What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avoid it like the plague. Wai man owes thousands to customers he's fleeced and is ignoring everyone. I wouldn't even think about it.

I have a question relating to the little OSB site. There is a figure on there which I have been after for so long and am unable to find it elsewhere. It is showing as being in stock but obviously with all the uncertainty and comments you have all posted I am unsure as to risk it or not, what do you think? thanks!!

Rob

I think you would have to be a downright fool to give this man money when he owes countless people thousands of pounds. I mean, I guess since the site says the item is in stock, you could buy it and then file a claim with PayPal/your bank/credit card company well within the window of time where they cover you for purchases, but...is it worth the hassle? It seems like a pointless gamble to me; there is an incredibly good chance you won't see the figure, and it'd be truly shocking if the purchase went without a hitch. In short, you're asking for trouble. Keep looking elsewhere; this thread should be more than enough confirmation that Wai is a conman. Don't willingly hand him more money.

Thank you for your replies! I am so surprised at this. It's disappointing but no way am I gonna risk this. I have posted something in the want to buy section so hopefully that can bear some fruit :)

thank you again! feel a bit foolish for asking after reading all the comments

This was posted on the forum of how much osb owes you , as many people may not have access to this Facebook forum I'll post the letter that appeared there from wai man .....it's as follows :

I want to apologise for the delay in dealing with your orders/refunds.
My lack of information to you is inexcusable, I’m very very sorry.
Some may know I am ill with my back/spine, a condition I have had for quite a while, but there are other health matters I’m dealing with at the moment, one of the reasons why Ive taken so long to sort things here at OSB, I try not to use this too much as an excuse but hope some may understand.
My trip to see my supplier last year in China did not go the way I had hoped, the company I have dealt since OSB started was sold on and many of the orders were sold along with it, there is virtually no way I can track back any money that I have paid them, even with my paper trail of payments/transfers to them. The new company have no records of past transactions or orders and with the legal system in China being very difficult, one of my relatives are currently seeing what can be done.
Back to the present, our PayPal account is on hold at the moment because in past months, understandably, we had many claims though the PayPal system. As procedure, they investigated the OSB account. I have sent all the information to PayPal as part of their investigation and the account should be back up very soon.
I will work my way though relevant emails and will action the refunds as I go along, working on each email case by case, some of you may have made PayPal claims so may take a little time for me to cross reference all.
Please be patient with me. I understand the frustration with no orders, lack of updates, another ‘Mothers Basement’ that’s OSB has been branded, It’s very hurtful that the business I have built up for over so many years have come to this, letting down many loyal customers and losing some good friends that I have made along the way.
Plan of action…
All OSB social media accounts for the moment will be closed, no preorders are up on the site as many may have noticed, as I would like to get all sorted before any future orders are up.
In fact my future plan is to only sell ‘in stock’ items only and will rebuild what OSB once was with the help of our Taiwan supplier.
All current stock showing as ‘in stock’ on our sites are available.
For refunds…
Please reply directly to this email with your outstanding order numbers and I will cross-reference them as mentioned.
There are 3 methods I can send refund:
1, The quickest way at the moment is via bank transfer though the OSB bank account (within a few days once refund amount is agreed)
Please reply with your
Bank name.
Account name.
Sort code.
Account number.
2, I can send you a cheque
3, If you prefer to wait until our PayPal account is back up and running that’s also an option.
Again, sincere apologies for everything that has happened with your orders.
OSB reputation has been tainted badly, but Im working and looking towards the future to be what OSB once was.
Thanks
Wai
PS. I know that this email may be posted onto a few social media groups/forums as soon as it is first sent out. If you see it before you receive a direct email from me, please rest assured that this is not an oversight. I just plan to send the email out in batches.
Followed by
Hi Tom,
I have emailed you the current information about refunds etc etc in separate email.
I have been told maybe you are admin of the current FB group, and I understand the frustration you mention below.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope this puts people into the picture ...again some may call it ******** , but it does show intentions that something is being done .....hope this helps some people

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The man is full of ****...don't trust a word he says. He's been living the high life on your dime. This line speaks volumes: "All OSB social media accounts for the moment will be closed."

I only just ran into this thread but thought I would add my experience.
I picked up a figure from OneSixthBruce in late March 2016 without any hassle at all. Found a figure I had been searching around the web for, in stock. Ordered on or around 17/03 and it was delivered to Sweden by about 21/03
Pretty fast service actually, with good communication.

You are a very lucky collector indeed!

For many of the rest of us, it's yet another smack in the face. I have a load of pre-orders totally several hundreds of pounds and nothing to show for it despite multiple polite emails asking for an update or a refund. My Action Fraud claim has been confirmed by the police now so hopefully I'll get my refund soon and put and end to this whole sorry saga.

You are a very lucky collector indeed!

For many of the rest of us, it's yet another smack in the face. I have a load of pre-orders totally several hundreds of pounds and nothing to show for it despite multiple polite emails asking for an update or a refund. My Action Fraud claim has been confirmed by the police now so hopefully I'll get my refund soon and put and end to this whole sorry saga.
Man that sucks, I hope you get your money back. I had the same thing with mothers basement but was lucky enough to get my money back.. Good luck..

Man that sucks, I hope you get your money back. I had the same thing with mothers basement but was lucky enough to get my money back.. Good luck..

Thanks. Luckily for me I started collecting after the MB situation so did not get involved with that - those who have been caught up with both MB and OSB have my sympathy! I am very fortunate in that I have found a great local supplier (forum member here) who has been utterly reliable and has managed to source all of my outstanding OSB pre-orders for me at a decent price. Nothing to do now except wait for Action Fraud and the police to do their thing - I am not going to send any more emails to OSB as I am certain that they will be ignored like my last few - I have not been sending a lot to harass them, nor have I been rude.

Ipodimus. Action Fraud or the police wont sort your refund. You'll need to contact Wai Man at OSB to arrange. It seems as if many collectors are being refunded now or are taking in stock items instead of refunds. Keep on at Wai Man, he is arranging refunds for a lot of people and the successful ones seem to be those constantly asking.

Thanks. Luckily for me I started collecting after the MB situation so did not get involved with that - those who have been caught up with both MB and OSB have my sympathy! I am very fortunate in that I have found a great local supplier (forum member here) who has been utterly reliable and has managed to source all of my outstanding OSB pre-orders for me at a decent price. Nothing to do now except wait for Action Fraud and the police to do their thing - I am not going to send any more emails to OSB as I am certain that they will be ignored like my last few - I have not been sending a lot to harass them, nor have I been rude.
Who is your local supplier?

Ipodimus. Action Fraud or the police wont sort your refund. You'll need to contact Wai Man at OSB to arrange. It seems as if many collectors are being refunded now or are taking in stock items instead of refunds. Keep on at Wai Man, he is arranging refunds for a lot of people and the successful ones seem to be those constantly asking.

That's the whole point I'm afraid - I have tried not to harass Wai Man but sent a few emails politely asking for an update or refund and received no reply whatsoever. Perhaps Action Fraud won't directly pay me my money back but I'm hoping that the police knocking on his door on my behalf may encourage him to do what is right and return my money.

I'm not sure those people who are constantly asking are actually faring any better than those of us who have tried to be patient. Having refunded a few people, it seems once again to have gone all quiet on the communications front. Over at "How much does OSB owe you?" Facebook page, people posting about receiving a refund have dried up and more and more people are posting to say that they have heard nothing or been promised a refund and then heard nothing.

He could be handling this so much better - if he refunded in chronological order of when orders were placed and posted what date he was up to, then at least I might have a clue as to when I might receive a reply. At the moment, it is seemingly random who he offers refunds to - that leads me to conclude that if he is not sorting out refunds chronologically, he does not intend to pay everybody back and is trying to see what he can get away with. I have done as you suggested and asked once again for a refund but unsurprisingly, I have not had a reply. I hope that the police have better luck on my behalf.

From Facebook

Dear all,
I have had over 60 odd emails sent to me regarding your refunds.
I went to see the business owner of One sixth Bruce last week and informed that he needs to set up and speed up this refund process. (The business owner understands the seriousness of this issue and he has assured me that he is doing everything he is able to do)
I have asked him to put a post on his Facebook page to let you all know that he is aware of the issues and to post a message on his website regarding this.
I have informed him that you are all waiting for outstanding refunds to be paid to you.
I have given a deadline of 2 weeks to get his records in order and to start the refund process, with the highest amount of money owed to be paid first and to work down his list from there. (This has already begun)
I apologise for not replying to you all individually via email, however I am simple not able to respond to you all with the other commitments that I have at work and the sheer volume of emails that I have received.
I will keep you all posted as best I can in regard to any further updates.

Kind Regards
PC 14385 Ryan ROBERTS
Group 1 Reactive - Erewash
South Division
Ilkeston Police Station
Heanor Road
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
DE7 8DY

Telephone: 101
E-mail: [email protected]
Web:

From Facebook

i just got a message from PC Roberts saying he was having issues trying to post on the group so he has asked me to post the following.

Tom could you double check that he has permissions etc to post please. Thanks

Dear All,
I am currently the officer from Derbyshire Police who is in charge of the investigation for the OSB.
Currently, I am in contact with the owner of the company and I am working with him to try and refund monies back to anyone who has paid a deposit for an item and not received a refund yet.
He is currently doing this and he is working through a spreadsheet. This is a lengthily process but I would like to think that some of you have received your refund.
I have created a spreadsheet and sent it across to OSB to start refunding money back to his customers.
I only have 24 names as victims on my crime report that lies with Derbyshire.
If anyone else has purchased an item and paid via a deposit then please contact me on my email address and I will add your details to the spreadsheet. I will need your name, the amount of deposit you have paid in order to instruct OSB to refund you.
OSB has assured me that he is working as best as he can to refund people in a timely manner. OSB has informed me that he will no longer be taking deposits for orders. If you wish to purchase an item payment will need to be for the full amount.
I appreciate your patience in this matter and fully understand that for some of you, you have been waiting for a long time. I will be giving OSB a timeline of when these refunds need to be paid by as I will be visiting him soon in person.
Please contact me if you require any information or if you have any queries via Facebook or email.

PC 14385 Ryan ROBERTS
Group 1 Reactive - Erewash
South Division
Ilkeston Police Station
Heanor Road
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
DE7 8DY

E-mail: [email protected]

Back