What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£400 down the drain, still can't believe this. I haven't ordered anything since all this as OSB has really soured me on the whole hobby. I feel like I've just thrown away £400, not exactly a small amount of cash. Wai man is a scumbag and should be ashamed of himself.

And what about the people who posted in this thread defending them? Perhaps they could explain their rationale to the large amount of people who have lost a great deal of money, with the likelihood that they will never recover it back from OSB.

I defended them and will continue to do so. I have always maintained that I hoped people would get their figures or a refund (which to my knowledge at the time was happening).

I had no issue as I got all of my figures before things went South. I have no idea of truly why it went South, be it illness, poor management, stock shortages etc so I refuse to start throwing the blame around.

I'm pretty sorry for the whole situation tbh.

£400 down the drain, still can't believe this. I haven't ordered anything since all this as OSB has really soured me on the whole hobby. I feel like I've just thrown away £400, not exactly a small amount of cash. Wai man is a scumbag and should be ashamed of himself.

A fellow Kent man :hi5:

Don't let one person ruin your Hobby. Was you able to claw any of it back?

What's ClipperKing's take on all this?
I think its very sad for all parties involved , those owed money and for WaiMan himself (those not owed money but still wanna get all involved can **** right off). As most know I'm in a tricky position because if it was me owed money I'd be there worst nightmare but I'm also close to Wai and Maggie and unfortunately know some of the reasons behind this downturn , wish I didn't because it was easier for me to have an opinion on Mothers Basement but I do and I wont get involved any further , sorry . most of you guys know I'm a straight no ******** kinda guy and wont lie of cover for anyone or anything that I think is wrong or dishonest but believe me a lot of this is out of waimans hands and I know it hurts him personally that this is happening because he took great pride in the website and the community standing that he had worked long and hard for . I'm sorry for your guys frustration but please dont forget that life sometimes takes unexpected turns .

It's sad to see another business fail and whilst clipper King don't want those not owed money to have any opinion it seems. I'll still going to venture mine.
It seems like in most things there's at least three versions of what has happened and the only version we don't know Is wai mans.
I hope those that are owed money get some satisfaction and I also hope that wai man can recover both physically and financially.

Well I'm only down £83.00, but I also lost money to Mother's Basement as well. And I've been stung really badly on E-bay in the past. So for the past couple of years I've lost money to retailers. Funnily enough I just ordered a NECA 1/4 scale Alien off E-bay, and it's failed to turn up and the seller seems reluctant to supply me with a tracking number. :(

I don't know of any other hobby which carries a risk of not getting an item you've paid for. Why is this?

As for Wai Man, I think it's a real shame. He semed like a really decent guy, and it's tragic that things ended this way. But I do think if he'd have communicated more with his customers, maybe, just maybe people wouldn't have kept asking for refunds and the business may have got over it's troubles. But I don't know what was going on behind the scenes. I really feel for the people who have lost hundreds in this debacle, and as for me I'm going to stop buying from anywhere other than Forbidden Planet. They don't take deposits and you can be sure you'll actually get what you paid for.

So people who buy from U.K retailers and watch others get ripped off aren't allowed to have an opinion?

Oh sorry, they can '**** right off'? :nono

I think its very sad for all parties involved , those owed money and for WaiMan himself (those not owed money but still wanna get all involved can **** right off). As most know I'm in a tricky position because if it was me owed money I'd be there worst nightmare but I'm also close to Wai and Maggie and unfortunately know some of the reasons behind this downturn , wish I didn't because it was easier for me to have an opinion on Mothers Basement but I do and I wont get involved any further , sorry . most of you guys know I'm a straight no ******** kinda guy and wont lie of cover for anyone or anything that I think is wrong or dishonest but believe me a lot of this is out of waimans hands and I know it hurts him personally that this is happening because he took great pride in the website and the community standing that he had worked long and hard for . I'm sorry for your guys frustration but please dont forget that life sometimes takes unexpected turns .

I have tried to keep an open mind and been very patient with OSB. However, despite protests that a lot of things are out of Wai Man's hands - good communication and honesty with customers has never been amongst those. If things were going pear-shaped, the decent thing to do would have been to give it a bit of time to try and correct things and if that wasn't working, be honest and stop taking people's money. I emailed him early on to say that I was a bit worried about my pre-orders and got a reply to say that they were taking steps to rectify things. My " 100% guarantee of shipping" (OSB's words not mine) for iron men figures turned into 0% showing up. Despite emails politely asking for an update, nothing. At this moment in time, I am several hundred down with nothing to show for my hard earned cash. You may feel some loyalty based on past business but as a customer who trusted that previous reputation and seen nothing in return - he is a thief, pure and simple.

I have tried to keep an open mind and been very patient with OSB. However, despite protests that a lot of things are out of Wai Man's hands - good communication and honesty with customers has never been amongst those. If things were going pear-shaped, the decent thing to do would have been to give it a bit of time to try and correct things and if that wasn't working, be honest and stop taking people's money. I emailed him early on to say that I was a bit worried about my pre-orders and got a reply to say that they were taking steps to rectify things. My " 100% guarantee of shipping" (OSB's words not mine) for iron men figures turned into 0% showing up. Despite emails politely asking for an update, nothing. At this moment in time, I am several hundred down with nothing to show for my hard earned cash. You may feel some loyalty based on past business but as a customer who trusted that previous reputation and seen nothing in return - he is a thief, pure and simple.

:goodpost: It's a bad time for people who trusted and spent a lot with OSB.

3250956658_1_20_Th220kQG.gif

:lol

A fellow Kent man :hi5:

Don't let one person ruin your Hobby. Was you able to claw any of it back?

Cool, whereabouts are you from? :hi5:

Sadly not. I was trying since about January last year with no reply whatsoever. I don't care what his excuses are, he lied, took people's money and acted shamefully and unprofessional. He should be disgusted with himself. And I used to regularly recommend him to anyone in the uk asking for a place to order.
If he at least had the decency to respond to people and be honest it wouldn't have been so bad. But he just kept taking their money and lying to his customers. Customers who had been loyal to him for years.

So Wai Man is probably doing back flips over fleecing many people out of their hard earned money...I doubt the guy was having health problems in the first place.

The site seems to be up and taking orders/money again but Wai Man is not replying to emails or sending anything out.

I have a question relating to the little OSB site. There is a figure on there which I have been after for so long and am unable to find it elsewhere. It is showing as being in stock but obviously with all the uncertainty and comments you have all posted I am unsure as to risk it or not, what do you think? thanks!!

Rob

Back