on this stuff, but how can you put a price on re-living your childhood?

I have all my collectables written down on a piece of paper. I have what i bought and how much it cost me (postage included) and what i have at the moment came to $10 grand. Will not tell the misses that. As i don’t have much spare cash at the moment i sometimes have to sell stuff to buy something and i will put down on the paper what i sold it for and its cool to see if i made some money or lost some.
A good example is the GG Rancor I paid $160 and sold for about $320 but it doest always work that way.
At the moment I have a full stormtrooper (I’m in the 501st) 5 premium formats (stormtrooper, fett, scout on speeder, tusken, yoda & clone), Master Replica snowspeeder, training remote, clone helmet, EFX clone helmet, EFX vader LE & tie fighter (both on order) and 5 studio scale kits I have yet to build (X-Wing, Y-Wing, ESB AT-ST, probe droid, training remote) and vader, fett, royal guard helmets that still need finishing and a few nick knacks not worth mentioning.
Hey Mandible im still waiting to se some picks of your collection.

Forgot the sideshow dewback & sandtropper

Last edited:
I have all my collectables written down on a piece of paper. I have what i bought and how much it cost me (postage included) and what i have at the moment came to $10 grand. Will not tell the misses that. As i don’t have much spare cash at the moment i sometimes have to sell stuff to buy something and i will put down on the paper what i sold it for and its cool to see if i made some money or lost some.
A good example is the GG Rancor I paid $160 and sold for about $320 but it doest always work that way.
At the moment I have a full stormtrooper (I’m in the 501st) 5 premium formats (stormtrooper, fett, scout on speeder, tusken, yoda & clone), Master Replica snowspeeder, training remote, clone helmet, EFX clone helmet, EFX vader LE & tie fighter (both on order) and 5 studio scale kits I have yet to build (X-Wing, Y-Wing, ESB AT-ST, probe droid, training remote) and vader, fett, royal guard helmets that still need finishing and a few nick knacks not worth mentioning.
Hey Mandible im still waiting to se some picks of your collection.

Funny you ask. I've just bought some more shelving and will be setting it up this weekend - I'm trying to put the whole collection into one room rather than two.

New pix on Sunday or Monday :)

Funny you ask. I've just bought some more shelving and will be setting it up this weekend - I'm trying to put the whole collection into one room rather than two.

New pix on Sunday or Monday :)

Love to see pics of other collections. A lot of the "collection" is how it is displayed. I like seeing how different people group items. I spend a lot of time thinking about how I'll fit in my next collectible. What goes in storage or gets shifted is always a big question :)

Anyone know how to you link the larger photos from Photobucket to appear in your replies?

Anyone know how to you link the larger photos from Photobucket to appear in your replies?

Copy the Direct link on photobucket which appears next to each image when you go with the mouse over it (click on it and it is automatically copied), and then use the
insertimage.gif
button here or
codes by inserting the link you just copied.

Copy the Direct link on photobucket which appears next to each image when you go with the mouse over it (click on it and it is automatically copied), and then use the
insertimage.gif
button here or
codes by inserting the link you just copied.

Thanks dude. :wave

Hey, guys, I couldn't let this pass me by. Bragging rights, and all. :)

6667688827_9ff6ea1088_z.jpg

I don't know how much it would all cost, but minus my 10 Sideshow figures, this is the entire collection shared by mostly myself, but also my brother. We used his school's music room to lay it all out, as no mere basement floor would do. Check out the full spread in photos here, or watch the video here:[ame="https://youtu.be/H355c4BAVns"]video here.[/ame]

Cheers, guys!

Fantastic use of space and RJD2 is a great choice for music in your vid (love that album). Really enjoyed it.

Hey, guys, I couldn't let this pass me by. Bragging rights, and all. :)

6667688827_9ff6ea1088_z.jpg

I don't know how much it would all cost, but minus my 10 Sideshow figures, this is the entire collection shared by mostly myself, but also my brother. We used his school's music room to lay it all out, as no mere basement floor would do. Check out the full spread in photos here, or watch the video here:video here.

Cheers, guys!

Holy Cow! That's one damn impressive collection dude. Love the flickr shots!

How many years has this taken?

Congrats!

There's still a few things missing:

Code 3 Vader Tie (waiting on an acrylic cover)
MR Snowspeeder - probably going to sell it.

And all my many, many books and artwork.

And I'm waiting for these final pieces to fill some holes:

eFX Vader Helmet
eFX Tie Fighter
GG Bantha Statue
SSC 1/6 Boba Fett
SSC 1/6 Grievous
Kotobukiya 1/7 Yoda (V2)
SSC PF Tarkin
SSC PF Droids
SSC PF Chewbacca

And the only other thing I'm thinking I'll get will be the 1/6 Landspeeder.

Then that's it... The collection will finish once and for all :(

Then that's it... The collection will finish once and for all :(

Nothing is ever finished, someone will always bring out something you will want.

Mate that is a nice setup. I can only dream of owning the MR AT-AT & Falcon. What Jabba is that sideshow or GG, always wanted one of them. And why do you want to sell the snowspeeder and what do you want for it.

Nothing is ever finished, someone will always bring out something you will want.

Mate that is a nice setup. I can only dream of owning the MR AT-AT & Falcon. What Jabba is that sideshow or GG, always wanted one of them. And why do you want to sell the snowspeeder and what do you want for it.

Thanks dude.

I know what you mean - it'll never end, but it's getting to that point now where (as you mentioned the MR Falcon & AT-AT) how do you get any better unless you build a life-size version? :)

With most of my stuff, like the (Sideshow) Jabba, I'm at the point where I think how much better will they get and can I justify spending the extra cash.

Going to sell the Snowspeeder to pay for some of the other stuff I've got on pre-order. As you can see the room is getting full and once the eFX Tie arrives my "Studio Scale" ships area will have one too many for the area and I thought the Snowspeeder would be the one I'd let go.

PM me if you're interested it in :)

Back